So, what do YOU wear under your bib-longs?

Fred Fragger

Guest
Personally I wear nothing but then I'm relatively new to this game and may be transgressing some
sacred rules. It may be illegal for all I know :) I mean, surely you would see the seams of any
underwear worn which wouldn't look good would it?

Anyway, now that winter is here I'm beginning to wonder if I should be wearing some additional
clothing down below. Last Sunday was about 3 degrees, lower with the wind-chill, and I suffered
with, how can I put it.... extreme shrinkage!

I'm also worried about torn bib-longs in the nether region when several miles from home :)

Any recommendations, underwear wise?

Fred

PS I don't want to get into the Lycra for MTB rider right or wrong debate - I just like the feel of
the stuff OK?.

"Fred Fragger" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Personally I wear nothing but then I'm relatively new to this game and may be transgressing some
> sacred rules. It may be illegal for all I know :) I mean, surely you would see the seams of any
> underwear worn which wouldn't look good would it?
>
> Anyway, now that winter is here I'm beginning to wonder if I should be wearing some additional
> clothing down below. Last Sunday was about 3 degrees, lower with the wind-chill, and I suffered
> with, how can I put it.... extreme shrinkage!
>
> I'm also worried about torn bib-longs in the nether region when several miles from home :)
>
> Any recommendations, underwear wise?
>
> Fred
>
> PS I don't want to get into the Lycra for MTB rider right or wrong
debate -
> I just like the feel of the stuff OK?.

Good 'ol thermal undies. So warm, so comfy, and no shrinkage! For a few extra bucks, LLBean has a
great set of sweat absorbing thermal undies (http://tinyurl.com/ysbo, my undergarment of choice).

"Fred Fragger" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Personally I wear nothing but then I'm relatively new to this game and may be transgressing some
> sacred rules. It may be illegal for all I know :) I mean, surely you would see the seams of any
> underwear worn which wouldn't look good would it?
>
> Anyway, now that winter is here I'm beginning to wonder if I should be wearing some additional
> clothing down below. Last Sunday was about 3 degrees, lower with the wind-chill, and I suffered
> with, how can I put it.... extreme shrinkage!

Shrinkage is reversible, btw. Takes some time, though, and more of it the older one gets. Seek
assistance if necessary.

> I'm also worried about torn bib-longs in the nether region when several miles from home :)

Worry more if you tear something else. By the way, one piece of advice for various situations.
Always carry extra gear of SOME kind in the extreme cold. You can improvise as long as you at
least have something to work with. I'm a kitchen sink kind of guy in this regard, both with
clothes and with tools/equipment. Never regretted it, and though I've carried more baggage for
more miles than is reasonable, the few times I've needed something, I had enough to avoid
catastrophes (or extremely long walks dragging a bike.)
--
Off to ride the mountains, D H Reply to newsgroup. Spam is out of control.

Sir Ride-A-Lot murmured while asleep:
> "Fred Fragger" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:a41Cb.1096$FN.44@newsfep4-
> winn.server.ntli.net...
>> Personally I wear nothing but then I'm relatively new to this game and may be transgressing some
>> sacred rules. It may be illegal for all I know :) I mean, surely you would see the seams of any
>> underwear worn which wouldn't look good would it?

any sort of wicking undies will do the trick, beware chafing tho.

Penny

<snip>
> Worry more if you tear something else. By the way, one piece of advice for various situations.
> Always carry extra gear of SOME kind in the
extreme
> cold. You can improvise as long as you at least have something to work
with.
> I'm a kitchen sink kind of guy in this regard, both with clothes and with tools/equipment. Never
> regretted it, and though I've carried more baggage for more miles than is reasonable, the few
> times I've needed something, I had enough to avoid catastrophes (or extremely long walks
> dragging a
bike.)

I carry tools, pump, puncture kit, spare tube, food (I'm a diabetic so this is essential), camera,
mobile phone, PMR radio, moist tissues :), in fact you name it - apart from spare clothes that is.
I take you point though, I should just about have enough room for some trousers and a top of some
sort -good thing I bought one of the bigger Camelbaks :).

> Off to ride the mountains, D H

Lucky bugger

Fred

"Penny S" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Sir Ride-A-Lot murmured while asleep:
> > "Fred Fragger" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:a41Cb.1096$FN.44@newsfep4-
> > winn.server.ntli.net...
> >> Personally I wear nothing but then I'm relatively new to this game and may be transgressing
> >> some sacred rules. It may be illegal for all I know :) I mean, surely you would see the seams
> >> of any underwear worn which wouldn't look good would it?
>
> any sort of wicking undies will do the trick, beware chafing tho.
>
> Penny

If ya don't mind rubbing yourself (or having your significant other do it) in certain places,
vaseline prevents the chafing.

"Sir Ride-A-Lot" <Sir.Ride-a-Lot> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Penny S" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Sir Ride-A-Lot murmured while asleep:
> > > "Fred Fragger" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:a41Cb.1096$FN.44@newsfep4-
> > > winn.server.ntli.net...
> >
> > any sort of wicking undies will do the trick, beware chafing tho.
> >
> > Penny
> If ya don't mind rubbing yourself (or having your significant other do it) in certain places,
> vaseline prevents the chafing.

If the longs have a chamois or synthetic equivalent then nothing is always best, The longer the ride
the more obvious this becomes to the undercarriage.

"Fred Fragger" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Personally I wear nothing but then I'm relatively new to this game and may be transgressing some
> sacred rules. It may be illegal for all I know :) I mean, surely you would see the seams of any
> underwear worn which wouldn't look good would it?
>
> Anyway, now that winter is here I'm beginning to wonder if I should be wearing some additional
> clothing down below. Last Sunday was about 3 degrees, lower with the wind-chill, and I suffered
> with, how can I put it.... extreme shrinkage!
>
> I'm also worried about torn bib-longs in the nether region when several miles from home :)
>
> Any recommendations, underwear wise?
>
> Fred
>
> PS I don't want to get into the Lycra for MTB rider right or wrong
debate -
> I just like the feel of the stuff OK?.

I generally wear padded bike shorts and knee warmers then pull a pair of tights (no chamois) over
them. I'm good with this combo to the mid 20's F.

Mike

a fur lined thong of course...

mr chris http://www.geocities.com/singlesprocket/

"Fred Fragger" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:a41Cb.1096$FN.44@newsfep4-
winn.server.ntli.net...
> Personally I wear nothing but then I'm relatively new to this game and may be transgressing some
> sacred rules. It may be illegal for all I know :) I mean, surely you would see the seams of any
> underwear worn which wouldn't look good would it?
>
> Anyway, now that winter is here I'm beginning to wonder if I should be wearing some additional
> clothing down below. Last Sunday was about 3 degrees, lower with the wind-chill, and I suffered
> with, how can I put it.... extreme shrinkage!
>
> I'm also worried about torn bib-longs in the nether region when several miles from home :)
>
> Any recommendations, underwear wise?
>
> Fred
>
> PS I don't want to get into the Lycra for MTB rider right or wrong
debate -
> I just like the feel of the stuff OK?.

"Fred Fragger" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<a41Cb.1096$FN.44@newsfep4-
winn.server.ntli.net>... <snip>

Ask jpuddinhead at the head injury center. I'm sure he has some kind of white supremacist tshirt on
under his drool bib.

JD