Sold! *sniff sniff*

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by John Morgan, Feb 26, 2003.

  1. John Morgan

    John Morgan Guest

    Tags:

  2. Paladin

    Paladin Guest

    "John Morgan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > Yep, she's finally gone... out of my life. =( I'm sure the new owner will ride her with
    > much glee...
    >
    > http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=27948&item=2712566986 &rd=1
    >
    > A piece of me went into building that bike.... yet all she did was take take take. Now it's time
    > to focus on a bike that returns my love bit for bit...
    >
    > http://members.cox.net/jhnmorgan/MTB/homegrown.jpg
    >
    > -John Morgan

    I'll bet that Schwinn is l i g h t as a feather, too. I saw one looked just like yours at a race
    in NV, that the dude had down to about 20-21 lbs. I hate to think what he paid for that
    pleasure, but hey.

    Paladin

  3. John Morgan

    John Morgan Guest

    > I'll bet that Schwinn is l i g h t as a feather, too. I saw one looked just like yours at a race
    > in NV, that the dude had down to about 20-21 lbs. I hate to think what he paid for that pleasure,
    > but hey.
    >
    > Paladin

    Yup, that's what I like about it... light and climbs like a jackrabbit. I went sorta cheap on it in
    some respects (cranks, fork...) but it's still at about 22.5 pounds. The ride is sooo much more
    enjoyable on this efficient climber than on the 30 pound beast.

    -John Morgan

  4. Paladin

    Paladin Guest

    "John Morgan" <jhnm[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > > I'll bet that Schwinn is l i g h t as a feather, too. I saw one looked just like yours at a race
    > > in NV, that the dude had down to about 20-21 lbs. I hate to think what he paid for that
    > > pleasure, but hey.
    > >
    > > Paladin
    >
    > Yup, that's what I like about it... light and climbs like a jackrabbit. I went sorta cheap on it
    > in some respects (cranks, fork...) but it's still at about 22.5 pounds. The ride is sooo much more
    > enjoyable on this efficient climber than on the 30 pound beast.
    >
    > -John Morgan

    Efficient in a lot of ways no doubt. Point in fact: I was climbing some very technical rocks with my
    buddy who was on his big, heavy double squish. I would roll onto these large rocks or ledges, and be
    able to use rear traction and weight allocation along with momentum to clear this stuff. My buddy,
    who is no slouch, (having ridden Mormon, National, et al, a decade before it was fashionable to brag
    about it) would hit the same big rocks, and would lose his momentum because his rear shock would
    absorb his forward momentum and he would . . . stop. No momentum, half up on a big rock, hauling a
    35lb pig, and no way to dig out. Not a good combination.

    I amazed us both on my much lighter Schwinn hardtail.

    Paladin

  5. John Morgan

    John Morgan Guest

    > Efficient in a lot of ways no doubt. Point in fact: I was climbing some very technical rocks with
    > my buddy who was on his big, heavy double squish. I would roll onto these large rocks or ledges,
    > and be able to use rear traction and weight allocation along with momentum to clear this stuff. My
    > buddy, who is no slouch, (having ridden Mormon, National, et al, a decade before it was
    > fashionable to brag about it)
    <snip>
    > I amazed us both on my much lighter Schwinn hardtail.
    >
    > Paladin

    Yeah, 10 years ago I wouldn't have attempted to ride Mormon or National... but I remember riding the
    fireroad that leads to the trailhead a few times.
    =) Back then, the path wasn't quite so beaten down as it is these days. As
    you can attest, it used to be a lot gnarlier of a ride... and suspension technology wasn't much
    back then, either. (Used to live in a house w/ my parents on the Tour de Backyard section of
    Desert Classic).

    -John Morgan