So, what IS your recumbent used for?

On 9 Jun 2003 14:50:46 -0700, [email protected] (azqaz) wrote:

>The ride is fun, but work still sucks. :)

Amen to that.

Guy
===
dynamic DNS permitting)
work. Apologies.

Originally posted by Just Zis Guy

What do you do with your 'bent? Everyday bike? Weekend bike? Leisure rides?

I bought my EZ Sport mostly for a commuter, and use it for occasional family rides (my wife on her beach cruiser and me towing our daughter in the Wike). I'm hoping to get to the point where I can do charity rides, and my goals for next year are the Solvang Half-Century (march, i think) and the Tour de Cure (may?).

I think my wife may have been bitten by the 'bent bug, so our family rides might get more frequent once I scrape up the cash to get her a 'bent of her own! She was talking about taking a trip down to anaheim (~2.5h without traffic) to visit people movers when my folks come to visit (hard to test-ride with a 2-year old in tow) -- with any luck a tandem 'bent might even be in our future. IMHO that will be the ultimate recreational vehicle... hard to beat enjoying a leisurely afternoon on a bike with your wife and daughter!

> Just Zis Guy wrote:
>> What do you do with your 'bent? Everyday bike? Weekend bike? Leisure rides?

I took the front tire off and the fork made an excellent garden plow this spring. We've found
that the seat is a good height for someone to get a haircut on, plus that rearview mirror gives
them a chance to check out the cut, and the water bottle cage holds a glass of laced ice tea for
them to sip on, while the blow-drier does its work. Hard to get the hair bits out of the Koolback
mesh, though.

The largest crank gear has done a wonderful job of decorating my plastic back bumper with linear
perforations as I lift and roll it into the minivan. The Incredibell provokes a riot of entertaining
barking from those yappy dogs next door.

I also use it for riding around on.

C.C.

Gary, What is air painting? thanks, bill g

Gary Mc wrote:

> Recreational rides, errands and **plein air painting**.

-) bg

Just zis Guy, you know? <[email protected]> wrote:

: What do you do with your 'bent? Everyday bike? Weekend bike? Leisure rides?

Never had a bent, though I've rented or loaned a bent thrice. About the same story with cars :)

I'm planning to bent for every purpose: commuting, training, daytrips, racing and even some touring.
My upright will make a very nice secondary bike for times when I can't ride my bent(s), and also
when there is a risk of bike theft, or when I need to navigate congested areas with traffic and
pedestrians, or for short runs to grocery store or for social occasions like picnics and meets...
all kinds of non-serious riding, but ofcoz I could use a bent for those just for the style and extra
attention :)

Spud,

Plein air painting is an expression for painting outdoors. I did it for some years before knowing
the name. The stable platform of a trike is a good seat for most anything like painting or reading
the comics. And, I have a large tailbox for carrying my gear as well as running errands.

ftp://www.ihpva.org/incoming/GS%20tailbox.jpg

Gary McCarty, Greenspeed GTO, Salt Lake City

spud <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Gary, What is air painting? thanks, bill g
>
> Gary Mc wrote:
> >
> > Recreational rides, errands and **plein air painting**.

Gary, Thanks for def. I was thinking it was something you were doing to the air when using a spray
gun. But I just webstered it and see it's french. bill g

Gary Mc wrote:

> Spud,
>
> Plein air painting is an expression for painting outdoors. I did it for some years before knowing
> the name. The stable platform of a trike is a good seat for most anything like painting or reading
> the comics. And, I have a large tailbox for carrying my gear as well as running errands.
>
> ftp://www.ihpva.org/incoming/GS%20tailbox.jpg
>
> Gary McCarty, Greenspeed GTO, Salt Lake City
>
> spud <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> > Gary, What is air painting? thanks, bill g
> >
> > Gary Mc wrote:
> > >
> > > Recreational rides, errands and **plein air painting**.

Commuting to work every day, rain or shine. (7 miles) StreetMachine GT Solid, smooth, and
very ORANGE!

Mark V

Jay <[email protected]> wrote in message

> - pick up lumber three times a week
> - deliver displays
> - pick up large quantities of paperwork (up to 2800 papers in two panniers)
> - get groceries
> - hauling almost anything
> - carrying other bikes
>
> Jay <-- bent chick (having a great day almost everyday)

Does anyone else feel like a slacker now? I need to move to the same town as you Jay so when I
(break down/run out of energy) you can take my groceries home for me. I think my 'lumber' limit
might be (1) 2x4 and a short one at that. Russell