Softride Qualifier or Talon

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by jtang, Feb 17, 2004.

1. jtang

jtang New Member

Hi, I was looking to get a new bike for strictly road, maybe some group rides, never racing so am interested in comfort, will be doing up to double century for training. I am looking at 2 my price range 2,000. The softride qualifier set in road geometry or the kestrel talon. They will both fit. I looked at the Giant but just not interested, any thoughts or ideas will help thanks

Tags:

2. Gonzo Bob

Gonzo Bob New Member

Do you have a shop where you can test ride them? Softrides MUST be test ridden! Some people dislike the bouncing and cannot stand the bike. I have never had a problem with it. I have a 1997 Powerwing 700 (very similar in geometry to the current Qualifier) set up for triathlon.

3. skillerv

skillerv New Member

if you have any intention of doing races, they will not let you race with a softride since it is not traditional geometry. so in that case go with the kestral. but there are alot of other bikes out there in the 2000 dollar range. you can get the new aluminum litespeeds for around 2000. I know its nice to give the LBS some money every now and then to keep them around but look online for some better deals and do the small stuff at the LBS. I got my bike which is Columbus tubing with carbon seat stays and full carbon fork and a full ultegra set including the WD-6500 wheels for 1500 at Coloradocyclist.com.
    i hope all this helps