So wot's going on then?!!

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by wafflycat, Mar 21, 2006.

  1. wafflycat

    wafflycat Guest

    As said by The Apprentice this very evening, as on his return from place of
    education he sits in front on the idiot box watching the CG time trial I
    stayed up into the wee hours to make sure I got on video for him.

    He gets home form college & parks himself in front of idiot box whilst he
    devours a large plate of pasta whilst watching the TT. The Apprentice is
    CSC's number one fan in the universe, and is desperate for a red Bell Meteor
    II lid (size medium). Indeed one is on order from Wiggle, but delivery keeps
    being put back... and enquiries to other retailers reveal none in stock in
    the UK as far as we can tell.

    yet there, on screen, A Several of cyclists from African nations all in said
    lids... in red.

    Note face resembling :-( on offspring and comment of "So wot's going on
    then? How come my helmet can be got in Namibia but not in the UK!"

    He's not a happy bunny....

    Cheers, helen s

    --

    ~~
    you may need to remove dependence

    Tags:

  2. David Martin

    David Martin Guest

    wafflycat wrote:
    > As said by The Apprentice this very evening, as on his return from place of
    > education he sits in front on the idiot box watching the CG time trial I
    > stayed up into the wee hours to make sure I got on video for him.
    >
    > He gets home form college & parks himself in front of idiot box whilst he
    > devours a large plate of pasta whilst watching the TT. The Apprentice is
    > CSC's number one fan in the universe, and is desperate for a red Bell Meteor
    > II lid (size medium). Indeed one is on order from Wiggle, but delivery keeps
    > being put back... and enquiries to other retailers reveal none in stock in
    > the UK as far as we can tell.
    >
    > yet there, on screen, A Several of cyclists from African nations all in said
    > lids... in red.
    >
    > Note face resembling :-( on offspring and comment of "So wot's going on
    > then? How come my helmet can be got in Namibia but not in the UK!"

    Because Namibia brew one of Southern Africas best beers? Because
    putting said helmets on people on telly is better publicity-wise than
    not doing so and putting them on Nathan?

    > He's not a happy bunny....

    Oh the trials of life...

    ...d

  3. wafflycat wrote:

    > He's not a happy bunny....

    Perhaps you could get him a blue one?

  4. wafflycat

    wafflycat Guest

    "Simon Bennett" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]
    > wafflycat wrote:
    >
    >> He's not a happy bunny....

    > Perhaps you could get him a blue one?

    Oh no.... CSC do not wear blue ones!

    Cheers, helen s ;-)

  5. Clive George

    Clive George Guest

    "wafflycat" <w*a*ff£y£cat*@£btco*nn£ect.com> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > "Simon Bennett" <[email protected]> wrote in
    > message news:[email protected]
    >> wafflycat wrote:
    >>
    >>> He's not a happy bunny....

    >> Perhaps you could get him a blue one?
    >>

    > Oh no.... CSC do not wear blue ones!

    Yes, but Dulux do red paint.

    cheers,
    clive

  6. wafflycat wrote:
    > "Simon Bennett" <[email protected]> wrote
    > in message news:[email protected]
    >> wafflycat wrote:
    >>
    >>> He's not a happy bunny....

    >> Perhaps you could get him a blue one?
    >>

    > Oh no.... CSC do not wear blue ones!

    Well, if he rides for CSC, why can't he get Bjarne on the case?

  7. wafflycat

    wafflycat Guest

    "Simon Bennett" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]
    > wafflycat wrote:
    >> "Simon Bennett" <[email protected]> wrote
    >> in message news:[email protected]

    >>> Perhaps you could get him a blue one?
    >>>

    >> Oh no.... CSC do not wear blue ones!

    > Well, if he rides for CSC, why can't he get Bjarne on the case?

    If he were riding for CSC... If he got the call from Bjarne, I'd never see
    him again!

    Cheers, helen s

  8. wafflycat

    wafflycat Guest

    Seems Wiggle have had an earlier than anticipated delivery of said lids...
    just had the confirmation email one is winging its way to Chateau Unfit
    Family. That'll please the offspring!

    Cheers, helen s