So what did you eat for Valentine's Day dinner?

Nexis

Guest
I made Parmesan Crusted Chicken Breasts, Mascarpone & Pesto Polenta, Green Beans sautéed with
garlic, rosemary and pine nuts. For dessert we are having Molten Lava cakes, with espresso crème
anglais and toasted almonds.

The chicken is delicious and so simple. Just marinate with Dijon mustard, white wine and garlic.
Process some chunks of French bread until you have big crumbs and toss with 1/2 cup parmesan
(shredded finely) and 1 tsp sage. Drain the chicken and lay out on a cookie sheet and top with bread
crumbs, then drizzle with melted butter. Bake, 425*f for 10-12 minutes or until cooked through.
Yummy! The polenta is equally easy. I cooked it in chicken stock for added flavor. Cook 4:1 liquid
to corn meal 8-10 min until tender then transfer to glass baking dish. Dot with spoons of
mascarpone, then pesto along side that. Bake 20 min at 375*f. The molten lava cakes are on
Godiva.com website. I subbed Kahlua for the orange liqueur, and omitted the orange zest. Drizzling
the plates with white chocolate before serving.

Happy Valentines Day!

kimberly

I made chicken risotto with green beens on the side. Simple and delicious!

Miche

--
If you want to end war and stuff you got to sing loud. -- Arlo Guthrie, "Alice's Restaurant"

Nexis wrote in message ...
>I made Parmesan Crusted Chicken Breasts, Mascarpone & Pesto Polenta, Green Beans sautéed with
>garlic, rosemary and pine nuts. For dessert we are
having
>Molten Lava cakes, with espresso crème anglais and toasted almonds.
>
>The chicken is delicious and so simple. Just marinate with Dijon mustard, white wine and garlic.
>Process some chunks of French bread until you have big crumbs and toss with 1/2 cup parmesan
>(shredded finely) and 1 tsp sage. Drain the chicken and lay out on a cookie sheet and top with
>bread crumbs, then drizzle with melted butter. Bake, 425*f for 10-12 minutes or until cooked
>through. Yummy! The polenta is equally easy. I cooked it in chicken stock for added flavor. Cook
>4:1 liquid to corn meal 8-10 min until tender then transfer to glass baking dish. Dot with spoons
>of mascarpone, then pesto along side that.
Bake
>20 min at 375*f. The molten lava cakes are on Godiva.com website. I subbed Kahlua for the orange
>liqueur, and omitted the orange zest. Drizzling the plates with
white
>chocolate before serving.
>
>Happy Valentines Day!
>
>kimberly

my husband cooked *me* dinner ! :) so what if it was just salad and his "greatest grilled cheese
in the world" (with salami, 3 kinds of cheese onions, and garlic.)? he set the table all nice for
when i got home from work and everything. we had dinner by candlelight. and i love him, thats
really all i need :>

--
Saerah

TANSTAAFL

Hangovers only last a day, but a good drinking story lives on forever....

Nexis wrote:
> I made Parmesan Crusted Chicken Breasts, Mascarpone & Pesto Polenta, Green Beans sautéed with
> garlic, rosemary and pine nuts. For dessert we are having Molten Lava cakes, with espresso crème
> anglais and toasted almonds.
>
> kimberly

Meat loaf and mashed potatoes :)

"Nexis" <[email protected]> deliciously posted in

> I made Parmesan Crusted Chicken Breasts, Mascarpone & Pesto Polenta, Green Beans sautéed with
> garlic, rosemary and pine nuts. For dessert we are having Molten Lava cakes, with espresso crème
> anglais and toasted almonds.
>
> The chicken is delicious and so simple. Just marinate with Dijon mustard, white wine and garlic.
> Process some chunks of French bread until you have big crumbs and toss with 1/2 cup parmesan
> (shredded finely) and 1 tsp sage. Drain the chicken and lay out on a cookie sheet and top with
> bread crumbs, then drizzle with melted butter. Bake, 425*f for 10-12 minutes or until cooked
> through. Yummy! The polenta is equally easy. I cooked it in chicken stock for added flavor. Cook
> 4:1 liquid to corn meal 8-10 min until tender then transfer to glass baking dish. Dot with spoons
> of mascarpone, then pesto along side that. Bake 20 min at 375*f. The molten lava cakes are on
> Godiva.com website. I subbed Kahlua for the orange liqueur, and omitted the orange zest. Drizzling
> the plates with white chocolate before serving.
>
> Happy Valentines Day!
>
> kimberly

V Day was so weird. An old ex dropped by to deliver a "present" to me because I had been ill. The
present was a set of Lladro geese I had purchased for myself about 18 years ago. The ex had
cleaned out the condo, bank accounts and anything else that wasn't nailed down some 20 years ago.
Too strange.

For dinner I dined out with friends and the oldest dependent. We dined at Zinnia.

Michael

--
"The carp was dead, killed, assassinated, murdered in the first, second and third degree. Limp, I
fell into a chair, with my hands still unwashed reached for a cigarette, lighted it, and waited for

"Nexis" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<DYBXb.16947$IF1.10995@fed1read01>...
> I made Parmesan Crusted Chicken Breasts, Mascarpone & Pesto Polenta, Green Beans sautéed with
> garlic, rosemary and pine nuts. For dessert we are having Molten Lava cakes, with espresso crème
> anglais and toasted almonds.

I took the sig other out to eat. We had barbecue beef, green salad, macaroni salad, a ground pork
mini meat loaf, rolls and margaritas. Not fancy but the music was great. A marimba band - two
marimbas, with seven musicians (three on one marimba, 4 on the other), drummer and a guy on bongos.
Oh...and all for 300 lempira - under US$20.

Sandi

In article <DYBXb.16947$IF1.10995@fed1read01>, "Nexis" <[email protected]>
wrote:

> I made Parmesan Crusted Chicken Breasts, Mascarpone & Pesto Polenta, Green Beans sautéed with
> garlic, rosemary and pine nuts. For dessert we are having Molten Lava cakes, with espresso crème
> anglais and toasted almonds. kimberly

We postponed our plan for ribs at the Market BBQ; Rob finished his leftovers from Cam Ranh Bay (new
owners, not what it used to be, Kimberly) and a couple hours later we had some chili.
--
-Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> updated 2-10-04.

Nexis wrote:

> I made Parmesan Crusted Chicken Breasts, Mascarpone & Pesto Polenta, Gr=
een
> Beans saut=E9ed with garlic, rosemary and pine nuts. For dessert we are=
having
> Molten Lava cakes, with espresso cr=E8me anglais and toasted almonds.
>
> The chicken is delicious and so simple. Just marinate with Dijon mustar=
d,
> white wine and garlic. Process some chunks of French bread until you ha=
ve
> big crumbs and toss with 1/2 cup parmesan (shredded finely) and 1 tsp s=
age.
> Drain the chicken and lay out on a cookie sheet and top with bread crum=
bs,
> then drizzle with melted butter. Bake, 425*f for 10-12 minutes or until=

> cooked through. Yummy! The polenta is equally easy. I cooked it in chicken stock for added fla=
vor.
> Cook 4:1 liquid to corn meal 8-10 min until tender then transfer to gla=
ss
> baking dish. Dot with spoons of mascarpone, then pesto along side that.=
Bake
> 20 min at 375*f. The molten lava cakes are on Godiva.com website. I subbed Kahlua for th=
> orange liqueur, and omitted the orange zest. Drizzling the plates with =
white
> chocolate before serving.

Sounds good. We ordered take out food. We had a really good restaurant in= town where we used to get
first rate dinners at reasonable prices. Unfortunat= ely, the chef/owner had to shut the place down
because of a serious heart prob= lem. He recently started offering take out meals from his house one
night a week.= He emails the weekly offerings to his clientele. Orders are placed by Thursd= ay
night for Friday pickup.

Last night I ordered his shrimp bisque, a hearts of Romaine salad with p= ine nuts and citrus,
two orders of braised baby pork ribs with a mango sauce = and two orders of Tiramisu for 7 pm.
I arrived at 6:58 and was home by 7:04. Ever= ything was terrific. I can see us doing this
again soon.

Nexis wrote:

> Happy Valentines Day!
>
> kimberly

Celebrated V.D. and DearSon's 29th with a family dinner at our house. Marinated flank steak, herbed
rice, cauliflower with cheese sauce, a mixed salad, sourdough baguette. For dessert, ganache-glazed
chocolate bundt cake with vanilla ice cream. A nice Aussie cabernet. Enjoyed by all, even the 2 yr.
old picky grandson who scarfed down quite a bit of "yummy, yummy steak".

gloria p

Well, after spending 2 1/2 hours at a dang AT&T wireless kiosk purchasing corporate cell phones,
being the last ones to leave the mall at 9:30pm, I went home and made my husband and I a couple of
buffalo chicken salads and very strong vodka martinis, then watched a movie!

"Nexis" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:DYBXb.16947$IF1.10995@fed1read01...
> I made Parmesan Crusted Chicken Breasts, Mascarpone & Pesto Polenta, Green Beans sautéed with
> garlic, rosemary and pine nuts. For dessert we are
having
> Molten Lava cakes, with espresso crème anglais and toasted almonds.
>
> The chicken is delicious and so simple. Just marinate with Dijon mustard, white wine and garlic.
> Process some chunks of French bread until you have big crumbs and toss with 1/2 cup parmesan
> (shredded finely) and 1 tsp
sage.
> Drain the chicken and lay out on a cookie sheet and top with bread crumbs, then drizzle with
> melted butter. Bake, 425*f for 10-12 minutes or until cooked through. Yummy! The polenta is
> equally easy. I cooked it in chicken stock for added
flavor.
> Cook 4:1 liquid to corn meal 8-10 min until tender then transfer to glass baking dish. Dot with
> spoons of mascarpone, then pesto along side that.
Bake
> 20 min at 375*f. The molten lava cakes are on Godiva.com website. I subbed Kahlua for the orange
> liqueur, and omitted the orange zest. Drizzling the plates with
white
> chocolate before serving.
>
> Happy Valentines Day!
>
> kimberly

BF and i went out to our favorite little pasta place for lunch. We started with the baked artichoke
dip with fresh pita to dip. I had a greek quiche, and soup, he had pasta "new orleans" with fresh
veggies and shrimp. For dessert he had the tropical cheesecake, and i tried out their chocolate
raspberry crepes, which were heavenly.

It was lovely. Lunch was so much more enjoyable than dinner would have been, relaxed and pleasant.
I loved it.

On Sat, 14 Feb 2004 19:46:43 -0800, "Nexis" <[email protected]> wrote:

>I made Parmesan Crusted Chicken Breasts, Mascarpone & Pesto Polenta, Green Beans sautéed with
>garlic, rosemary and pine nuts. For dessert we are having Molten Lava cakes, with espresso crème
>anglais and toasted almonds.
>
>The chicken is delicious and so simple. Just marinate with Dijon mustard, white wine and garlic.
>Process some chunks of French bread until you have big crumbs and toss with 1/2 cup parmesan
>(shredded finely) and 1 tsp sage. Drain the chicken and lay out on a cookie sheet and top with
>bread crumbs, then drizzle with melted butter. Bake, 425*f for 10-12 minutes or until cooked
>through. Yummy! The polenta is equally easy. I cooked it in chicken stock for added flavor. Cook
>4:1 liquid to corn meal 8-10 min until tender then transfer to glass baking dish. Dot with spoons
>of mascarpone, then pesto along side that. Bake 20 min at 375*f. The molten lava cakes are on
>Godiva.com website. I subbed Kahlua for the orange liqueur, and omitted the orange zest. Drizzling
>the plates with white chocolate before serving.
>
>Happy Valentines Day!
>
>kimberly

We grilled some T-bones and had 'em with twice-baked taters, spinach souffle, and Caesar salad.
Dessert was assorted Godiva chocolates with champagne.

"Nexis" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<DYBXb.16947$IF1.10995@fed1read01>... SNIP
> The molten lava cakes are on Godiva.com website. I subbed Kahlua for the orange liqueur, and
> omitted the orange zest. Drizzling the plates with white chocolate before serving.
>
> Happy Valentines Day!
>
> kimberly

Well, Valentine's Day was not a particularly romantic evening. My friend and I often get together on
Saturday nights, and we got together last night more because it was Saturday than because it was
Valentine's Day.

Anyway, the menu was Raspberry Chicken, which is one of our favorite dishes. I got the recipe out of
the silver palate cookbook. I cook a lazier version of that dish, and add mushrooms, which the
original recipe doesn't have. With the chicken, we had rice and steamed asparagus.

For dessert, we had a slice of princess cake apiece from a local bakery and we both went to bed full
and content.

Melissa

My husband picked up chicken and potato salad from the deli (at my request)
and we spent the day together without having to worry about cooking or
dishes :)

"Saerah" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

> Nexis wrote in message ...
> >I made Parmesan Crusted Chicken Breasts, Mascarpone & Pesto Polenta,
Green
> >Beans sautéed with garlic, rosemary and pine nuts. For dessert we are
> having
> >Molten Lava cakes, with espresso crème anglais and toasted almonds.
> >
> >The chicken is delicious and so simple. Just marinate with Dijon mustard, white wine and garlic.
> >Process some chunks of French bread until you have big crumbs and toss with 1/2 cup parmesan
> >(shredded finely) and 1 tsp
sage.
> >Drain the chicken and lay out on a cookie sheet and top with bread
crumbs,
> >then drizzle with melted butter. Bake, 425*f for 10-12 minutes or until cooked through. Yummy!
> >The polenta is equally easy. I cooked it in chicken stock for added
flavor.
> >Cook 4:1 liquid to corn meal 8-10 min until tender then transfer to glass baking dish. Dot with
> >spoons of mascarpone, then pesto along side that.
> Bake
> >20 min at 375*f. The molten lava cakes are on Godiva.com website. I subbed Kahlua for the orange
> >liqueur, and omitted the orange zest. Drizzling the plates with
> white
> >chocolate before serving.
> >
> >Happy Valentines Day!
> >
> >kimberly
>

> my husband cooked *me* dinner ! :) so what if it was just salad and his "greatest grilled
> cheese in the
world"
> (with salami, 3 kinds of cheese onions, and garlic.)? he set the table all nice for when i got
> home from work and everything. we had dinner by candlelight. and i love him, thats really all
> i need :>
>
> --
> Saerah
>
> TANSTAAFL
>
> Hangovers only last a day, but a good drinking story lives on forever....

jmcquown <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Nexis wrote:
> > I made Parmesan Crusted Chicken Breasts, Mascarpone & Pesto Polenta, Green Beans sautéed with
> > garlic, rosemary and pine nuts. For dessert we are having Molten Lava cakes, with espresso crème
> > anglais and toasted almonds.
> >
> > kimberly
>
> Meat loaf and mashed potatoes :)

We went out to a local Italian, where I had crostini followed by poached salmon with a spinach
sauce, with chocolate-drizzled pancakes for dessert. Mind you, that was on Friday, as we couldn't
get booked in for the 14th. Last night, we had home made ham and anchovy pizza with very unromantic
garlic bread!

Jo

---

I mixed up some rigatoni pasta with some meat/mushroom sauce that I had in the freezer, tossed it in
a baking dish, smothered it with mozzarella cheese and threw it in the oven. Served it with garlic
toast (also smothered in cheese) and a salad made with tomatoes, onion, cukes and avocado tossed
with a bit of EVOO and balsamic vinegar. Coffee and Red Velvet cake for dessert.

Hubby, poochie and I cuddled on the couch in front of a nice fire after dinner. A nice
quiet evening.

"Melba's Jammin'" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:barbschaller-
[email protected]...
> In article <DYBXb.16947$IF1.10995@fed1read01>, "Nexis" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > I made Parmesan Crusted Chicken Breasts, Mascarpone & Pesto Polenta, Green Beans sautéed with
> > garlic, rosemary and pine nuts. For dessert we are having Molten Lava cakes, with espresso crème
> > anglais and toasted almonds. kimberly
>
> We postponed our plan for ribs at the Market BBQ; Rob finished his leftovers from Cam Ranh Bay
> (new owners, not what it used to be, Kimberly) and a couple hours later we had some chili.
> --
> -Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> updated 2-10-04.

"Saerah" <[email protected]> wrote >grilled cheese in the world"
> (with salami, 3 kinds of cheese onions, and garlic.)?

No kissing happened, I would think?

"Melba's Jammin'" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> In article <DYBXb.16947$IF1.10995@fed1read01>, "Nexis" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > I made Parmesan Crusted Chicken Breasts, Mascarpone & Pesto Polenta, Green Beans sautéed with
> > garlic, rosemary and pine nuts. For dessert we are having Molten Lava cakes, with espresso crème
> > anglais and toasted almonds. kimberly
>
> We postponed our plan for ribs at the Market BBQ; Rob finished his leftovers from Cam Ranh Bay
> (new owners, not what it used to be, Kimberly) and a couple hours later we had some chili.
> --
> -Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> updated 2-10-04.

Ack...why do they always mess with a good thing? I was just thinking about our lunches there the
other day too. *sigh*

kimberly

Since I have no SO in my life at the moment :-( I told my kids that they could have friends over for
a Valentines Day party. My children are 13 and
14. My son (the 13 year old) had 2 friends over, and my daughter (the 14 year old) had one friend
over. We made heart-shaped pizzas with store-bought dough (I even thought of cutting the
pepperonis into hearts, but thought that would be too much!), shrimp cocktails, a cheeze ball
with special crackers, and we made strawberries dipped in white and milk chocolate! It was fun.

Janet

"NancyJaye" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> I mixed up some rigatoni pasta with some meat/mushroom sauce that I had in the freezer, tossed it
> in a baking dish, smothered it with mozzarella
cheese
> and threw it in the oven. Served it with garlic toast (also smothered in cheese) and a salad made
> with tomatoes, onion, cukes and avocado tossed
with
> a bit of EVOO and balsamic vinegar. Coffee and Red Velvet cake for
dessert.

> Hubby, poochie and I cuddled on the couch in front of a nice fire after dinner. A nice quiet
> evening.
>

> "Melba's Jammin'" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:barbschaller-
> [email protected]...
> > In article <DYBXb.16947$IF1.10995@fed1read01>, "Nexis" <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> > > I made Parmesan Crusted Chicken Breasts, Mascarpone & Pesto Polenta, Green Beans sautéed with
> > > garlic, rosemary and pine nuts. For dessert we are having Molten Lava cakes, with espresso
> > > crème anglais and toasted almonds. kimberly
> >
> > We postponed our plan for ribs at the Market BBQ; Rob finished his leftovers from Cam Ranh Bay
> > (new owners, not what it used to be, Kimberly) and a couple hours later we had some chili.
> > --
> > -Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> updated 2-10-04.

Nothing really special. I have a bad cold and the SO wasn't feeling up to par, either. We went to a
local eatery that has good, plain food. I had southern fried chicken (made as one would at home)
with real mashed potatoes and good coleslaw. The SO had Swiss steak, scalloped potatoes, and veggie.
I'm sure it was all good as it usually is, but I couldn't taste a thing.

Wayne