So who's the fastest/strongest rider here?

JoelTGM

Oct 21, 2010
Just out of curiosity and for fun, who on these forums is the fastest and strongest rider? anyone know? any pros, or super dedicated club cyclists?

You can place me on the top of the list..................the does not apply to me list , that is.

Originally Posted by JoelTGM .

Just out of curiosity and for fun, who on these forums is the fastest and strongest rider? anyone know? any pros, or super dedicated club cyclists?

I know of a few current and ex pros who have accounts /img/vbsmilies/smilies/smile.gif One currently rides for Omega Pharma-Lotto, another rode for Rabobank for 3 or 4 years. Either of them could be candidates for the strongest rider behind jhuskey /img/vbsmilies/smilies/biggrin.gif

The last time that I rode 15 miles, actually 14.82 miles, it took 42 minutes on Thursday, July 8, 2010 on a ride that started at 6:27 AM. The morning was bright with no overcast, and there was no wind to speak of(copied from my cycling journal. If you don't keep one, you really should start). This was done on a rail trail on a week day early morning far from any urban or suburban areas so I only encountered two other riders I'm 51 years old and I am not the fastest or strongest rider on this forum. But I do try to keep myself in good physical condition and still ride intervals twice a week weather permitting.

15 miles is not much of a ride for many of the riders here. My typical rides are 30+ miles and the speed does drop off a little, to around 18 mph average to conserve energy. I do take almpst weekly rides with my lady friend and those rides usually average 12 mph but they are much more fun. Unfortunately now that it is winter here with a good bit of snow, all of my riding lately has been on my basement trainer or at a health club on a video trainer.

If you want to increase your distance, ride longer distances. If you want to ride fast, do some interval training.

In reality "fastest strongest" is a very relative term and would require a large amout of detailed parameter to define what is meant by strongest or fastest. Sprint? Climb? Distance? How long a sprint? How long a climb? How steep a climb? How long a ride?
Don't get me started on technique, strategy and tactics and who might be the smartest rider.

The group is separating which makes it insanely more difficult to draft. coming thought the final turn, I stood up and laid in the acceleration, sprinting. One guy next to me was doing the same, and he was just a hair faster than I, but he couldn't hold it for the duration and I edged out in front. I passed two other riders who had were not sprinting. It doesn't really mean anything since I am no where near the top 20 among this 105 riders present. Yeah, there was quite the turnout for the first race of the season. End result, I am happy with my performance today. And as I said earlier, I still have all my skin.

I drove my mountain bike off the quarry ledge, down about a 20% grade and off the cliff, 25 feet to the water below - swear I hit about 70+mph before colliding with the water. I was FLYIN!

Originally Posted by MichaelVahlsing .

I drove my mountain bike off the quarry ledge, down about a 20% grade and off the cliff, 25 feet to the water below - swear I hit about 70+mph before colliding with the water. I was FLYIN!

drove your mountain bike? /img/vbsmilies/smilies/smile.gif

Originally Posted by MichaelVahlsing .

Sure wasn't pedaling it - so more of a coast? The flew it! Then swam it back to the bank...did it all! LOL

Sounds awesome! Next time you do this, please wear a helmet cam /img/vbsmilies/smilies/cool.gif

benched pressed 385lbs, squatted 445, and power cleaned 315 back in the day.../img/vbsmilies/smilies/wink.gif