Sod's Law

Simon Mason

Guest
When I woke this morning it was blowing a gale, with gusts up to 45 mph. As it was also a side wind
I considered it too dangerous to cycle to work and so took the car.

When knocking off time at 1630 comes, there's a beautiful red sky, not a breath of wind and it's
very mild, but I'm lumbered with the car and it's Friday evening.

Only thing was, there was hardly any traffic at all, everyone must have gone home early. Hmm, I
could get used to this motoring lark. Home in 20 minutes, radio, heater, comfy seat, no wind....NO!

"Simon Mason" <[email protected]> wrote: ( When knocking off time at 1630 comes, ... )
Only thing was, there was hardly any traffic at all, everyone must have gone ( home early.

Down here in the effete south it seems that everybody with a car starts to go home at about 3pm on
Friday. Even at the speed of the late crawl, they've all gone by the time I knock off.

Simon Mason wrote:

> Only thing was, there was hardly any traffic at all, everyone must have gone home early. Hmm, I
> could get used to this motoring lark. Home in 20 minutes, radio, heater, comfy seat, no
> wind....NO!

Ah, but when was the last time you were driving somewhere and thought "it's a nice day, I'll take
the long way and get a few miles in"

--
Guy
===

> Simon Mason wrote:
>
> > Only thing was, there was hardly any traffic at all, everyone must have gone home early. Hmm, I
> > could get used to this motoring lark. Home in 20 minutes, radio, heater, comfy seat, no
> > wind....NO!
>
> Ah, but when was the last time you were driving somewhere and thought
"it's
> a nice day, I'll take the long way and get a few miles in"

About 20 years ago ! Simon