SoCal Makeshift Mask

Bill Sornson

Guest
My "E-3" saddle came in a thin, paper-cloth bag. So I cut holes in the
corners and tied an elastic cord to each one. Voila: a mask to keep the
smoke and grit out of my lungs. (I soak it in cold water every half hour or
so.)

Bill "dyslexic packrats untie" S.

On Wed, 24 Oct 2007 01:35:21 -0700, Bill Sornson <[email protected]> wrote:

> My "E-3" saddle came in a thin, paper-cloth bag. So I cut holes in the
> corners and tied an elastic cord to each one. Voila: a mask to keep the
> smoke and grit out of my lungs. (I soak it in cold water every half
> hour or
> so.)
>
> Bill "dyslexic packrats untie" S.

Did they evacuate you?
--
Slack

?Slack wrote:
> On Wed, 24 Oct 2007 01:35:21 -0700, Bill Sornson <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> My "E-3" saddle came in a thin, paper-cloth bag. So I cut holes in
>> the corners and tied an elastic cord to each one. Voila: a mask to
>> keep the smoke and grit out of my lungs. (I soak it in cold water
>> every half hour or
>> so.)
>>
>> Bill "dyslexic packrats untie" S.
>>

> Did they evacuate you?

No, but the air where I am is horrible.

A few of the guys on our local list (Yahoo! group) were evacuated; let back
home today or tomorrow.

Today sucked because it was so hot, but couldn't open any windows. Gimme
some ocean breeze!

Bill "squint 'n wheeze" S.

On Wed, 24 Oct 2007 18:42:55 -0700, Bill Sornson <[email protected]> wrote:

> ?Slack wrote:
>> On Wed, 24 Oct 2007 01:35:21 -0700, Bill Sornson <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>> My "E-3" saddle came in a thin, paper-cloth bag. So I cut holes in
>>> the corners and tied an elastic cord to each one. Voila: a mask to
>>> keep the smoke and grit out of my lungs. (I soak it in cold water
>>> every half hour or
>>> so.)
>>>
>>> Bill "dyslexic packrats untie" S.
>>>

>> Did they evacuate you?

> No, but the air where I am is horrible.
>
> A few of the guys on our local list (Yahoo! group) were evacuated; let
> back
> home today or tomorrow.
>
> Today sucked because it was so hot, but couldn't open any windows. Gimme
> some ocean breeze!
>
> Bill "squint 'n wheeze" S.

The air is pretty bad here in the South Bay... sure wouldn't want to be
any further South, or North, or East for that matter :(

The whole damn state is ablaze!
--
Slack

?Slack ??? wrote:
> On Wed, 24 Oct 2007 01:35:21 -0700, Bill Sornson <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> My "E-3" saddle came in a thin, paper-cloth bag. So I cut holes in the
>> corners and tied an elastic cord to each one. Voila: a mask to keep the
>> smoke and grit out of my lungs. (I soak it in cold water every half
>> hour or
>> so.)
>>
>> Bill "dyslexic packrats untie" S.

> Did they evacuate you?

Way too much information asked for there, buddy!

Oh, you meant THAT type of evacuation?

Beer - It's not just for breakfast anymore!

On Oct 24, 4:35 am, "Bill Sornson" <[email protected]> wrote:
> My "E-3" saddle came in a thin, paper-cloth bag. So I cut holes in the
> corners and tied an elastic cord to each one. Voila: a mask to keep the
> smoke and grit out of my lungs. (I soak it in cold water every half hour or
> so.)
>
> Bill "dyslexic packrats untie" S.

Soaking it so it won't burn?

Sorry. I shouldn't attempt humor before coffee.

/s

On Oct 24, 1:35 am, "Bill Sornson" <[email protected]> wrote:
> My "E-3" saddle came in a thin, paper-cloth bag. So I cut holes in the
> corners and tied an elastic cord to each one. Voila: a mask to keep the
> smoke and grit out of my lungs. (I soak it in cold water every half hour or
> so.)
>
> Bill "dyslexic packrats untie" S.

I was in Colorado, did something happen?

JD

JD wrote:
> On Oct 24, 1:35 am, "Bill Sornson" <[email protected]> wrote:
>> My "E-3" saddle came in a thin, paper-cloth bag. So I cut holes in
>> the corners and tied an elastic cord to each one. Voila: a mask to
>> keep the smoke and grit out of my lungs. (I soak it in cold water
>> every half hour or so.)
>>
>> Bill "dyslexic packrats untie" S.

> I was in Colorado, did something happen?

Someone threw a roach out the window.

"Bill Sornson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> JD wrote:
> > On Oct 24, 1:35 am, "Bill Sornson" <[email protected]> wrote:
> >> My "E-3" saddle came in a thin, paper-cloth bag. So I cut holes in
> >> the corners and tied an elastic cord to each one. Voila: a mask to
> >> keep the smoke and grit out of my lungs. (I soak it in cold water
> >> every half hour or so.)
> >>
> >> Bill "dyslexic packrats untie" S.

> > I was in Colorado, did something happen?

> Someone threw a roach out the window.

Probably more true than not...

-Zilla

On Oct 25, 3:37 pm, "Bill Sornson" <[email protected]> wrote:
> JD wrote:
> > On Oct 24, 1:35 am, "Bill Sornson" <[email protected]> wrote:
> >> My "E-3" saddle came in a thin, paper-cloth bag. So I cut holes in
> >> the corners and tied an elastic cord to each one. Voila: a mask to
> >> keep the smoke and grit out of my lungs. (I soak it in cold water
> >> every half hour or so.)

> >> Bill "dyslexic packrats untie" S.

> > I was in Colorado, did something happen?

> Someone threw a roach out the window.

Friggin' stoners...

JD

Bill Sornson wrote:
> JD wrote:
>> On Oct 24, 1:35 am, "Bill Sornson" <[email protected]> wrote:
>>> My "E-3" saddle came in a thin, paper-cloth bag. So I cut holes in
>>> the corners and tied an elastic cord to each one. Voila: a mask to
>>> keep the smoke and grit out of my lungs. (I soak it in cold water
>>> every half hour or so.)
>>>
>>> Bill "dyslexic packrats untie" S.

>> I was in Colorado, did something happen?

> Someone threw a roach out the window.

Life is so boring here. No floods, hurricanes, earthquakes, landslides
or forest fires to speak of. :(

When did ignorance of biology become a "family value"?

"Gimme some ocean breeze"

I think right now that ANY kind of breeze is the last thing SoCal needs!

- -
Compliments of:
"Your Friendly Neighborhood Wheelman"

If you want to E-mail me use:
ChrisZCorner "at" webtv "dot" net

My website:
http://geocities.com/czcorner

It's Chris wrote:
> "Gimme some ocean breeze"
>
> I think right now that ANY kind of breeze is the last thing SoCal
> needs!

Not true. The Santa Ana winds are hot and dry, and generally blow east to
west which keeps the smoke trapped over land (bumped up against the marine
layer). Ocean breezes are cool and moist. We need the latter to counteract
the effects of the former.

Bill "it actually rained a tiny bit this AM" S.

Just found these pics: http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/583075/1
--
Slack