So...where Did You Go Biking This Week?

Not bad! 40 mile bike ride must have been tiring for you?my last bike ride was only 12 miles to a friend house. Felt proud biking rather than driving. Save money on gas and stay fit, it a win win!

Yesterday was about 100 degrees, or close too it. In order to force my body to get aclimated to the heat faster, I took the long route to run a quick errand and went up a pretty good incline as fast as I could handle it. When I got to the store I decided since I wasn't feeling sick or spacy, I would finish the hill after the errand. I got home pretty soaked with sweat, but it was totally worth it. I could tell today in ballet class that I am much more aclimated than I was last week. I think I biked a total of 3 1/2 miles on that trip, though the last part was all downhill.

I did a short tour trip to Chain of Lakes which is only 34 miles, I got there on Friday night and set up the tent, then on Saturday rode the bike without the camping gear just fishing gear to out of camp to Kendallville (lots of rolling hills through here) then over to Rome City to a lake just West of that area to fish a bit, then back a different route that took me through Albion back to camp. A total of 51 miles but there was that fishing stop that took about 3 hours, caught some Bluegill but released them since I didn't want to be carrying fish on a bike! I was hoping to catch a Walleye or a Pike but no such luck. Used my fly gear because it's the most portable (the rod breaks down into 5 sections, the fly box holds a lot of flies but is small, fly fishing gear is great for bike camping), but nothing was hitting on streamers so switched to small cahill fly and ended up catching 5 of those Bluegills. I have to go back to that Jones Lake in my car sometime and spend the day trying to catch Walleye and Northern Pike.

I have to find some kind of internally waterproof lined small backpack or messenger style bag that can carry 3 or 4 or so smaller fish or 1 large fish, and be able to pack up into a pannier, so I can bring fish back to the camp if I'm fishing a ways from the camp on my bike. Any ideas from you guys would be great. Nothing large because I have to be able to store it in a pannier and not take up the entire pannier.

Reactions: concord
I rode to the bike trail in my local park, and explored that trail for a while with a friend. We rode about 30 miles that day, and it was great!

Hadn't been om my bike for over three months! (winter) So today I rode 31 miles and let me tell you my legs were killing by the time I got back to my starting point. All in all it was a good ride.

Froze said:
I did a short tour trip to Chain of Lakes which is only 34 miles, I got there on Friday night and set up the tent, then on Saturday rode the bike without the camping gear just fishing gear to out of camp to Kendallville (lots of rolling hills through here) then over to Rome City to a lake just West of that area to fish a bit, then back a different route that took me through Albion back to camp. A total of 51 miles but there was that fishing stop that took about 3 hours, caught some Bluegill but released them since I didn't want to be carrying fish on a bike! I was hoping to catch a Walleye or a Pike but no such luck. Used my fly gear because it's the most portable (the rod breaks down into 5 sections, the fly box holds a lot of flies but is small, fly fishing gear is great for bike camping), but nothing was hitting on streamers so switched to small cahill fly and ended up catching 5 of those Bluegills. I have to go back to that Jones Lake in my car sometime and spend the day trying to catch Walleye and Northern Pike.

I have to find some kind of internally waterproof lined small backpack or messenger style bag that can carry 3 or 4 or so smaller fish or 1 large fish, and be able to pack up into a pannier, so I can bring fish back to the camp if I'm fishing a ways from the camp on my bike. Any ideas from you guys would be great. Nothing large because I have to be able to store it in a pannier and not take up the entire pannier.
Sounds like fun. I'm in Arizona so I can only dream of such an adventure. Oh I can't help you by the way. :lol:

concord said:
Sounds like fun. I'm in Arizona so I can only dream of such an adventure. Oh I can't help you by the way. :lol:
Fun that is until late fall, winter, and early spring is happening then I can't ride because I hate riding in the cold, and I hate riding trainers so I'm doubly screwed! Arizona sounds more fun...at least in my bad months here, I don't think after living in the Mojave Desert area of California that I would want to ride a bike in the summer there, plus I would have to deal with goat heads again which I really don't care to do. But you have a lot of beautiful country there, get out and explore it. There is this site if you're not already familiar with it see: http://www.arizonabikerides.com/rides/

Besides you have some great fishing and camping lakes there, I've been to a couple, like Mead Lake and Lake Pleasant, but there are others too that are pretty nice I hear that are in Arizona.

Bah I only rode to work this week that was it!
Had big plans to hit the local jumps but it got rained out.
Been avoiding the trails cause the ticks are awful this year, only went out once and brought home 4 of the little buggers.