So what did the 2nd rate french teams do?

On Mon, 28 Jul 2003 07:49:40 GMT, David N. Welton wrote:
>Did any of the other invitees accomplish anything interesting?

Brioches La Boulangère finished with all riders.

each of the French teams did better -in any sense- than Kelme, Gerolsteiner, Vini Caldirola, Lotto
or Beloki-less ONCE.

Petacchi's first week would have made Domina Vacanze with Cipo 2003 meaningless.

"Bart" <[email protected]> writes:

> each of the French teams did better -in any sense- than Kelme, Gerolsteiner, Vini Caldirola, Lotto
> or Beloki-less ONCE.

> Petacchi's first week would have made Domina Vacanze with Cipo 2003 meaningless.

Cipollini beat Petacchi in a few sprints at the Giro. Who knows, he might even have gutted out the
mountains - something he has done at the Giro in the past.

--
David N. Welton Consulting: http://www.dedasys.com/ Personal: http://www.dedasys.com/davidw/ Free
Software: http://www.dedasys.com/freesoftware/ Apache Tcl: http://tcl.apache.org/

"David N. Welton" wrote:

"Cipollini beat Petacchi in a few sprints at the Giro. "

Petacchi won 6 stages in the Giro, and wasn't Cipo in the race for 3 of them?

"Who knows, he might even have gutted out the mountains - something he has done at the Giro in
the past."

Yes, and maybe Tyler didn't injure himself, Lance is on drugs, Beloki didn't crash and just wanted
to leave the tour for vacation, and next year's tour will feature flying pigs racing in the TTT.

On Mon, 28 Jul 2003 07:49:40 +0000, David N. Welton wrote:

> Jean Delatour actually got the MJ for a day, and won the final stage because McEwen and Cooke were
> busy trying to push eachother over.
>
> Did any of the other invitees accomplish anything interesting?

What a negative type you are

I doubt we would have seen Cipollini sprinting on the Champs Elysee had his team been invited

Besides which, in case it has escaped your myopic notice, the Race is called the Tour de France and
I personally consider it a disgrace for any French team to be excluded.

Ewoud Dronkert wrote:
> Brioches La Boulangère finished with all riders.

And Chavanel provided some entertainment (and perhaps added his name to the list of future french
prospects).

"David N. Welton" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

> Cipollini beat Petacchi in a few sprints at the Giro. Who knows, he might even have gutted out the
> mountains - something he has done at the Giro in the past.

The Lion Queen would not have gutted out the mountains.

Originally posted by Davey Crockett

What a negative type you are

I doubt we would have seen Cipollini sprinting on the Champs Elysee had his team been invited

HAH! Hypocrite!

Besides which, in case it has escaped your myopic notice, the Race is called the Tour de France and
I personally consider it a disgrace for any French team to be excluded. [/B]

Good thing nobody takes you personally.

In case it escaped your myopic notice, the Race is called the Tour de France, not Le Tour de le Equipes de France, which would cause the race to be a tiny fraction of the spectacle that it has grown into.

Have you thought about voicing your opinion to the Amaury Sport Organization or do you assume they will read it here and ring you?

David N. Welton wrote:
> Jean Delatour actually got the MJ for a day, and won the final stage because McEwen and Cooke were
> busy trying to push eachother over.
>
> Did any of the other invitees accomplish anything interesting?

J. de la T. also had a rider (Finot?) spend what Paul S. said was 25% of the race distance in a
breakaway (although on doing the maths myself it worked out to about half that - a long way
either way).

&roo