So this guy on the local pro football team tests positive for Steroids.....

Dear Readers:
Here's a "fair use" snippet from my local newspaper:
Shawne Merriman's attorney said the Chargers' star linebacker failed a
drug test because of a tainted supplement and will continue to play
while appealing his four-game suspension.
END OF QUOTE.
The fun part is NOT that Merriman's defense against the charge
he was taking steroids was that he was, in fact, taking steroids! The
fun part: His suspension is for four games. That comes to four or five
weeks if he serves it during the season. And he plays on while
appealing! Compare that NFL penalty and player treatment to what Floyd
L., Ivan B. and "Wait, HE wasn't even named" Alexander Vinokourov got!
And then there's Tyler.
I guess pro cycling at the top is much, much tougher than
Professional American Football.
More links here:http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports/index.html
Robert Leone [email protected]

<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Dear Readers:
> Here's a "fair use" snippet from my local newspaper:
> Shawne Merriman's attorney said the Chargers' star linebacker failed a
> drug test because of a tainted supplement and will continue to play
> while appealing his four-game suspension.
> END OF QUOTE.
> The fun part is NOT that Merriman's defense against the charge
> he was taking steroids was that he was, in fact, taking steroids! The
> fun part: His suspension is for four games. That comes to four or five
> weeks if he serves it during the season. And he plays on while
> appealing! Compare that NFL penalty and player treatment to what Floyd
> L., Ivan B. and "Wait, HE wasn't even named" Alexander Vinokourov got!
> And then there's Tyler.
> I guess pro cycling at the top is much, much tougher than
> Professional American Football.
> More links here:http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports/index.html
> Robert Leone [email protected]

The NFL Players Association, and major other players unions in the U.S. is
extremely strong, unlike the riders union. The top players stood together
to fight for their rights. In cycling the top riders have been unwilling to
risk losing some of their monetary rewards to fight to make sure that all of
the riders are treated fairly.

When the Pro Tour was formed a new contract was drafted that contained the
doping language that allowed teams to suspend riders that were named in an
investigation. Instead of Armstrong, Ulrich, and company fighting the
clause they took the money and ran.