So what are you people riding?

Lucius The Anar

Guest
So what are people riding and what is your dream bike?

"swj" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> wrenchscience.com, the place where we can all play dr. frankenstein.
>
> shawn

LOL. I did that for weeks when I first found that site. It is a miracle I didn't end up buying a
dozen bikes. On the other hand, most of the fun was trying to make it even better...so maybe that is
why I never bought one from them. Oh yeah, and the price...

So much for an actual conversation on what people are riding. I meant what are the makes and models
of your bikes. I didn't mean to cause a strong reaction with unclever wittiness.

[email protected] (Lucius the Anark) wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> So what are people riding and what is your dream bike?

I'm riding a Shimano equipped 2000 Fuji Team.

Dream bike:

Ridden by a *hot* cyclist chick who digs me ;)

- Boyd S. doesn't dream about bikes

A hand-me-down GT XR road bike with Shimano 105 running gear and Laurent Jalabert pedals from Look.
It's a good machine, but built too high. Meanwhile, Dad (who falls firmly into the Fatty Master
category, and does more skating than cycling) has a brand-new carbon-fiber Giant which he doesn't
let me ride...

-Sonarrat.

Boyd Speerschneider wrote:

> [email protected] (Lucius the Anark) wrote in
> news:[email protected]:
>

>>So what are people riding and what is your dream bike?
>

> I'm riding a Shimano equipped 2000 Fuji Team.
>
> Dream bike:
>
> Ridden by a *hot* cyclist chick who digs me ;)
>
> - Boyd S. doesn't dream about bikes

I have ridden a 25lb steel-frame Fuji Tivoli for years, up some horrendous grades, down harrowing
descents and pretty much everywhere else. I finally broke the rear wheel and elected to replace it
before replacing my trusty mountain bike (which has stood in for the past year and kept me fit to
some degree.) Riding a Colnago Dream Plus for the past 4 weeks and loving it (with the exception of
two flats this past Saturday.)

Sue him. You can ask Talks With ****-Eating Flies for some help in this matter.

--
tanx, Howard

"We've reached a higher spiritual plane, that is so high I can't explain We tell jokes to make you
laugh, we play sports so we don't get fat..." The Dictators

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

"Lucius the Anark" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> So what are people riding and what is your dream bike?

1) The last of the GTs

2) My poorly built Russian titanium frame + Dura Ace that's been sitting at home for 4 years.

Jeff

A 1982 Peugeot, with no quick releases and a lock heavier than your momma.

"G. Focker" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> [email protected] (Lucius the Anark) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> > So what are people riding and what is your dream bike?
>
> I ride soccer moms.........my dream ride? 2004 MILF
>
> FOCKER

---

On 13 Oct 2003 00:46:13 GMT, Neacalban1 wrote:
> Boron XL 2000, mostly record, a bit of chorus.. standard 32 spoke mavic rims3 years, still love
> it. Must not be the Justin Lewis model.

And/or, you're <80kg and racing crits less than 2x/week.