So What Is Up With This Crap?

Discussion in 'The Bike Cafe' started by aa9t8, Jan 8, 2006.

1. aa9t8

aa9t8 New Member

i am going to have to go for therapy on "old hairy thing"

2. dm69

dm69 New Member

Roadies wave more than those silly recumbents (not that anyone rides them :p) and mtn bikers are usually to tough to wave at us bludgers on our road bikes lol...Thing is they ride as less than the carbon fibre fatties on road bikes anyway. When on a mtn bike I don't get as much respect unless I am in my cycling gear in which case they immediately dismount, drop to the ground, start praising me and worshipping THE quads just like usual...then its back to business. :cool:

3. Chance3290

Chance3290 New Member

THAT SLUT!! She told me I was the only one!!

4. aa9t8

aa9t8 New Member

seems that there is a lot of truly arogent (canadian spelling) cyclists out there. i just wondered why i am treated so differently depending on what i am riding.
    and for the record my bent bike is just a totaly different kind of ride. it is like the difference between 250 kms/hr on the centerline with cars every where to get away from the highway patrol. and riding a crusier through long windy mountain passes when it is warm and the sun shines down on ya. i just picked up an old chrome moly bianchi road bike. so what catagory does that put me in?

5. darcipage

darcipage New Member

I guess because there aren't as many riders here as in the bigger cities. Or maybe cause I'm a girl...you guys keep fixing my flats too!

6. Scarpelli

Scarpelli New Member

It's interesting that if you look at any of the big online Corvette forums, there are always threads about what they call "The Wave." It's an unwritten rule that if you're in your Corvette and you see another Corvette coming the other way, regardless of how ratty, you both wave. Harley guys do the same thing, and sometimes they'll wave at foreign bikes, but not often will they wave at those goofy-looking lime green offroad motorcycles, the ones that go RING-ding-ding-ding-ding!

I'm out in the desert, and on the bike I wave at everyone on a bike, and most cars coming the other way. In the Corvette, I wave at anyone coming the other way in a cool car, Corvette or not. I stopped giving them the thumbs up, because it looked like I was flipping them off.

Why not be friendly, unless you're insecure with "issues?"

7. Scarpelli

Scarpelli New Member

It's interesting that if you look at any of the big online Corvette forums, there are always threads about what they call "The Wave." It's an unwritten rule that if you're in your Corvette and you see another Corvette coming the other way, regardless of how ratty, you both wave. Harley guys do the same thing, and sometimes they'll wave at foreign bikes, but not often will they wave at those goofy-looking lime green offroad motorcycles, the ones that go RING-ding-ding-ding-ding!

I'm out in the desert, and on the bike I wave at everyone on a bike, and most cars coming the other way. In the Corvette, I wave at anyone coming the other way in a cool car, Corvette or not. I stopped giving them the thumbs up, because it looked like I was flipping them off.

Why not be friendly, unless you're insecure with "issues?"

8. Hull 697

Hull 697 New Member

I went to the grocery store today. I smiled and nodded at EVERYONE.

At a casual count, one in three flinches, the other two will either look away or smile back, usually nervously. A few really change, they just brighten up, happy to be acknowledged as a fellow human being.

Don't know what that says about society in general, or bikers in particular. Will leave that to all you sociologists.

I even wave at Corvettes, although they are certainly a lower form of automobile. :D

9. JSWin

JSWin Member

They could have been in a daze. Probably just out of it. I wouldn't take it personally.