Solutions for a happier sexual future

clearly

Guest
Every sexually active woman on birth control

Everyone use condoms

Cure HPV (warts) and Herpes

(Cure AIDS/HIV)

Tested for diseases and pregnancy every 3 months

Abortions in the first three months

Birth control, Condoms, STD Tests, & Pregnancy Tests should all be
subsidized. The clinic should ask you how much money you make, and if
you make below a certain amount, the price is reduced or free. This
helps ensure that we don't have single mothers ending up on welfare
with five babies and living in poverty. We should give more tax
dollars to organizations that do things like this. We should
advertise to encourage people to come get their low priced condoms and
birth control, and low priced STD and pregnancy testing, and low
priced abortion within the first three months. Everyone should know
where the clinics are, there should be advertisements on the t.v. and
in the yellow pages, it should be easy to use them, and the clinics
should have free literature explaining all the different diseases. I
believe only three diseases (HPV, Herpes, & HIV) are incurable,
although the other diseases can cause irreversible damage if left
untreated. For instance Syphilis can make you blind and I think even
kill you, and Gonoreah and Clamidia can cause infertility in women,
it's called Pelvic Inflamatory Disease (PID), see:
http://www.intelihealth.com/IH/ihtIH/8799/8799/29362/197425.html?d=dmtHealthAZ

[email protected] (clearly) wrote:

> Birth control, Condoms, STD Tests, & Pregnancy Tests should all be
> subsidized. The clinic should ask you how much money you make, and if
> you make below a certain amount, the price is reduced or free. This
> helps ensure that we don't have single mothers ending up on welfare
> with five babies and living in poverty. We should give more tax
> dollars to organizations that do things like this. We should
> advertise to encourage people to come get their low priced condoms and
> birth control, and low priced STD and pregnancy testing, and low
> priced abortion within the first three months. Everyone should know
> where the clinics are, there should be advertisements on the t.v. and
> in the yellow pages, it should be easy to use them, and the clinics
> should have free literature explaining all the different diseases.

I have to ask... What country are you from? In the United States, these
things ARE subsidized. Anyone can go into the local Health Department
(funded by federal and state tax dollars) and get free condoms, no
questions asked. Birth control, STD tests, and pregnancy tests are also
available, and fees are on a sliding scale, just as you describe. We have
been doing this for over three decades, and we still have single mothers
ending up on welfare with five babies and living in poverty. The problem
isn't the cost of healthcare and prevention. The problem is the welfare
system. Women are given bigger checks if they have more babies, and there
is no incentive for women to not have more. Another baby in the family
means another 300 or 400 dollars a month in their pocket, which usually
means more money for booze or drugs.

In article <[email protected]>,
[email protected] says...
> Subject: Re: Solutions for a happier sexual future
> From: User3247 <[email protected]>
> Newsgroups: misc.health.alternative, talk.politics.misc, alt.activism, talk.abortion
>
> [email protected] (clearly) wrote:
>
> > Birth control, Condoms, STD Tests, & Pregnancy Tests should all be
> > subsidized. The clinic should ask you how much money you make, and if
> > you make below a certain amount, the price is reduced or free. This
> > helps ensure that we don't have single mothers ending up on welfare
> > with five babies and living in poverty. We should give more tax
> > dollars to organizations that do things like this. We should
> > advertise to encourage people to come get their low priced condoms and
> > birth control, and low priced STD and pregnancy testing, and low
> > priced abortion within the first three months. Everyone should know
> > where the clinics are, there should be advertisements on the t.v. and
> > in the yellow pages, it should be easy to use them, and the clinics
> > should have free literature explaining all the different diseases.

> I have to ask... What country are you from? In the United States, these
> things ARE subsidized. Anyone can go into the local Health Department
> (funded by federal and state tax dollars) and get free condoms, no
> questions asked.

Family Planning Clinics (run and funded from taxation) in the UK also
give out and/or supply/fit contraception at no charge. They also provide
free testing for pregnancy, STDs etc. Abortion, pre-natal, natal and
post-natal care are all provided free too in clinics and hospitals all
over the nation.

Some contraception can be bought over-the-counter at pharmacies - for
instance condoms, emergency contraception etc too. In fact condoms are
available in almost all public toilets (ladies as well as gents) from
slot machines. Others have to be prescribed and/or fitted by a doctor,
such as 'the pill', IUD etc.

User3247 <[email protected]> wrote
> Women are given bigger checks if they have more babies, and there
> is no incentive for women to not have more. Another baby in the family
> means another 300 or 400 dollars a month in their pocket, which usually
> means more money for booze or drugs.

What planet are YOU from? Do you really think there are many women
who intentionally have additional children for some extra welfare
(which is inadequate to even care for the child, much less buy booze &
drugs)? You really ought to get out and talk to real people, and turn
off the talk radio. And what is your solution to this perceived
problem -- cut off welfare for poor mothers? Doesn't this punish the
child for the parents' mistake? Even if there's a disincentive to use
birth control -- and at this point, you're just making assumptions
without any evidence in support of your contention -- is starving the
children an appropriate remedy?

It's done all the time in Canada and it runs in families like a bad disease.

news:[email protected]...