Some advice for all asshatchet riders

B. Lafferty wrote:
> Here's Jonny's Home page at the top of which are his sponsor links.

> suggest that everyone send copies of his drivel to his sponsors and

ask them
> how it is that they can sponsor such a dork.
> http://www.bentrideronline.com/
>
> My first five emails are on their way tonight. Happy Holidays,

Jonny!

> "Johnny NoCom" <"Johnny NoCom"@bentrideronline.com> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> >

> > Fred Marx wrote:

invest in a

frame

Kestrel,

Trek

Who wants

an

junk

the

> >> The very fact that a complete shitforbrains as yourself is

speaking out
> >> for these is compelling to no end. This guy is like the Iwoan

schmuck
> >> on bicycling.com's forums.
> >> F U C K O F F troll.

> > And Fred........that is your name now? Wow a real "FRED!"
> >
> > Do you even ride? Oh don't answer, afterall we all know what

"FRED'S"
> > represent.
> >
> > Holiday Cheers to you too,
> >
> > Johnny [email protected]

B.Lafferty: This guy is not associated with BentRiderOnline. Who
knows why he picked that organization to shmear.
Slow Joe Recumbo

Frist day on the internet there B? Just because he _says_ that is his
home page doesn't mean it is. Johnny doesn't like FOG's on bents any
more than he likes conventional bikes. Nothing would delight him more
than if you start harassing BROL. Get a clue.

<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Frist day on the internet there B? Just because he _says_ that is his
> home page doesn't mean it is. Johnny doesn't like FOG's on bents any
> more than he likes conventional bikes. Nothing would delight him more
> than if you start harassing BROL. Get a clue.

The clue is this. Lets see the bent community police the asshole, asshole.

B. Lafferty wrote:
> <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>>Frist day on the internet there B? Just because he _says_ that is his
>>home page doesn't mean it is. Johnny doesn't like FOG's on bents any
>>more than he likes conventional bikes. Nothing would delight him more
>>than if you start harassing BROL. Get a clue.

> The clue is this. Lets see the bent community police the asshole, asshole.

This will be my first cross-posting and hopefully my last. But I want to
tell everyone who might suspect that this "Johnny" has anything to do with
'BentRider Online that he doesn't. Period. He has "spoofed" an email address.
It is not a legitmate one.

On 16 Dec 2004 01:52:12 GMT, [email protected]ospam (Tom Paterson)
wrote:

>I get it. It's a prospectus. With attitude!
>
>As a possible investor/owner I'd have to wonder if anyone ever hit something
>pretty solid with one of those things, subsequently straddling a still-spinning
>giant chainring.

If its a prospectus, the real owners need to shut the guy up. For most
just an irritant, but if he is doing anything, he is giving the bike
bad press. Never mind that few recumbent riders are going to be laying
the cash out for this, which makes most of his posts irrelevant.

I ride a Double Vision tandem with my wife and a Vision R42 for most
social rides. The rest of the time I ride an archaic, but comfortable
enough Trek 1200. The next bike I buy will be an Ultegra-based low-end
club racer. For the $ 1,400 to $ 2,100 I'll spend, I can't get
anything close in the recumbent world, gruppo for gruppo. And it won't
weigh 18-20 pounds and it won't let me ride as a USCF rider in
organized time trials. And when I lose by fifteen minutes to the
better guy in my class, I'll know he was (or hell, she) was 15 minutes
faster than me.

I'm guessing that this guy really works for a bike shop that doesn't
carry recumbents and he is simply trying to alienate as many bike
riders as possible.

Curtis L. Russell
Odenton, MD (USA)
Just someone on two wheels...

You have probably noticed that someone is posting some pretty nasty
stuff under the name Johnny NoCom. I normally could care less but this
person has decided to put this web site as his home page and listed his
e-mail address as a fake one on my server. The offender decided to
cross-post to another newsgroup full of people who don't know me that
well and it's escalated to the point where people have supposedly been
e-mailing sponsors (although I haven't heard anything of it yet).
Please rest assured that NO ONE at 'BentRider has anything to do with
this but we know who did and we are deciding on how to proceed now. I
regret that this has come to a point where I had to make a public
statement about it.

Bryan J. Ball
Managing Editor
www.bentrideronline.com

--
Larry Varney
Cold Spring, KY

Curtis L. Russell <[email protected]> wrote:
> I ride a Double Vision tandem with my wife and a Vision R42 for most
> social rides. The rest of the time I ride an archaic, but comfortable
> enough Trek 1200. The next bike I buy will be an Ultegra-based low-end
> club racer. For the $ 1,400 to $ 2,100 I'll spend, I can't get
> anything close in the recumbent world, gruppo for gruppo. And it won't
> weigh 18-20 pounds and it won't let me ride as a USCF rider in
> organized time trials. And when I lose by fifteen minutes to the
> better guy in my class, I'll know he was (or hell, she) was 15 minutes
> faster than me.

Where I live most of the TTs are not USAC events (including the one our
club runs) so the Fed rulebook is not an issue. They are run age-graded
and if the 'bent riders did not have their own category most of them
would get shut out in the awards.

I have been waiting for someone to show up to our race with a 'bent
and really show everyone how it's done. Maybe someday it'll happen, but
for now the asshatchets still rule. There is one local race where a guy
with a fully faired 'bent has been kicking butt. It looks like a really
cool bike, but it's pretty clear that the "fully faired" part is more
important than the "'bent" part. And this year he got knocked off by an
asshatchet rider.

Bob Schwartz
[email protected]

Tom Sherman <[email protected]> wrote:

> B. Lafferty wrote:

> > It's possible, in which case they can all try to figure out who the dork
> > really is.

> Doesn't everyone know who Johnny NoCom is? ;)

I'm not sure to whom you are refering, Tom, but I have my doubts he
really wants to propagate lowracers. In my eyes he acts like someone who
intends to discredit them. On the other hand, the monkeys always have
been well known for their strange sense of humor. ;-)

At least he should change his faked e-mail-addy to
[email protected]

Is there any chance Monkey Island will revive again?

Kurt

Johnny NoCom wrote:
> It is time for all asshatcheters worldwide to get smart and invest in

> NoCom. The cool factor alone is worth the price. No asshatchet frame
> will ever match the elegance and ballistic speed of the NoCom.
>
> Useless **** like Aegis, Cervelo, Colnago, Merckx, Felt, Kestrel,

Kuota,
> Litespeed, Merlin, Waterford, Pinarello, Seven, Softride, Time, Trek

and
> Van Tuyl frames are all dated and slow like the UCI and USCF. Who

wants
> to crawl down the road at 20 mph on old world design junk. It is an
> insult to all cyclists when stick pole riders on UCI regulated junk
> struggle 5% as fast as a NoCom missile.
>
> Riding a NoCom at 40 mph with ease is the only way to fly down the

road.

> Holiday Cheers,
> Johnny [email protected]

Dear Johnny,

You may wish to rethink your position on a road bike. The saddle is
supposed to remain outside of your rectum. Based on your description
of road bikes as "ass hatchets", it appears that you are under the
mistaken impression that the saddle should be shoved up your ass. I
think you will find riding a much more comfortable experience if you
adopt the proper saddle position.

Best wishes and happy cycling.

LOL!!!!

Don't tell me....

SPAM?

Why is it that "NoCom" is always "in my way" when hill climbing?

"Johnny NoCom" <"Johnny NoCom"@bentrideronline.com> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Leif wrote:
>
> > "Useless **** like Aegis, Cervelo, Colnago, Merckx, Felt, Kestrel,
> > Kuota,
> > Litespeed, Merlin, Waterford, Pinarello, Seven, Softride, Time, Trek
> > and
> > Van Tuyl frames are all dated and slow like the UCI and USCF."
> >
> > Johnny "Queen of the Flatlands" was never able to compete w/
> > conventional bikes. So the big baby went out and bought the most
> > expensive toy he could find and now spends his time playing w/ himself
> > and insulting everyone else.
> > Be careful what you wish for, Quennie Weenie. If the rest of us start
> > riding nocoms, we'll undoubtedly leave you in the dust. I imagine you
> > would fare below average--- like you would against uprights, in a world
> > nocom racers. Then we'd start hearing from "Johnny Electric Motor".
> > "Hey everone! No need to be upset cause you have to pedal to make your
> > bike go. You can be like me, Johnny Electric Motor. I have the
> > fastest......blah blah blah...."
> > I think you know where you can stuff your NoCom Missle.

> No need to get all upset Leif now that you have learned you own slow
> conventional ****.
> My NoCom speed missile was not as expensive as your campy asshatchet
> frame. Sell that piece of junk you have on EBay and buy a NoCom. You will
> finally go faster than 24 mph with the sissys wearing kits in the
> asshatchet paceline.
>
> Lief if the rest of you start buying NoComs the cycling world will be a
> better place with fewer UCI overpriced slow dated useless tirangle frames
> on the road.
>
> And I NEVER need an electric motor like you do to pedal at 35 mph on the
> road. Asshatchet riders are too high up in the air to go 35 mph.
>
> "Passing on your left Leif"
>
> Holiday Cheers,
> Johnny [email protected]

"Ed Sullivan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Johnny NoCom wrote:
> > It is time for all asshatcheters worldwide to get smart and invest in

> > NoCom. The cool factor alone is worth the price. No asshatchet frame
> > will ever match the elegance and ballistic speed of the NoCom.
> >
> > Useless **** like Aegis, Cervelo, Colnago, Merckx, Felt, Kestrel,

> Kuota,
> > Litespeed, Merlin, Waterford, Pinarello, Seven, Softride, Time, Trek

> and
> > Van Tuyl frames are all dated and slow like the UCI and USCF. Who

> wants
> > to crawl down the road at 20 mph on old world design junk. It is an
> > insult to all cyclists when stick pole riders on UCI regulated junk
> > struggle 5% as fast as a NoCom missile.
> >
> > Riding a NoCom at 40 mph with ease is the only way to fly down the

> road.
> >
> > Holiday Cheers,
> > Johnny [email protected]

> Dear Johnny,
>
> You may wish to rethink your position on a road bike. The saddle is
> supposed to remain outside of your rectum. Based on your description
> of road bikes as "ass hatchets", it appears that you are under the
> mistaken impression that the saddle should be shoved up your ass. I
> think you will find riding a much more comfortable experience if you
> adopt the proper saddle position.
>
> Best wishes and happy cycling.

Once upon a time, way back when, he owned a "asshatchet".
Years later when he adopted his "NoCom" BS, someone suggested he try putting a
saddle on the seatpost of his "asshatchet"..
;)

I have better advice Johnny....
KILL-FILE Johnny!!!

From: Johnny NoCom <"Johnny NoCom"@bentrideronline.com>
Newsgroups:
alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.so
cial
Subject: Some advice for all asshatchet riders
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 23:44:47 GMT
Next will be E-MAIL [email protected]

"psycholist" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "Johnny NoCom" <"Johnny NoCom"@bentrideronline.com> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > It is time for all asshatcheters worldwide to get smart and invest in a
> > NoCom. The cool factor alone is worth the price. No asshatchet frame
> > will ever match the elegance and ballistic speed of the NoCom.
> >
> > Useless **** like Aegis, Cervelo, Colnago, Merckx, Felt, Kestrel, Kuota,
> > Litespeed, Merlin, Waterford, Pinarello, Seven, Softride, Time, Trek and
> > Van Tuyl frames are all dated and slow like the UCI and USCF. Who wants
> > to crawl down the road at 20 mph on old world design junk. It is an
> > insult to all cyclists when stick pole riders on UCI regulated junk
> > struggle 5% as fast as a NoCom missile.
> >
> > Riding a NoCom at 40 mph with ease is the only way to fly down the road.
> >
> > Holiday Cheers,
> > Johnny [email protected]
> >

> Johnny,
>
> We get it. You learned a new slang term you think is really cool ...
> asshatchet. Now give it a rest. Even a half-assed roadie knows how to set
> his bike up to fit properly such that saddle pain is a non-issue, or a very
> minor one at worst.
>
> I'm interested in how your strategy is going to work out ... the one where
> you barge into a newsgroup, insult everyone there, then encourage them to
> invest in your little venture. Very interesting approach.
>
> I live in an area with a ton of rolling hills. There are some recumbent
> riders around and they all seem to be jerks like you. They all seem to
> think they're superior and talk about how their bikes go faster. And sure
> enough, they do ... downhill and on the flats. But on even the smallest of
> hills they come rocketing back as if they were in reverse. Over the course
> of a 50 mile ride, the roadies will always finish 10 miles ahead of the
> bents. THAT's the real, practical world of "asshatchets" vs. dorkrockets.
>
> --
> Bob C.
>
> "Of course it hurts. The trick is not minding that it hurts."
> T. E. Lawrence (of Arabia)

ROTFLMAO!
Great POST!!!