sobering reading

Monique Y. Mudama

Guest
On 2004-04-30, TM penned:

> "Pete Jones" <[email protected]ernet.com> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
>> 924 KB pdf file you should read - http://www.arburach.co.uk/Bones.pdf
>>

> #8 Mountain Bike More.
>
> Finally some medical advice that makes sense!

Unfortunately, the article said that while roadies have worse bones than
mtn bikers, mtn bikers still have worse bones than the average sample of
the population.

I'm thinking, no matter what my exercise routine, that it can't hurt to
start taking some calcium supplements ...

--
monique

Pete Jones

Guest
On Fri, 30 Apr 2004 17:37:23 GMT, "TM" <[email protected]> blathered:

>> 924 KB pdf file you should read -
>> http://www.arburach.co.uk/Bones.pdf
>>

>#8 Mountain Bike More.
>
>Finally some medical advice that makes sense!

Although, when you also consider the benefit of impact training and
Point #7: 'stand up more often on the bike', you can see that there
might be some logic to riding a rigid singlespeed after all.

Just leave it, Bill.

Pete

Shawn Curry

Guest
Monique Y. Mudama wrote:
> On 2004-04-30, TM penned:
>
>>"Pete Jones" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>news:[email protected]
>>
>>>924 KB pdf file you should read - http://www.arburach.co.uk/Bones.pdf
>>>

>>#8 Mountain Bike More.
>>
>>Finally some medical advice that makes sense!

> Unfortunately, the article said that while roadies have worse bones than
> mtn bikers, mtn bikers still have worse bones than the average sample of
> the population.
>
> I'm thinking, no matter what my exercise routine, that it can't hurt to
> start taking some calcium supplements ...

Yup. Double skinny latte at Bong Billy's :)

Shawn Curry

Guest
Shawn Curry wrote:

> Monique Y. Mudama wrote:
>
>> On 2004-04-30, TM penned:
>>
>>> "Pete Jones" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>> news:[email protected]

>>> #8 Mountain Bike More.
>>>
>>> Finally some medical advice that makes sense!

>> Unfortunately, the article said that while roadies have worse bones than
>> mtn bikers, mtn bikers still have worse bones than the average sample of
>> the population.
>>
>> I'm thinking, no matter what my exercise routine, that it can't hurt to
>> start taking some calcium supplements ...
>>

> Yup. Double skinny latte at Bong Billy's :)

Um, I mean Bongo Billy's. Haven't been to Bong Billy's in a lotta years :p

Monique Y. Mudama

Guest
On 2004-05-01, Shawn Curry penned:
> Shawn Curry wrote:
>
>>> I'm thinking, no matter what my exercise routine, that it can't hurt
>>> to start taking some calcium supplements ...
>>>

>> Yup. Double skinny latte at Bong Billy's :)

> Um, I mean Bongo Billy's. Haven't been to Bong Billy's in a lotta
> years :p

Suuuuure.

--
monique