Software tools for Polar 7x, Polar Precision, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Nick Burns

I am looking for software tools to handle the data from Polar 710 and similar. I am interested in
just about anything available. I would like to be able to add power values after for files that have
power metrics from another source (as an example). Is there anything out there? As an alternative,
are there any sources for learning how to manually edit the files so that I can enter the same data?

Let's say I have a Polar monitoring a subject that is on a stationary trainer with known load per
velocity (like a Kurt Kinetic) or with its own power display (more an more common). If I have notes
that have the power calculations I should be able to edit the files. I know once I have the power
heading in the file, I can use the error correction feature within the Polar software to add values.
I could add average power per lap etc.

The only way that I can think of to do that is by having the power feature turned on to create the
section for power values and then replace the zeros with the actual values. However, knowing the way
that the Polar software handles zeros, this may be a problem. Right now, if you are on a stationary
bike and you have the Polar capturing data, you will only have a cadence table if you have data for
speed. If you have all zero values for speed, it will not create a speed section that can be edited
later. Wore, you will also be unable to edit the cadence. This is a known bug and it makes me
concerned about how I can integrate power values if the Polar power accessory is not used.

In summary, what I need is any or all of the following:

1) Software tools to edit *.hrm files

2) Any information on how to manually edit the *.hrm files to place data gathered from
external sources.

3) Any other software applications that can handles *.hrm files with the same or better reporting
and file viewing.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Status
Not open for further replies.