So who's going to win Le Tour?

Discussion in 'Professional Cycling' started by Eldrack, Jun 22, 2010.

1. alienator

alienator Well-Known Member

Roadhouse will never pay up. His word is worth as much as the electrons on which his word is being transmitted, that is to say, worth nothing.

2. roadhouse

roadhouse New Member

i'll respond to your sh!t fer brains heat seeking pms attention needing sourpuss in boots entity of a chump self this once, when i lost a bet to Will Black concerning Lance at his first leadville return race in which he came in second , myself betting that Lance would win then but him coming in second, i paid him his $100.

i'll pay if i lose, no worries there...obviously.

and it's none of your business anyhow, phucktard.

3. alienator

alienator Well-Known Member

Wow. What intelligence and integrity.

Will Black? Someone you dated? Your connection? Make believe friend? Can he write intelligible sentences, and if so, can he teach you?

4. Andrija

Andrija Member

Go make Will Black account.
    Quick!
    It sounds better than roadhouse.

5. gman0482

gman0482 Member

LOL!

Yea..... I am 100% completely confident that in this virtual-anonymous internet, a bet will be honored on just words. In fact, I'm so sure of it, that I am willing to bet $10,000 right now. Let's go!
    I'll just delete my screen name and make up a new one when I loose. It's easy to make up multiple new screen names, right Roadhouse ? ;)

6. Andrija

Andrija Member

It looks like latest development in Saxo won't have influence on their Tour performance.
    Riis Admits That Schlecks Will Join New Luxembourg Team | Cyclingnews.com

7. roadhouse

roadhouse New Member

never mind Andrija, i'm just not interested in speaking to you let alone place a wager with you any longer. goodbye.

8. gman0482

gman0482 Member

Nice Post.
    That should be interesting. I wonder who else will join, and who the main sponsor will be. Will Saxo Bank still exist in 2011 ?

Did Liquigas name their squad yet ?? I wonder if Sagan is in.

9. Andrija

Andrija Member

I'm sure you'll make a comeback Will.
    Where there's a will, there's a way.

10. Andrija

Andrija Member

If Riis finds sponsor he'll continue (the team won't wear Saxo tag), but I don't know what riders are willing to wait him. Budget could be problem in keeping riders.

Liquigas hasn't named their squad, yet. It looks like they're waiting Pellizotti decision. Sagan isn't planed for the Tour. Neither Nibali will ride.

11. gman0482

gman0482 Member

That's too bad. I know Sagan got burnt out, but it would've been exciting watching him race. Nibali had a great Giro, even with that rainy dirt road. He would make a good support for Basso.

12. Andrija

Andrija Member

Liquigas is interesting team. They obviously have some doubts regarding Tour squad. Maybe, at the end, we could see Nibali. More likely if Pellizotti's status stays as it is at the moment. Sagan is less likely. He wasn't in combination since the beginning of the season.
    Giro was grueling and all riders have ridden strong, so the question is who's fresh for another three weeks of racing in just two months.

13. Tortoisedrafter

Tortoisedrafter New Member

Hi All,
    Can someone explain in plain English how the Points jersey, the Sprinter's jersey and the KOM jerseys work? I understand how the winner of a sprint stage gets points towards the green jersey, but how do the intermediate sprints work, if, for instance, Cavendish is not in a breakaway? Wouldn't the breakaway riders always get the points for first across the line for the intermediate sprints/KOM climbs etc?
    Someone explain to a stage race-watching novice!:confused:

14. Andrija

Andrija Member

Order of crossing the competition's line is what only matters.
    Plain enough?

15. jhuskey

jhuskey Moderator

I asked a couple of people by e-mail on their thoughts about this years tour.
    No one is overly impressed with the Schlecks thus far and I stress the word overly.
    T. Steinhauser agrees with me that Basso has strong enough team to get a podium spot.
    Jan thinks Armstrong can win through use of superior tactics and better team another friend of mine agrees that Contador can be strong enough to win by himself without a lot of team support.

16. Andrija

Andrija Member

Liquigas selected their Tour squad. Only Basso and Szmyd are from their Giro team.
    After the Giro, Nibali's absence from the Tour and Kreuziger's form so far, Basso should have clear leadership with Kreuziger trying to replay Nibali's role from the Giro.

Devolder wasn't selected for the Tour. Not even after Boonen's withdrawal and national title.

Tour de France

17. gman0482

gman0482 Member

Vandevelde questionable for Garmin ?

And Greipel absent for HTC, so he won't put Cav in a bad spot ?

18. roadhouse

roadhouse New Member

Jan Ullrich? He's a friend of yours that you keep in touch with? pretty damn cool..and i agree, superior team outside of Liquigas which i felt were very together throughout the Giro but don't be blindsided by team tactics alone this Tour, I have a feeling Big Lance will do a lot of his own work as will Contador. This time it's for real.

19. Andrija

Andrija Member

Not at all.
    He's leader in Garmin's Tour squad.

I think that even Greipel isn't surprised with the decision.

20. steve

steve Administrator
    Staff Member

It will have been the plan since the start of the year.