Solo tour accross France

patriciamoll

Aug 17, 2005
I'm planning a solo biking tour in France next year around May-June, but I'm having a hard time to decide between the Loire Valleys and the Cote d'azure. I have 4 weeks for the trip, so I was thinking that maybe I can do both using train. Because of the weather I thought it might be best to start on the south and then go to the north. Has anyone done biking in any of these places? what is the best time to go to each one? can you recommend books or web sites to plan my trip?

Thanks a lot (and if you are planning to be there let me know)

i have biked from Paris to Calais and back, as well as from Bergerac to Souillac (in the Dordogne Valley area). of the two rides, Paris/Calais was great, but Dordogne was absolutely beautiful. unfortunately, i caught a bad cold on the 2nd day of my Dordogne ride and had to cut that ride short. i ended up taking the train to Barcelona, got over my cold, then rode for 4 days there.

if you are riding in France, consider Bergerac to Saint Flour over a 4 - 5 day period. i created an extensive bike-trip planning document i put together from an atlas. i would be happy to email it to you if you would it. my email is [email protected]. email me & i'll send you the document via return email.