So Well Publisized!

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Christopher Jor, Mar 30, 2003.

  1. I am just positive a monumental show occured that everyone but me went to. After all that hoopla
    about the Go-One showing and availability- nothing. Silence. Missed it.

    I do not have any doubts now why velomobiles have been a flop in this area. Not anymore. Shades of
    High Tech fading into obscurity. That is certainly an area of business that I want NO part of. On
    the back shelf it goes; only sometimes appearing in a newspaper article- about dreams of not needing
    windsheild wipers or messing with the stereo 8-track. Maybe in another 10 years.....

    Looking forward to reading about Twike import blockage woes, or the snuck in Lietra, or maybe a
    brave home builder. Sad that the USA is so bound with monsterous killer oversize station wagons
    passing as SUVs or RVs.

    Chris Jordan Sanra Cruz, CA.

    Tags:

  2. Jerry Rhodes

    Jerry Rhodes Guest

    [email protected] (Christopher Jordan) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...

    > After all that hoopla about the Go-One showing and availability- nothing.

    What was the "Go-One showing"???????????

    Jerry

  3. Bill

    Bill Guest

    I really haven't got a clue on what you are trying to say. Does anyone else?

    "Christopher Jordan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I am just positive a monumental show occured that everyone but me went to. After all that hoopla
    > about the Go-One showing and availability- nothing. Silence. Missed it.
    >
    > I do not have any doubts now why velomobiles have been a flop in this area. Not anymore. Shades of
    > High Tech fading into obscurity. That is certainly an area of business that I want NO part of. On
    > the back shelf it goes; only sometimes appearing in a newspaper article- about dreams of not
    > needing windsheild wipers or messing with the stereo 8-track. Maybe in another 10 years.....
    >
    > Looking forward to reading about Twike import blockage woes, or the snuck in Lietra, or maybe a
    > brave home builder. Sad that the USA is so bound with monsterous killer oversize station wagons
    > passing as SUVs or RVs.
    >
    > Chris Jordan Sanra Cruz, CA.

  4. Very dissapointing to miss that. See 'BentRiderOnline' - Stop The Press for a picture at least. I
    haven't a clue why they ran the pic and announcement and no one else said a word. No wonder why
    people are not interested; not knowing something exists.

    Chris Jordan

    "Bill" <mcaninch(at)cecomet.net> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > I really haven't got a clue on what you are trying to say. Does anyone else?
    >

    > "Christopher Jordan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > I am just positive a monumental show occured that everyone but me went to. After all that hoopla
    > > about the Go-One showing and availability- nothing. Silence. Missed it.
    > >
    > > I do not have any doubts now why velomobiles have been a flop in this area. Not anymore. Shades
    > > of High Tech fading into obscurity. That is certainly an area of business that I want NO part
    > > of. On the back shelf it goes; only sometimes appearing in a newspaper article- about dreams of
    > > not needing windsheild wipers or messing with the stereo 8-track. Maybe in another 10 years.....
    > >
    > > Looking forward to reading about Twike import blockage woes, or the snuck in Lietra, or maybe a
    > > brave home builder. Sad that the USA is so bound with monsterous killer oversize station wagons
    > > passing as SUVs or RVs.
    > >
    > > Chris Jordan Sanra Cruz, CA.

    > http://www.newsfeed.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!
    > -----= Over 100,000 Newsgroups - Unlimited Fast Downloads - 19 Servers =-----

  5. John Riley

    John Riley Guest

    Bill wrote:

    > I really haven't got a clue on what you are trying to say. Does anyone else?

    I think he is referring to this item from BROL:

    "GO-ONE TO DEBUT IN USA The first Go-One Velomobile is on a ship headed to the USA as I type.  It is
    scheduled for debut in San Jose, California on March 27th.  Much fanfare is expected including
    national media coverage.  Sometime, somehow we will be reviewing this streamlined trike in
    'BentRider.  www.go-one.biz"

    Since he is in Santa Cruz and San Jose is just over the mountains, I am guessing he went to the
    event and was disappointed.

    John Riley

  6. Jay

    Jay Guest

    >>> "Christopher Jordan" <[email protected]> wrote: I am just positive a monumental show
    >>> occured that everyone but me went to. After all that hoopla about the Go-One showing and
    >>> availability- nothing. Silence. Missed it.
    >>>
    >>> I do not have any doubts now why velomobiles have been a flop in this area. Not anymore. Shades
    >>> of High Tech fading into obscurity. That is certainly an area of business that I want NO part
    >>> of. On the back shelf it goes; only sometimes appearing in a newspaper article- about dreams of
    >>> not needing windsheild wipers or messing with the stereo 8-track. Maybe in another 10 years.....
    >>>
    >>> Looking forward to reading about Twike import blockage woes, or the snuck in Lietra, or maybe a
    >>> brave home builder. Sad that the USA is so bound with monsterous killer oversize station wagons
    >>> passing as SUVs or RVs.
    >>>
    >>> Chris Jordan Sanra Cruz, CA.

    >> "Bill" <mcaninch(at)cecomet.net> wrote: I really haven't got a clue on what you are trying to
    >> say. Does anyone else?

    >Christopher Jordan at [email protected] wrote: Very dissapointing to miss that. See
    >'BentRiderOnline' - Stop The Press for a picture at least. I haven't a clue why they ran the pic
    >and announcement and no one else said a word. No wonder why people are not interested; not knowing
    >something exists.
    >
    > Chris Jordan

    Chris- you are still not making sense. Try again.

  7. Jerry Rhodes

    Jerry Rhodes Guest

    John,

    Thanks for the reminder. I remember seeing it and at the time I was taken by the aesthetics but not
    too impressed with the practicality.

    "What other vehicle can you "recharge" with a sports drink and a power bar?"

    They should have mentioned the I.V. one would need when the heat stroke kicked in.

    In South Texas you could only ride it on cloudy days in January. Otherwise it would make a dandy
    fruit and veggie drier or a neat slow cooker. Carry a frozen chicken with you in a Brown-n-bag and
    by the time you reached your destination the meat would fall off of the bones. Even with this swell
    feature, there ain't no free lunch. Somebody has to twist the cranks.

    Jerry

  8. Bentnut

    Bentnut Guest

    FYI the date was changed to April 8th.

    Steve Stout can be reached at 408-390-8836

    We might make it to the showing or Steve has said he could bring it by the EasyRacers facility.

    Looks like great fun, I'd love one with the E-Tek motor!

    Gabriel DeVault

    "Christopher Jordan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I am just positive a monumental show occured that everyone but me went to. After all that hoopla
    > about the Go-One showing and availability- nothing. Silence. Missed it.
    >
    > I do not have any doubts now why velomobiles have been a flop in this area. Not anymore. Shades of
    > High Tech fading into obscurity. That is certainly an area of business that I want NO part of. On
    > the back shelf it goes; only sometimes appearing in a newspaper article- about dreams of not
    > needing windsheild wipers or messing with the stereo 8-track. Maybe in another 10 years.....
    >
    > Looking forward to reading about Twike import blockage woes, or the snuck in Lietra, or maybe a
    > brave home builder. Sad that the USA is so bound with monsterous killer oversize station wagons
    > passing as SUVs or RVs.
    >
    > Chris Jordan Sanra Cruz, CA.

  9. "bentnut" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > FYI the date was changed to April 8th.
    >
    > Steve Stout can be reached at 408-390-8836
    >
    > We might make it to the showing or Steve has said he could bring it by the EasyRacers facility.
    >
    > Looks like great fun, I'd love one with the E-Tek motor!
    >
    > Gabriel DeVault

    Thanks Gabriel! Freedom, CA., is even closer to Santa Cruz than San Jose. Keep me/us informed
    (especially about the E-Tek if it is ever considered)!

    Chris Jordan