So Well Publisized!

Christopher Jor

Guest
I am just positive a monumental show occured that everyone but me went to. After all that hoopla
about the Go-One showing and availability- nothing. Silence. Missed it.

I do not have any doubts now why velomobiles have been a flop in this area. Not anymore. Shades of
High Tech fading into obscurity. That is certainly an area of business that I want NO part of. On
the back shelf it goes; only sometimes appearing in a newspaper article- about dreams of not needing
windsheild wipers or messing with the stereo 8-track. Maybe in another 10 years.....

Looking forward to reading about Twike import blockage woes, or the snuck in Lietra, or maybe a
brave home builder. Sad that the USA is so bound with monsterous killer oversize station wagons
passing as SUVs or RVs.

Chris Jordan Sanra Cruz, CA.

I really haven't got a clue on what you are trying to say. Does anyone else?

"Christopher Jordan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I am just positive a monumental show occured that everyone but me went to. After all that hoopla
> about the Go-One showing and availability- nothing. Silence. Missed it.
>
> I do not have any doubts now why velomobiles have been a flop in this area. Not anymore. Shades of
> High Tech fading into obscurity. That is certainly an area of business that I want NO part of. On
> the back shelf it goes; only sometimes appearing in a newspaper article- about dreams of not
> needing windsheild wipers or messing with the stereo 8-track. Maybe in another 10 years.....
>
> Looking forward to reading about Twike import blockage woes, or the snuck in Lietra, or maybe a
> brave home builder. Sad that the USA is so bound with monsterous killer oversize station wagons
> passing as SUVs or RVs.
>
> Chris Jordan Sanra Cruz, CA.

Very dissapointing to miss that. See 'BentRiderOnline' - Stop The Press for a picture at least. I
haven't a clue why they ran the pic and announcement and no one else said a word. No wonder why
people are not interested; not knowing something exists.

Chris Jordan

Bill wrote:

> I really haven't got a clue on what you are trying to say. Does anyone else?

I think he is referring to this item from BROL:

"GO-ONE TO DEBUT IN USA The first Go-One Velomobile is on a ship headed to the USA as I type.  It is
scheduled for debut in San Jose, California on March 27th.  Much fanfare is expected including
national media coverage.  Sometime, somehow we will be reviewing this streamlined trike in
'BentRider.  www.go-one.biz"

Since he is in Santa Cruz and San Jose is just over the mountains, I am guessing he went to the
event and was disappointed.

John Riley

>>> "Christopher Jordan" <[email protected]> wrote: I am just positive a monumental show
>>> occured that everyone but me went to. After all that hoopla about the Go-One showing and
>>> availability- nothing. Silence. Missed it.
>>>
>>> I do not have any doubts now why velomobiles have been a flop in this area. Not anymore. Shades
>>> of High Tech fading into obscurity. That is certainly an area of business that I want NO part
>>> of. On the back shelf it goes; only sometimes appearing in a newspaper article- about dreams of
>>> not needing windsheild wipers or messing with the stereo 8-track. Maybe in another 10 years.....
>>>
>>> Looking forward to reading about Twike import blockage woes, or the snuck in Lietra, or maybe a
>>> brave home builder. Sad that the USA is so bound with monsterous killer oversize station wagons
>>> passing as SUVs or RVs.
>>>
>>> Chris Jordan Sanra Cruz, CA.

>> "Bill" <mcaninch(at)cecomet.net> wrote: I really haven't got a clue on what you are trying to
>> say. Does anyone else?

>Christopher Jordan at [email protected] wrote: Very dissapointing to miss that. See
>'BentRiderOnline' - Stop The Press for a picture at least. I haven't a clue why they ran the pic
>and announcement and no one else said a word. No wonder why people are not interested; not knowing
>something exists.
>
> Chris Jordan

Chris- you are still not making sense. Try again.

John,

Thanks for the reminder. I remember seeing it and at the time I was taken by the aesthetics but not
too impressed with the practicality.

"What other vehicle can you "recharge" with a sports drink and a power bar?"

They should have mentioned the I.V. one would need when the heat stroke kicked in.

In South Texas you could only ride it on cloudy days in January. Otherwise it would make a dandy
fruit and veggie drier or a neat slow cooker. Carry a frozen chicken with you in a Brown-n-bag and
by the time you reached your destination the meat would fall off of the bones. Even with this swell
feature, there ain't no free lunch. Somebody has to twist the cranks.

Jerry

FYI the date was changed to April 8th.

Steve Stout can be reached at 408-390-8836

We might make it to the showing or Steve has said he could bring it by the EasyRacers facility.

Looks like great fun, I'd love one with the E-Tek motor!

Gabriel DeVault

"Christopher Jordan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I am just positive a monumental show occured that everyone but me went to. After all that hoopla
> about the Go-One showing and availability- nothing. Silence. Missed it.
>
> I do not have any doubts now why velomobiles have been a flop in this area. Not anymore. Shades of
> High Tech fading into obscurity. That is certainly an area of business that I want NO part of. On
> the back shelf it goes; only sometimes appearing in a newspaper article- about dreams of not
> needing windsheild wipers or messing with the stereo 8-track. Maybe in another 10 years.....
>
> Looking forward to reading about Twike import blockage woes, or the snuck in Lietra, or maybe a
> brave home builder. Sad that the USA is so bound with monsterous killer oversize station wagons
> passing as SUVs or RVs.
>
> Chris Jordan Sanra Cruz, CA.

"bentnut" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> FYI the date was changed to April 8th.
>
> Steve Stout can be reached at 408-390-8836
>
> We might make it to the showing or Steve has said he could bring it by the EasyRacers facility.
>
> Looks like great fun, I'd love one with the E-Tek motor!
>
> Gabriel DeVault

Thanks Gabriel! Freedom, CA., is even closer to Santa Cruz than San Jose. Keep me/us informed
(especially about the E-Tek if it is ever considered)!

Chris Jordan