sodium intake

Geraint Jones

Guest
It is very dry and there is a drift of wheel-crushed rock salt swirling
on the streets: and cycling in town tastes very salty today. Should
I worry more about the amount of dirt that I must be breathing in on any
dry day, or about the amount of sodium I am taking in, especially since
we have finally managed a working salt-free recipe in the breadmaker.

Geraint Jones wrote:
> It is very dry and there is a drift of wheel-crushed rock salt swirling
> on the streets: and cycling in town tastes very salty today. Should
> I worry more about the amount of dirt that I must be breathing in on any
> dry day, or about the amount of sodium I am taking in, especially since
> we have finally managed a working salt-free recipe in the breadmaker.

no 1 priority must be to keep it out of your eyes ;)

--
---
Marten Gerritsen

INFOapestaartjeM-GINEERINGpuntNL
www.m-gineering.nl

"Geraint Jones" <[email protected]>
> It is very dry and there is a drift of wheel-crushed rock salt swirling
> on the streets: and cycling in town tastes very salty today. Should
> I worry more about the amount of dirt that I must be breathing in on any
> dry day, or about the amount of sodium I am taking in, especially since
> we have finally managed a working salt-free recipe in the breadmaker.

Is salt free bread palatable enough to be enjoyable to eat?

Tim

> I worry more about the amount of dirt that I must be breathing in on any
> dry day, or about the amount of sodium I am taking in, especially since
> we have finally managed a working salt-free recipe in the breadmaker.

I thought that we weren't supposed to worry about salt any more

http://www.guardian.co.uk/g2/story/0,,1601220,00.html

POHB wrote:
>> I worry more about the amount of dirt that I must be breathing in on
>> any dry day, or about the amount of sodium I am taking in,
>> especially since we have finally managed a working salt-free recipe
>> in the breadmaker.

> I thought that we weren't supposed to worry about salt any more
>
> http://www.guardian.co.uk/g2/story/0,,1601220,00.html

(OT)
The author was a friend of my brother's when he was in 6th form, so when a
friend of mine mentioned his (unique, I believe) first name as a friend she
was going to see in a different city 10 years later, she was amazed that I
confirmed it was the same person by asking his surname. I guess I also have
the same advantage of even my casual acquaintances remembering my name.

Anyway, it looks as if he's writing absolute **** on behalf of The Guardian,
but I may just be saying that because I bought The Independent today, and it
was utter utter trash, including an article lifted straight from the Daily
Express about someone who wasn't wearing a seatbelt in 1997.
--
Ambrose

"Tim Downie" <[email protected]> wrote:
| Is salt free bread palatable enough to be enjoyable to eat?

Oh, yes. (We're probably using salty flour...)

"POHB" <[email protected]> wrote:
| > I worry more about the amount of dirt that I must be breathing in on any
| > dry day, or about the amount of sodium I am taking in, especially since
| > we have finally managed a working salt-free recipe in the breadmaker.
|
| I thought that we weren't supposed to worry about salt any more
| http://www.guardian.co.uk/g2/story/0,,1601220,00.html

It's more about being able to share our bread with a weaning
wean, whose kidneys aren't yet up to salt in any quantity.
(Or that's what I'm told, anyway...)