Soler Positive!!!

azdroptop said:
I have to say the best thing about the tour now is getting up early to hear what BS Paul, Al, Phil and Bob spew with the latest news. LOL Tomorrow should be a beauty!
I love it. First 10 minutes on VS every day is great.

Skoorb said:
Honestly, I think it's Al at his best.:D It must be hard for them to come up with **** to say with out totally letting on that they know these guys are still doped to the gills and to not implicate Lance in an obvious way. Just plain great TV. LOL

Skoorb said:
LOL, my wife has been asking me why I have been getting up so early to watch the race when I can sleep in and watch the replay. I said because the replay doesnt have the 10 minute doping rundown from the previous day. Classic stuff.

azdroptop said:
Honestly, I think it's Al at his best.:D It must be hard for them to come up with **** to say with out totally letting on that they know these guys are still doped to the gills and to not implicate Lance in an obvious way. Just plain great TV. LOL
Al Trautwig is the Tour TV star now.

The others will soon become unemployed. Al will sign a ten year deal.

All is well with the universe.

FWIW the bookmakers seem to like Soler again. Is this press conference happening in 30 mins?

peterlip said:
If 11 more get busted, Contador can win all 4 jerseys, and the team win.
Well if it goes on like this Disco's going to have 3 guys in the podium :)
I'd love to hear the conversation going on in the Disco bus:
Popo: "Who want's the green jersey?"
George: "You take it"
- "No, I want the polka-dot, you take the green!"
Levi: "Why can't I have the yellow!!"

On Sunday they'll be playing cards for the price money...after the 8-man TeamTimeTrial to Champs Elysées...;)

Atleast you have to give them credit for having their riders' doping use under control!:rolleyes:

I think that someone told them that they saw him not doping. They generally accept people's word with this type of thing.
azdroptop said:
He was racing today? Wonder what the story is?

Gregers said:
I think that someone told them that they saw him not doping. They generally accept people's word with this type of thing.
Now that my friend was damn funny! I almost fell out of my chair laughing here at work.:D

Really hard to tell what's up with the possible positive that's being reported. The only thing I can think of is that if it was Soler that tested positive, they decided to let him ride today while they do further tests because a time trial event wouldn't effect other riders at all.

Though my guess is this was just a false rumor spreading around the field.

murraj2 said:
Really hard to tell what's up with the possible positive that's being reported. The only thing I can think of is that if it was Soler that tested positive, they decided to let him ride today while they do further tests because a time trial event wouldn't effect other riders at all.

Though my guess is this was just a false rumor spreading around the field.
or maybe they are giving soler a pass...

Soler is positive he'll be wearing polka dots on the podium in Paris.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/2007/tour07/news/?id=/news/2007/jul07/jul29news

Prudhomme ends doping rumours

By Gregor Brown in Cognac

The 2007 Tour de France was ripe with a new rumour starting Friday afternoon and running late into the evening that there could be another rider announced positive for a doping control. The rider was rumoured to be stage nine winner and mountains classification leader Mauricio Soler of Barloworld, however, Tour Director Christian Prudhomme clarified that there was no reported case of doping.

"We spoke with the commissionaire of the UCI and they said there was no case," Prudhomme said in a press conference Saturday morning in Cognac.

One Belgian website had reported that the Colombian had already tested positive, and Prudhomme was concerned about the speculation that took place the day before, and reminded the gathered press to base its work on facts. "Please be careful. Pay attention to the real facts."

The speculation was further fuelled by reports of police cars at the Barloworld hotel on Friday night. "Some journalist saw an Ag2r Prévoyance team car and thought it was a police car," confirmed Prudhomme. "There was not any police at the hotel."

Soler completed the stage 19 time trial in 42nd place.

hgb said:
"Some journalist saw an Ag2r Prévoyance team car and thought it was a police car,"
HA HA HA,

btw we were at Montpelier for stage 11 and the french police were driving USA ford cars!!!!