solutions for numb toe's

Shannon_nevin

Guest
I have been riding a racing bike in brisbane for about 3 months now. I
have however been getting i very discomforting feeling of numb toe's can
anyone help me with the possible reason for this.

--

Need some more info but...
maybe shoes are too tight or not the right size?

Have you ridden a racing bike before without this problem?

more info please!

news:[email protected]...

Shannon_nevin wrote:

> I have been riding a racing bike in brisbane for about 3 months now. I
> have however been getting i very discomforting feeling of numb toe's can
> anyone help me with the possible reason for this.
>

> --

I reckon your shoes might be a bit too tight or maybe ill-fitting.

What kind of shoes are they?

--
Nick

Shannon_nevin wrote:
> I have been riding a racing bike in brisbane for about 3 months now. I
> have however been getting i very discomforting feeling of numb toe's can
> anyone help me with the possible reason for this.

Am assuming you are riding clipless pedals with 'proper' cycling shoes

shoes too tight is the most common cause but you may also need to check
that the cleat position is correct

ie ball of foot over pedal axle when engaged. If its behind the axle you
can get numb toes/feet after 15-20 minutes

--

flyingdutch wrote:
> Am assuming you are riding clipless pedals with 'proper' cycling shoes
> shoes too tight is the most common cause but you may also need to check
> that the cleat position is correct
> ie ball of foot over pedal axle when engaged. If its behind the axle you
> can get numb toes/feet after 15-20 minutes

I have had foot discomfort in my cycling shoes for years. My first
inclination was to try larger/wider shoes--- that didn't help. Next I
focused on cleat position-- to no avail.

Finally, in an attempt to save the 3rd pair of ill-fitting shoes, I
bought Specialized BG footbeds ($20 US) to replace the cheap Sidi ones
Ithat came with the shoes. Feet have not bothered me since.