So who heard HarryB on the radio today? (melb)

flyingdutch

New Member
Feb 8, 2004
5,700
774AM. approx 6:20am

Discussing results of recent study of lights-usage at twilight/dark (last week)

you WERE awake, right?

F"wearing lights to warn off low-flying aircraft"Dutch

On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 at 05:59 GMT, flyingdutch (aka Bruce)

> 774AM. approx 6:20am
>
> Discussing results of recent study of lights-usage at twilight/dark
> (last week)
>
> you WERE awake, right?

Close to! I actually got up at 7:30 this morning. I got into work
about 2 hours earlier than usual, and people looked at me funnily.

So what'd 'e say?

They skip the teaching of "8" and "G" in the public schools as part of
the "No Child Leaves Behinded" program. Too spendy.
-- Whosetitanelbow in ARK

flyingdutch said:
774AM. approx 6:20am

Discussing results of recent study of lights-usage at twilight/dark (last week)

you WERE awake, right?

F"wearing lights to warn off low-flying aircraft"Dutch

Nope, catching up with my beauty sleep. :rolleyes:

Refer to related articles here:

Cyclists light on safety and law
http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=47274

Cyclists riding for a fine
http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5478,12704592%255E2862,00.html

Hmm... is this why SHM was full of people buying bike lights today? I felt like a right lemming going in there for a backup LED light... But at least that allowed me to listen in on their advice and pick meself up a nice S-Sun 5 LED blinky to deal with the encroaching darkness.

The articles look a bit 'naughty cyclists' to me with no reference to encouraging drivers to be more aware - Pity...

eddiec said:
Hmm... is this why SHM was full of people buying bike lights today? I felt like a right lemming going in there for a backup LED light... But at least that allowed me to listen in on their advice and pick meself up a nice S-Sun 5 LED blinky to deal with the encroaching darkness.

The articles look a bit 'naughty cyclists' to me with no reference to encouraging drivers to be more aware - Pity...

yeah, but BV's angle is to get the part of the market (ie cyclists. duhh) to do their part. Too easily to alienate further (if that's humanly possible!) for BV to 'whine' on air about driver's responsibilities. another thread that's usually covered by bart sbegen on his regualr spot in the evenings 'fighting the good fight'.

the just was with daylight savings leaving us, lights are obviously a consideration

I too headed off for a light today as some ***** stole myrear red light when i left my backpack hanging on a tree at Kew Loop when doing 'pain' with carl

F"more pain tonight. 53x12 tonight!"Dutch

flyingdutch wrote:
> F"more pain tonight. 53x12 tonight!"Dutch

Comin' to the 'drome after for some E3? :)

hippy
"You know you smeggin' want to!"

On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 17:03:58 +1000, flyingdutch
<[email protected]> wrote:

>I too headed off for a light today as some ***** stole myrear red light
>when i left my backpack hanging on a tree at Kew Loop when doing 'pain'
>with carl

Bugger.

>F"more pain tonight. 53x12 tonight!"Dutch

Only on the way down .. with the northerly, see if you can crack
63km/h at the dip. "wind assisted, your honour"

Carl Brewer said:
>F"more pain tonight. 53x12 tonight!"Dutch[/color]

Only on the way down .. with the northerly, see if you can crack
63km/h at the dip. "wind assisted, your honour"

but of course :rolleyes:

wind? oh yeah. the vegie curry for lunch was grand. 61.9km/h. boooooo...

what is it with me n '.9' s? every topspeed i record seems to end in .9

perhaps my speedo was a coles-price-determinor in a previous life :rolleyes:

F"top-BR-of-91.9kph"Dutch