So, what IS your recumbent used for?

Status
Not open for further replies.
On 9 Jun 2003 14:50:46 -0700, [email protected] (azqaz) wrote:

>The ride is fun, but work still sucks. :)

Amen to that.

Guy
===
** WARNING ** This posting may contain traces of irony. http://www.chapmancentral.com (BT ADSL and
dynamic DNS permitting)
NOTE: BT Openworld have now blocked port 25 (without notice), so old mail addresses may no longer
work. Apologies.

Originally posted by Just Zis Guy

What do you do with your 'bent? Everyday bike? Weekend bike? Leisure rides?

I bought my EZ Sport mostly for a commuter, and use it for occasional family rides (my wife on her beach cruiser and me towing our daughter in the Wike). I'm hoping to get to the point where I can do charity rides, and my goals for next year are the Solvang Half-Century (march, i think) and the Tour de Cure (may?).

I think my wife may have been bitten by the 'bent bug, so our family rides might get more frequent once I scrape up the cash to get her a 'bent of her own! She was talking about taking a trip down to anaheim (~2.5h without traffic) to visit people movers when my folks come to visit (hard to test-ride with a 2-year old in tow) -- with any luck a tandem 'bent might even be in our future. IMHO that will be the ultimate recreational vehicle... hard to beat enjoying a leisurely afternoon on a bike with your wife and daughter!

> Just Zis Guy wrote:
>> What do you do with your 'bent? Everyday bike? Weekend bike? Leisure rides?

I took the front tire off and the fork made an excellent garden plow this spring. We've found
that the seat is a good height for someone to get a haircut on, plus that rearview mirror gives
them a chance to check out the cut, and the water bottle cage holds a glass of laced ice tea for
them to sip on, while the blow-drier does its work. Hard to get the hair bits out of the Koolback
mesh, though.

The largest crank gear has done a wonderful job of decorating my plastic back bumper with linear
perforations as I lift and roll it into the minivan. The Incredibell provokes a riot of entertaining
barking from those yappy dogs next door.

I also use it for riding around on.

C.C.

Gary, What is air painting? thanks, bill g

Gary Mc wrote:
>
> Recreational rides, errands and **plein air painting**.

-) bg

Carol Cohen wrote:

> I took the front tire off and the fork made an excellent garden plow this spring. We've found
> that the seat is a good height for someone to get a haircut on, plus that rearview mirror gives
> them a chance to check out the cut, and the water bottle cage holds a glass of laced ice tea for
> them to sip on, while the blow-drier does its work. Hard to get the hair bits out of the Koolback
> mesh, though.
>
> The largest crank gear has done a wonderful job of decorating my plastic back bumper with linear
> perforations as I lift and roll it into the minivan. The Incredibell provokes a riot of
> entertaining barking from those yappy dogs next door.
>
> I also use it for riding around on.
>
> C.C.

Just zis Guy, you know? <[email protected]> wrote:

: What do you do with your 'bent? Everyday bike? Weekend bike? Leisure rides?

Never had a bent, though I've rented or loaned a bent thrice. About the same story with cars :)

I'm planning to bent for every purpose: commuting, training, daytrips, racing and even some touring.
My upright will make a very nice secondary bike for times when I can't ride my bent(s), and also
when there is a risk of bike theft, or when I need to navigate congested areas with traffic and
pedestrians, or for short runs to grocery store or for social occasions like picnics and meets...
all kinds of non-serious riding, but ofcoz I could use a bent for those just for the style and extra
attention :)

--
Risto Varanka | http://www.helsinki.fi/~rvaranka/hpv/hpv.html varis at no spam please iki fi

Spud,

Plein air painting is an expression for painting outdoors. I did it for some years before knowing
the name. The stable platform of a trike is a good seat for most anything like painting or reading
the comics. And, I have a large tailbox for carrying my gear as well as running errands.

ftp://www.ihpva.org/incoming/GS%20tailbox.jpg

Gary McCarty, Greenspeed GTO, Salt Lake City

spud <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Gary, What is air painting? thanks, bill g
>
> Gary Mc wrote:
> >
> > Recreational rides, errands and **plein air painting**.

Gary, Thanks for def. I was thinking it was something you were doing to the air when using a spray
gun. But I just webstered it and see it's french. bill g

Gary Mc wrote:

> Spud,
>
> Plein air painting is an expression for painting outdoors. I did it for some years before knowing
> the name. The stable platform of a trike is a good seat for most anything like painting or reading
> the comics. And, I have a large tailbox for carrying my gear as well as running errands.
>
> ftp://www.ihpva.org/incoming/GS%20tailbox.jpg
>
> Gary McCarty, Greenspeed GTO, Salt Lake City
>
> spud <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> > Gary, What is air painting? thanks, bill g
> >
> > Gary Mc wrote:
> > >
> > > Recreational rides, errands and **plein air painting**.

Commuting to work every day, rain or shine. (7 miles) StreetMachine GT Solid, smooth, and
very ORANGE!

Mark V

Jay <[email protected]> wrote in message
>
> - pick up lumber three times a week
> - deliver displays
> - pick up large quantities of paperwork (up to 2800 papers in two panniers)
> - get groceries
> - hauling almost anything
> - carrying other bikes
>
> Jay <-- bent chick (having a great day almost everyday)

Does anyone else feel like a slacker now? I need to move to the same town as you Jay so when I
(break down/run out of energy) you can take my groceries home for me. I think my 'lumber' limit
might be (1) 2x4 and a short one at that. Russell

Status
Not open for further replies.