Social MTB riding in Richmond Park

"dkahn400" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> David Martin wrote:
>> p.k. wrote:

>> > try it after dark - the ploice do not partol then!
>> >
>> > In joke for those who use the park - the dear like the roads at night!
>> >

>> No joke, cyclists have been taken out by rutting deer.
>>
>> Late at night in the fog it is a somewhat spooky place..

> I sometimes take a slight detour[1] on my way home to take in a lap of
> the park. Cycling round the road at night is delightful. There are
> still one or two cars there. I presume they must be residents. But for
> the most part it's quiet and dark: just a few runners and a few other
> cyclists. You do have to be aware of deer though.
>
> [1] Sunbury, Walton, Esher, Kingston, Ham, Richmond Park, Richmond,
> Twickenham. Very pleasant ride.

Dave, show me some of your routes sometimes. I'll bring my GPS.

On Wed, 22 Mar 2006 23:47:18 +0000, elyob wrote:

> They are a little tired cyclists IMO. There isn't enough 2 star cycles
> around here. If you want, then lets set a ride up.

I'm not that near to Richmond. We do try to have an easy ride on the first
Saturday of every month though, starting in Greenwich.

The Pollards Hill lot are nearer to that neck of the woods.
I would advise the original poster to Google for Pollards Hill cyclists.

elyob wrote:
> "p.k." <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> dkahn400 wrote:
>>>
>>> Yes. You can use the roads or the Tamsin Trail. The other paths are
>>> verboten. There's a 20mph speed limit on the roads, and a 15mph (I
>>> think) limit on the trail.

>> now 10 on the tamsin

> Yes, new limits have been applied recently.
>
> Do they apply to Wimbledon common? That is always more technical.
>
> Not that technical really, but you can do a Tits Over there.

Legal cycling on the commmon is also VERY restricted- nothing in the woods
is legal .

pk

p.k. wrote:
> dkahn400 wrote:
> > JD wrote:
> >> Sorry, you've lost me. Are we supposed to not cycle on those paths??

> > Yes. You can use the roads or the Tamsin Trail. The other paths are
> > verboten. There's a 20mph speed limit on the roads, and a 15mph (I
> > think) limit on the trail.

> now 10 on the tamsin

That seems extreme. Is it possible to have a worthwhile ride on the
Tamsin without exceeding 10mph? I was under the impression the 15mph
was more or less ignored anyway. Certainly I've been annoyed by the
behaviour of a minority of off-road cyclists when I've been running on
the trail. My wife used to run there a lot and occasionally complained
of cyclists swearing and screaming at her to get off the trail as they
plummeted towards her on the steeper descents.

--
Dave...

On Thu, 23 Mar 2006 08:19:53 +0000, p.k. wrote:

> Legal cycling on the commmon is also VERY restricted- nothing in the woods
> is legal .

But what about cycling?

(Opens mouth to show unmelted butter)