So what did the 2nd rate french teams do?

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by David N. Welton, Jul 28, 2003.

  1. Tags:

  2. On Mon, 28 Jul 2003 07:49:40 GMT, David N. Welton wrote:
    >Did any of the other invitees accomplish anything interesting?

    Brioches La Boulangère finished with all riders.

  3. Bart

    Bart Guest

    each of the French teams did better -in any sense- than Kelme, Gerolsteiner, Vini Caldirola, Lotto
    or Beloki-less ONCE.

    Petacchi's first week would have made Domina Vacanze with Cipo 2003 meaningless.

  4. "Bart" <[email protected]> writes:

    > each of the French teams did better -in any sense- than Kelme, Gerolsteiner, Vini Caldirola, Lotto
    > or Beloki-less ONCE.

    > Petacchi's first week would have made Domina Vacanze with Cipo 2003 meaningless.

    Cipollini beat Petacchi in a few sprints at the Giro. Who knows, he might even have gutted out the
    mountains - something he has done at the Giro in the past.

    --
    David N. Welton Consulting: http://www.dedasys.com/ Personal: http://www.dedasys.com/davidw/ Free
    Software: http://www.dedasys.com/freesoftware/ Apache Tcl: http://tcl.apache.org/

  5. Daniel Lieb

    Daniel Lieb Guest

    "David N. Welton" wrote:

    "Cipollini beat Petacchi in a few sprints at the Giro. "

    Petacchi won 6 stages in the Giro, and wasn't Cipo in the race for 3 of them?

    "Who knows, he might even have gutted out the mountains - something he has done at the Giro in
    the past."

    Yes, and maybe Tyler didn't injure himself, Lance is on drugs, Beloki didn't crash and just wanted
    to leave the tour for vacation, and next year's tour will feature flying pigs racing in the TTT.

  6. On Mon, 28 Jul 2003 07:49:40 +0000, David N. Welton wrote:

    > Jean Delatour actually got the MJ for a day, and won the final stage because McEwen and Cooke were
    > busy trying to push eachother over.
    >
    > Did any of the other invitees accomplish anything interesting?

    What a negative type you are

    I doubt we would have seen Cipollini sprinting on the Champs Elysee had his team been invited

    Besides which, in case it has escaped your myopic notice, the Race is called the Tour de France and
    I personally consider it a disgrace for any French team to be excluded.

  7. Anonymous

    Anonymous Guest

    Ewoud Dronkert wrote:
    > Brioches La Boulangère finished with all riders.

    And Chavanel provided some entertainment (and perhaps added his name to the list of future french
    prospects).

  8. "David N. Welton" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > Cipollini beat Petacchi in a few sprints at the Giro. Who knows, he might even have gutted out the
    > mountains - something he has done at the Giro in the past.

    The Lion Queen would not have gutted out the mountains.

  9. Carl Sundquist

    Carl Sundquist New Member

    Joined:
    Jul 18, 2003
    Good thing nobody takes you personally.

    In case it escaped your myopic notice, the Race is called the Tour de France, not Le Tour de le Equipes de France, which would cause the race to be a tiny fraction of the spectacle that it has grown into.

    Have you thought about voicing your opinion to the Amaury Sport Organization or do you assume they will read it here and ring you?

  10. Andrew Swan

    Andrew Swan Guest

    David N. Welton wrote:
    > Jean Delatour actually got the MJ for a day, and won the final stage because McEwen and Cooke were
    > busy trying to push eachother over.
    >
    > Did any of the other invitees accomplish anything interesting?

    J. de la T. also had a rider (Finot?) spend what Paul S. said was 25% of the race distance in a
    breakaway (although on doing the maths myself it worked out to about half that - a long way
    either way).

    &roo