So, whats the scoop on Rolf Wheels?

cucamelsmd15

Apr 6, 2005
Ive seen the Vector Pro's going on Fleabay for 300-400ish, which is about my budget. My only concern is that they are 14f/16b spoke, and I worry about folding them at my weight, which is around 185. Anyone have any experience with these?

cucamelsmd15 said:
Ive seen the Vector Pro's going on Fleabay for 300-400ish, which is about my budget. My only concern is that they are 14f/16b spoke, and I worry about folding them at my weight, which is around 185. Anyone have any experience with these?
Used ones aren't worth that much,but your weight won't kill em.

cucamelsmd15 said:

I ride Rolf Vigors (same 14/16 spoke count) at 190 lbs. No problems. Super light, super stiff wheel.

reading up on roadbikereview some showed that people have problems with the rear hub cracking? Anyone else seen this?

cucamelsmd15 said:

Dude...Bontrager Race Lites are as good or better than those Rolf Vectors...and they will handle your weight without complaint. Race Lites can be had brand new for the price you are quoting on those Vectors. Plus the Vectors have been phased out. I have Race Lites and they are bullet proof!

If you do get used Rolf Vectors, make sure they arent' anodized because the anodization causes micro cracks which can lead to the whole hub cracking in half.

I just won a nice pair of SILVER, Unanodized Vector Pro's off Ebay. Can't wait to use them.