So what helmet you wearing?

si2k2000

Aug 1, 2004
After finally realising I was being stupid not riding with a helmet I purchased myself one of these little beauties and I was just interested to know what the rest of you guys are wearing.

I wear a Giro Pneumo too, and my helmet saved my life! I replaced my helmet this summer after a very serious crash (http://denise2004crash.crazyguyonabike.com). If I hadn't been wearing a helmet I don't believe I would have survived - even with a helmet I had a skull fracture and what I've been told is a serious brain injury. I'm still working to recover my energy levels to a pre-crash condition - but I am back on my bike.

Giro Pneumo. Fortunately it hasn't had to save my life yet, but I like it a lot. It seems very light, and has great ventilation - important in the Texas heat.

Met Ippogriffo.

Giro's top models have not passed our standards tests here in Australia i believe and they are enormously hard to get a hold of(the eclipse circa 1995 is lately the only one to pass to date). If the blueys check your helmet and its not standards approved you can be fined.

In Australia, the best we get(that are standards approved) are Met and Limar

Giro Atmos Lonestar Edition (thankfully purchased via my buddy's employee discount :D )

http://www.nytro.com/media/bell_aquila_sm.jpg -except green

Dude, I never go out without a helmet. I had a wreck a few weeks ago, and on that very day I actually debated about wearing a helmet. Remarkably I came out of it without a scratch on me. But a minute later it started to him me that if I didn't wear my helmet and hit my head I could have been dead! So now I always wear one -and never think twice.;)

Was just in the market for a new lid, and tried on a Louis Garnier ozzy model, after years of using Giro I ended up buying one on line, it fit really well. Good venting too.

Well it seems that due to the shape of my head, I have to wear a Bell (not necessarily a bad thing). They just seem to be the only ones that fit right. Currently, I ride a Bell X-Ray.

si2k2000 said:
After finally realising I was being stupid not riding with a helmet I purchased myself one of these little beauties and I was just interested to know what the rest of you guys are wearing.

Bell Ghisallo....awesome lid!

Also have a Giro Eclipse and a Limar 105.

si2k2000 said:
I wear a 2004 Giro Pneumo. Love it.

Eric