So young, so style conscious

Graham Glen

Guest
This evening my son (7) invited me to his class assembly on Friday morning.

"That sounds good", I said, "Can I wear my tights to go straight to work afterwards?"

"No daddy" he said, crestfallen. Then a pause "But you could wear jeans over the top"

Oh dear.
--
Graham Glen

Graham Glen wrote:
> This evening my son (7) invited me to his class assembly on Friday morning.
>
> "That sounds good", I said, "Can I wear my tights to go straight to work afterwards?"
>
> "No daddy" he said, crestfallen. Then a pause "But you could wear jeans over the top"
>
> Oh dear.

I currently drop my daughters off at school on my drive to work and have been thinking of riding
into work come spring. I was told very strictly that I was not to wear visable cycling kit in the
school yard.

--
Andy Morris

AndyAtJinkasDotFreeserve.Co.UK

"AndyMorris" <[email protected]> wrote in news:[email protected]:
> I currently drop my daughters off at school on my drive to work and have been thinking of riding
> into work come spring. I was told very strictly that I was not to wear visable cycling kit in the
> school yard.

My daughter is only 19 months, so is delighted by anything brightly coloured - cycling kit included.

When she's older I'm sure she wil be mortified at much of what I wear and
do. But surely this is an essential part of fatherhood?

Wear that kit with pride!

Toby

[email protected] (wafflycathcsdirtycatlitter) wrote in
news:[email protected]:
>>When she's older I'm sure she wil be mortified at much of what I wear and do. But surely this is
>>an essential part of fatherhood?
>>
>>Wear that kit with pride!
>>

> Absolutely! It is part of the job description of a parent to embarrass older offspring!

Perhaps the original poster should strike a bargain: Let me wear my cycling kit, or I'll come and
dance at the end of term disco!

Toby

wafflycathcsdirtycatlitter wrote:

> Absolutely! It is part of the job description of a parent to embarrass older offspring!

My old shooting instructor went to his son's passing-out parade at the Royal Signals training
school. He was striding along purposefully in his best off-duty soldier impression (he was
ex-forces) when a Warrant Officer appeared from behind a lamp-post[1] and said "Parents this
way, sir."

On being asked how he'd been clocked for a parent, the WO replied "British Standard Parent, sir -
Marks & Spencer trousers, shirt and cardigan."

I now make very sure to buy my clothes from John Lewis :)

[1] All NCOs can hide behind any object with any dimension exceeding 3"

--
Guy
===

TB> "AndyMorris" <[email protected]> wrote in news:[email protected]:
>> I currently drop my daughters off at school on my drive to work and have been thinking of riding
>> into work come spring. I was told very strictly that I was not to wear visable cycling kit in
>> the school yard.

TB> My daughter is only 19 months, so is delighted by anything brightly coloured - cycling kit
TB> included.

TB> When she's older I'm sure she wil be mortified at much of what I wear and do. But surely this
TB> is an essential part of fatherhood?

TB> Wear that kit with pride!

Some of my kids' friends find my lycra-clad legs to be a great source of amusement. Probably so do
other people, but kids have no qualms about expressing their opinions :)

"Toby Barrett" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> [email protected] (wafflycathcsdirtycatlitter) wrote in
> news:[email protected]:
> >>When she's older I'm sure she wil be mortified at much of what I wear and do. But surely this is
> >>an essential part of fatherhood?
> >>
> >>Wear that kit with pride!
> >>

> > Absolutely! It is part of the job description of a parent to embarrass older offspring!
>
> Perhaps the original poster should strike a bargain: Let me wear my
cycling
> kit, or I'll come and dance at the end of term disco!

I got in from a training ride on Sunday and one of my 7 year old sons friends was round - he took a
good look at my tights, micro fleece and windproof gillet and siad "have you been diving?"

It's all quite 'figure hugging' and has the look of a wetsuit.

Russ

> [1] All NCOs can hide behind any object with any dimension exceeding
3"

NCO Instructor at Sandhurst to his charges:

"Now, as you are all Officer Cadets, I wil call you Sir or Ma'am. You will ALSO call ME Sir. The
difference is, YOU will mean it." :)

--
MatSav

A former Officer Cadet writes: been there, done that :)

--
Guy
===