So shoot me because I'm loving an air fork.

P E T E F A G E

Guest
It's been years since I kicked the air fork habit.

Too spongy, too linear, too leaky.

Now I ditched my lovely Fox coil (although I'm saving it for a hardtail I'm building this summer)
for a friggin' air fork and a 90 mm 35 degree rise stem.

"p e t e f a g e r l i n" <[email protected]> wrote in
message news:[email protected]...
> It's been years since I kicked the air fork habit.
>
> Too spongy, too linear, too leaky.
>
> Now I ditched my lovely Fox coil (although I'm saving it for a hardtail
I'm
> building this summer) for a friggin' air fork and a 90 mm 35 degree rise stem.

nothing wrong with an air fork. But a 35 degree rise?

I almost went away from an air fork this past year but I just couldn't part ways. on the plus side,
my new Skareb is far more plush than my old Mars
is. I'm quite pleased with the performance of it.

Michael

p e t e f a g e r l i n wrote:
> It's been years since I kicked the air fork habit.
>
> Too spongy, too linear, too leaky.
>
> Now I ditched my lovely Fox coil (although I'm saving it for a hardtail I'm building this summer)
> for a friggin' air fork and a 90 mm 35 degree rise stem.

Pete, is that you?

> Now I ditched my lovely Fox coil (although I'm saving it for a hardtail
I'm
> building this summer) for a friggin' air fork and a 90 mm 35 degree rise stem.

I ride a Marthon air 100 mm, smooth as silk when it works, but various air leaks have almost given
me grey hair. My wife rides a Fox coil and I envy her.

Why go from coil to air? To get longer travel? Save weight?

Per http://lowdin.nu

> p e t e f a g e r l i n wrote:
> > It's been years since I kicked the air fork habit.
> >
> > Too spongy, too linear, too leaky.
> >
> > Now I ditched my lovely Fox coil (although I'm saving it for a hardtail
I'm
> > building this summer) for a friggin' air fork and a 90 mm 35 degree rise stem.
> >

> Pete, is that you?

Yes indeed. Simply an awesome, simple, fork.

http://www.petefagerlin.com/images/airpower.jpg

p e t e f a g e r l i n wrote:

> Yes indeed. Simply an awesome, simple, fork.
>
> http://www.petefagerlin.com/images/airpower.jpg

Seethe green with envy.... What a sweet ride. Damn!

If I could buy whatever I wanted for a trail bike, I swear that's exactly it.

Can you put me in your will?

-Bruce

"p e t e f a g e r l i n" <[email protected]> wrote in
message news:f44%[email protected]...

> "G.T." <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > p e t e f a g e r l i n wrote:
> > > It's been years since I kicked the air fork habit.
> > >
> > > Too spongy, too linear, too leaky.
> > >
> > > Now I ditched my lovely Fox coil (although I'm saving it for a
hardtail
> I'm
> > > building this summer) for a friggin' air fork and a 90 mm 35 degree
rise
> > > stem.
> > >

> > Pete, is that you?
>
> Yes indeed. Simply an awesome, simple, fork.
>
> http://www.petefagerlin.com/images/airpower.jpg

Drooltastic.

Jon "Really Really wants one" Bond

"p e t e f a g e r l i n" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> It's been years since I kicked the air fork habit.
>
> Too spongy, too linear, too leaky.
>
> Now I ditched my lovely Fox coil (although I'm saving it for a hardtail I'm building this summer)
> for a friggin' air fork and a 90 mm 35 degree rise stem.

That's great! Give me an address to send the bar ends to.

/s

On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 16:46:15 GMT, "G.T." <[email protected]>
wrote:

>What model is that?

It's a Maverick.

>That isn't a ti spring on your Romic, is it?

Yes. They'll be readily available in a few more weeks.

On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 08:35:32 GMT, "Per Löwdin" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>Why go from coil to air? To get longer travel? Save weight?

Much, much stiffer. Longer travel. On-the-fly travel reduction from 6" to 4", and much stiffer.

It's also lighter but that's not that big of a deal.

Oh, and it's stiffer.

"p e t e f a g e r l i n" <[email protected]> wrote in
message news:f44%[email protected]...

> "G.T." <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > p e t e f a g e r l i n wrote:
> > > It's been years since I kicked the air fork habit.
> > >
> > > Too spongy, too linear, too leaky.
> > >
> > > Now I ditched my lovely Fox coil (although I'm saving it for a
hardtail
> I'm
> > > building this summer) for a friggin' air fork and a 90 mm 35 degree
rise
> > > stem.
> > >

> > Pete, is that you?
>
> Yes indeed. Simply an awesome, simple, fork.
>
> http://www.petefagerlin.com/images/airpower.jpg

BTW - is that a clean-bike-leaning-against-flowers/wall/couch/garage door picture? I think it is.

Hypocrite.

Jon "But a damn pretty picture anyway!" Bond

On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 20:48:41 GMT, "Jon Bond"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>"p e t e f a g e r l i n" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:f44%[email protected]...
>>
>> "G.T." <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...

>hardtail
>> I'm
>rise
>> > >

>> > Pete, is that you?
>>
>> Yes indeed. Simply an awesome, simple, fork.
>>
>> http://www.petefagerlin.com/images/airpower.jpg
>
>BTW - is that a clean-bike-leaning-against-flowers/wall/couch/garage door picture? I think it is.

No, it's actually a somewhat dirty bike with a clean fork standing up in blooming rosemary at dusk
for a 15 second exposure.

Not exactly a "generic" picture, to coin a phrase.

"P e t e F a g e r l i n" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 16:46:15 GMT, "G.T." <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >What model is that?
>
> It's a Maverick.
>
> >That isn't a ti spring on your Romic, is it?
>
> Yes. They'll be readily available in a few more weeks.

Inquiring minds want to know: A Marzocchi Maverick? I don't see it on their web site?

--
DTW .../\.../\.../\...

I've spent most of my money on mountain biking and windsurfing.
The rest I've just wasted.

"p e t e f a g e r l i n" <[email protected]> wrote in
message news:jf9%[email protected]...

> "D T W .../\..." <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:q99%[email protected]...
>
> > Inquiring minds want to know: A Marzocchi Maverick? I don't see it on their web site?
>
> http://www.maverickamerican.com/

Ha, On the picture, it was hard to read the name and the star logo looked to me like the
Marz "M" ;-)

--

P e t e F a g e r l i n wrote:
> On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 16:46:15 GMT, "G.T." <[email protected]> wrote:
>

>>What model is that?
>

> It's a Maverick.

Are you sure this is Pete?

>>That isn't a ti spring on your Romic, is it?
>

> Yes. They'll be readily available in a few more weeks.

Cool.

Greg

"p e t e f a g e r l i n" <[email protected]> wrote in
message news:[email protected]...
> It's been years since I kicked the air fork habit.
>
> Too spongy, too linear, too leaky.
>
> Now I ditched my lovely Fox coil (although I'm saving it for a hardtail
I'm
> building this summer) for a friggin' air fork and a 90 mm 35 degree rise stem.

Peter, What model Fox did you have?