So what are you people riding?

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Lucius The Anar, Oct 7, 2003.

  1. So what are people riding and what is your dream bike?

    Tags:

  2. Swj

    Swj Guest

    wrenchscience.com, the place where we can all play dr. frankenstein.

    shawn

    "Lucius the Anark" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > So what are people riding and what is your dream bike?

  3. "Lucius the Anark" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > So what are people riding and what is your dream bike?

    I like to ride bikes and skateboards. My dream bike, doesn't exist.

  4. Nick Burns

    Nick Burns Guest

    "swj" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > wrenchscience.com, the place where we can all play dr. frankenstein.
    >
    > shawn

    LOL. I did that for weeks when I first found that site. It is a miracle I didn't end up buying a
    dozen bikes. On the other hand, most of the fun was trying to make it even better...so maybe that is
    why I never bought one from them. Oh yeah, and the price...

  5. So much for an actual conversation on what people are riding. I meant what are the makes and models
    of your bikes. I didn't mean to cause a strong reaction with unclever wittiness.

  6. [email protected] (Lucius the Anark) wrote in
    news:[email protected]:

    > So what are people riding and what is your dream bike?

    I'm riding a Shimano equipped 2000 Fuji Team.

    Dream bike:

    Ridden by a *hot* cyclist chick who digs me ;)

    - Boyd S. doesn't dream about bikes

  7. Sm

    Sm Guest

    Specialized Allez Comp at the moment... dream bike would be a Colnago
    CF3..... mmmmmmmmm (drool)

    "Lucius the Anark" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > So what are people riding and what is your dream bike?

  8. Sonarrat

    Sonarrat Guest

    A hand-me-down GT XR road bike with Shimano 105 running gear and Laurent Jalabert pedals from Look.
    It's a good machine, but built too high. Meanwhile, Dad (who falls firmly into the Fatty Master
    category, and does more skating than cycling) has a brand-new carbon-fiber Giant which he doesn't
    let me ride...

    -Sonarrat.

  9. Boyd Speerschneider wrote:

    > [email protected] (Lucius the Anark) wrote in
    > news:[email protected]:
    >

    >>So what are people riding and what is your dream bike?
    >

    > I'm riding a Shimano equipped 2000 Fuji Team.
    >
    > Dream bike:
    >
    > Ridden by a *hot* cyclist chick who digs me ;)
    >
    > - Boyd S. doesn't dream about bikes

    I have ridden a 25lb steel-frame Fuji Tivoli for years, up some horrendous grades, down harrowing
    descents and pretty much everywhere else. I finally broke the rear wheel and elected to replace it
    before replacing my trusty mountain bike (which has stood in for the past year and kept me fit to
    some degree.) Riding a Colnago Dream Plus for the past 4 weeks and loving it (with the exception of
    two flats this past Saturday.)

  10. Howard Kveck

    Howard Kveck Guest

    In article <[email protected]>,
    "Sonarrat" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > A hand-me-down GT XR road bike with Shimano 105 running gear and Laurent Jalabert pedals from
    > Look. It's a good machine, but built too high. Meanwhile, Dad (who falls firmly into the Fatty
    > Master category, and does more skating than cycling) has a brand-new carbon-fiber Giant which he
    > doesn't let me ride...
    >
    > -Sonarrat.

    Sue him. You can ask Talks With Shit-Eating Flies for some help in this matter.

    --
    tanx, Howard

    "We've reached a higher spiritual plane, that is so high I can't explain We tell jokes to make you
    laugh, we play sports so we don't get fat..." The Dictators

    remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

  11. Jeff Jones

    Jeff Jones Guest

    "Lucius the Anark" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > So what are people riding and what is your dream bike?

    1) The last of the GTs

    2) My poorly built Russian titanium frame + Dura Ace that's been sitting at home for 4 years.

    Jeff

  12. G. Focker

    G. Focker Guest

    [email protected] (Lucius the Anark) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > So what are people riding and what is your dream bike?

    I ride soccer moms.........my dream ride? 2004 MILF

    FOCKER

  13. Mg

    Mg Guest

    A 1982 Peugeot, with no quick releases and a lock heavier than your momma.

    "G. Focker" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > [email protected] (Lucius the Anark) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > > So what are people riding and what is your dream bike?
    >
    > I ride soccer moms.........my dream ride? 2004 MILF
    >
    > FOCKER

    ---

  14. Paulo

    Paulo Guest

    Quattro Assi Rocket w/ mix of Dura Ace and Ultegra. VeloMax Ascent II.

    Love it!

    Paul

    "SM" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Specialized Allez Comp at the moment... dream bike would be a Colnago
    > CF3..... mmmmmmmmm (drool)
    >

    > "Lucius the Anark" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > So what are people riding and what is your dream bike?

  15. Danny Callen

    Danny Callen Guest

  16. On 13 Oct 2003 00:46:13 GMT, Neacalban1 wrote:
    > Boron XL 2000, mostly record, a bit of chorus.. standard 32 spoke mavic rims3 years, still love
    > it. Must not be the Justin Lewis model.

    And/or, you're <80kg and racing crits less than 2x/week.