Solidlight 1203D or Edelux?

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by none, May 23, 2008.

  1. none

    none Guest

    This is for fitting on my Grasshopper, so road use only.
    What does the panel think would be better, as I believe that they are
    going to be about the same price, and the light currently in use if
    frankly pathetic. Your thoughts and opinions are sought

    Thanks

    Paul

    Tags:

  2. Clive George

    Clive George Guest

    "none" <""paul\"@(none)"> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > This is for fitting on my Grasshopper, so road use only.
    > What does the panel think would be better, as I believe that they are
    > going to be about the same price, and the light currently in use if
    > frankly pathetic. Your thoughts and opinions are sought

    iq fly is actually pretty darn good and quite a lot cheaper.

    cheers,
    clive

  3. Nigel Cliffe

    Nigel Cliffe Guest

    Clive George wrote:
    > "none" <""paul\"@(none)"> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    >> This is for fitting on my Grasshopper, so road use only.
    >> What does the panel think would be better, as I believe that they are
    >> going to be about the same price, and the light currently in use if
    >> frankly pathetic. Your thoughts and opinions are sought

    > iq fly is actually pretty darn good and quite a lot cheaper.

    Or the new Schmidt LED lamp which is supposedly twice as powerful as the
    Fly. And I think cheaper than the SolidLight.

    - Nigel

    --
    Nigel Cliffe,
    Webmaster at http://www.2mm.org.uk/

  4. Kevin Dublin

    Kevin Dublin Guest

    Nigel Cliffe wrote:

    > Or the new Schmidt LED lamp which is supposedly twice as powerful as the
    > Fly. And I think cheaper than the SolidLight.
    >
    > Can you point me in the direction of this new Scjmidt LED lamp?

    Kevin

  5. Quoting Nigel Cliffe <[email protected]>:
    >Clive George wrote:
    >>"none" <""paul\"@(none)"> wrote in message
    >>>This is for fitting on my Grasshopper, so road use only.
    >>>What does the panel think would be better, as I believe that they are
    >>>going to be about the same price, and the light currently in use if
    >>>frankly pathetic. Your thoughts and opinions are sought

    >>iq fly is actually pretty darn good and quite a lot cheaper.

    >Or the new Schmidt LED lamp which is supposedly twice as powerful as the
    >Fly.

    That would be the Edelux, mentioned in the Subject but not in the article
    body (sigh).

    Based purely on specs (I've seen 1203Ds in use, but not edeluxen) I'd go
    for the Edelux - and if the quality is as high as the Schmidt E6 and SON,
    certainly the Edelux. Put it this way, there's nothing wrong with my
    halogen lights, but if one breaks tomorrow I'll be ordering an Edelux on
    Thursday.
    Today is Epithumia, June - a weekend.