Some advice for all asshatchet riders

You have probably noticed that someone is posting some pretty nasty
stuff under the name Johnny NoCom. I normally could care less but this
person has decided to put this web site as his home page and listed his
e-mail address as a fake one on my server. The offender decided to
cross-post to another newsgroup full of people who don't know me that
well and it's escalated to the point where people have supposedly been
e-mailing sponsors (although I haven't heard anything of it yet).
Please rest assured that NO ONE at 'BentRider has anything to do with
this but we know who did and we are deciding on how to proceed now. I
regret that this has come to a point where I had to make a public
statement about it.

Bryan J. Ball
Managing Editor
www.bentrideronline.com

--
Larry Varney
Cold Spring, KY

Tom Sherman <[email protected]> wrote:

> B. Lafferty wrote:

> > It's possible, in which case they can all try to figure out who the dork
> > really is.

> Doesn't everyone know who Johnny NoCom is? ;)

I'm not sure to whom you are refering, Tom, but I have my doubts he
really wants to propagate lowracers. In my eyes he acts like someone who
intends to discredit them. On the other hand, the monkeys always have
been well known for their strange sense of humor. ;-)

At least he should change his faked e-mail-addy to
[email protected]

Is there any chance Monkey Island will revive again?

Kurt

Johnny NoCom wrote:
> It is time for all asshatcheters worldwide to get smart and invest in

> NoCom. The cool factor alone is worth the price. No asshatchet frame
> will ever match the elegance and ballistic speed of the NoCom.
>
> Useless **** like Aegis, Cervelo, Colnago, Merckx, Felt, Kestrel,

Kuota,
> Litespeed, Merlin, Waterford, Pinarello, Seven, Softride, Time, Trek

and
> Van Tuyl frames are all dated and slow like the UCI and USCF. Who

wants
> to crawl down the road at 20 mph on old world design junk. It is an
> insult to all cyclists when stick pole riders on UCI regulated junk
> struggle 5% as fast as a NoCom missile.
>
> Riding a NoCom at 40 mph with ease is the only way to fly down the

road.

> Holiday Cheers,
> Johnny [email protected]

Dear Johnny,

You may wish to rethink your position on a road bike. The saddle is
supposed to remain outside of your rectum. Based on your description
of road bikes as "ass hatchets", it appears that you are under the
mistaken impression that the saddle should be shoved up your ass. I
think you will find riding a much more comfortable experience if you
adopt the proper saddle position.

Best wishes and happy cycling.

Kurt Fischer wrote:

> Is there any chance Monkey Island will revive again?...

If there is some Monkey out there who can afford the bandwidth and is
interested... certain Chicago Monkeys might fit the bill.

--
Tom Sherman - Rock Island County Illinois
Tetrahedral carbon lattices are not forever.

B. Lafferty wrote:

> <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>>Frist day on the internet there B? Just because he _says_ that is his
>>home page doesn't mean it is. Johnny doesn't like FOG's on bents any
>>more than he likes conventional bikes. Nothing would delight him more
>>than if you start harassing BROL. Get a clue.

Is news.individual.net dropping the ball? I am not seeing several of the
postings replied to in recent threads, such as the one by "Lost" John
Riley quoted above.

--

Larry Varney wrote:

> You have probably noticed that someone is posting some pretty nasty
> stuff under the name Johnny NoCom. I normally could care less but this
> person has decided to put this web site as his home page and listed his
> e-mail address as a fake one on my server. The offender decided to
> cross-post to another newsgroup full of people who don't know me that
> well and it's escalated to the point where people have supposedly been
> e-mailing sponsors (although I haven't heard anything of it yet).
> Please rest assured that NO ONE at 'BentRider has anything to do with
> this but we know who did and we are deciding on how to proceed now. I
> regret that this has come to a point where I had to make a public
> statement about it.
>
> Bryan J. Ball
> Managing Editor
> www.bentrideronline.com

Is "I" Bryan Ball or Larry Varney?

Some unintentional humor (considering the context)?

--

Johnny NoCom wrote:

> Yo Tom,
>
> Though you may think you know who is the real Johnny NoCom, I'd bet you'd be
> wrong. There is only 2 people who know for sure.
>
> Try emailing them directly for the answer. Care to guess? And yes I WAS at
> the party.

Everyone knows that Johnny NoCom is really Lance Armstrong. ;)

--
Tom Sherman - For Sale: 1883 vintage suspension bridge (currently
located over the East River in NYC).

Tom Sherman wrote:
> Larry Varney wrote:
>
>> You have probably noticed that someone is posting some pretty nasty
>> stuff under the name Johnny NoCom. I normally could care less but this
>> person has decided to put this web site as his home page and listed his
>> e-mail address as a fake one on my server. The offender decided to
>> cross-post to another newsgroup full of people who don't know me that
>> well and it's escalated to the point where people have supposedly been
>> e-mailing sponsors (although I haven't heard anything of it yet).
>> Please rest assured that NO ONE at 'BentRider has anything to do with
>> this but we know who did and we are deciding on how to proceed now. I
>> regret that this has come to a point where I had to make a public
>> statement about it.
>>
>> Bryan J. Ball
>> Managing Editor
>> www.bentrideronline.com

> Is "I" Bryan Ball or Larry Varney?
>
> Some unintentional humor (considering the context)?

I (Larry Varney) posted what Bryan Ball sent to me. So, in the quoted text,
the "I" is Bryan.

--
Larry Varney
Cold Spring, KY
http://home.fuse.net/larryvarney

"Larry Varney" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> You have probably noticed that someone is posting some pretty nasty
> stuff under the name Johnny NoCom. I normally could care less but this
> person has decided to put this web site as his home page and listed his
> e-mail address as a fake one on my server. The offender decided to
> cross-post to another newsgroup full of people who don't know me that
> well and it's escalated to the point where people have supposedly been
> e-mailing sponsors (although I haven't heard anything of it yet).
> Please rest assured that NO ONE at 'BentRider has anything to do with
> this but we know who did and we are deciding on how to proceed now. I
> regret that this has come to a point where I had to make a public
> statement about it.
>
> Bryan J. Ball
> Managing Editor
> www.bentrideronline.com
>
> --
> Larry Varney
> Cold Spring, KY
> http://home.fuse.net/larryvarney

I took a look at the brol message board and happened to notice that you
didn't quite quote Bryan J. Ball correctly. The first sentence of his
message started this way: "If any of you still frequent the
alt.rec.bicycles.recumbents newsgroup, you will notice that........blah,
blah, blah".

As I scanned the postings it became clear to me that a lot of brol message
board posters do, for a fact, lurk in arbr.

Just an observation.

skip

LOL!!!!

Don't tell me....

SPAM?

Why is it that "NoCom" is always "in my way" when hill climbing?

news:[email protected]...

skip wrote:
> "Larry Varney" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>>You have probably noticed that someone is posting some pretty nasty
>>stuff under the name Johnny NoCom. I normally could care less but this
>>person has decided to put this web site as his home page and listed his
>>e-mail address as a fake one on my server. The offender decided to
>>cross-post to another newsgroup full of people who don't know me that
>>well and it's escalated to the point where people have supposedly been
>>e-mailing sponsors (although I haven't heard anything of it yet).
>>Please rest assured that NO ONE at 'BentRider has anything to do with
>>this but we know who did and we are deciding on how to proceed now. I
>>regret that this has come to a point where I had to make a public
>>statement about it.
>>
>>Bryan J. Ball
>>Managing Editor
>>www.bentrideronline.com
>>
>>--
>>Larry Varney
>>Cold Spring, KY
>>http://home.fuse.net/larryvarney
>>

> I took a look at the brol message board and happened to notice that you
> didn't quite quote Bryan J. Ball correctly. The first sentence of his
> message started this way: "If any of you still frequent the
> alt.rec.bicycles.recumbents newsgroup, you will notice that........blah,
> blah, blah".
>
> As I scanned the postings it became clear to me that a lot of brol message
> board posters do, for a fact, lurk in arbr.
>
> Just an observation.
>
> skip

You made an assumption that, while understandable, isn't correct. I was not
quoting Bryan's post on BROL, but an email that he sent me directly.

--
Larry Varney
Cold Spring, KY
http://home.fuse.net/larryvarney

"Ed Sullivan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Johnny NoCom wrote:
> > It is time for all asshatcheters worldwide to get smart and invest in

> > NoCom. The cool factor alone is worth the price. No asshatchet frame
> > will ever match the elegance and ballistic speed of the NoCom.
> >
> > Useless **** like Aegis, Cervelo, Colnago, Merckx, Felt, Kestrel,

> Kuota,
> > Litespeed, Merlin, Waterford, Pinarello, Seven, Softride, Time, Trek

> and
> > Van Tuyl frames are all dated and slow like the UCI and USCF. Who

> wants
> > to crawl down the road at 20 mph on old world design junk. It is an
> > insult to all cyclists when stick pole riders on UCI regulated junk
> > struggle 5% as fast as a NoCom missile.
> >
> > Riding a NoCom at 40 mph with ease is the only way to fly down the

> road.
> >
> > Holiday Cheers,
> > Johnny [email protected]

> Dear Johnny,
>
> You may wish to rethink your position on a road bike. The saddle is
> supposed to remain outside of your rectum. Based on your description
> of road bikes as "ass hatchets", it appears that you are under the
> mistaken impression that the saddle should be shoved up your ass. I
> think you will find riding a much more comfortable experience if you
> adopt the proper saddle position.
>
> Best wishes and happy cycling.

Once upon a time, way back when, he owned a "asshatchet".
Years later when he adopted his "NoCom" BS, someone suggested he try putting a
saddle on the seatpost of his "asshatchet"..
;)

I have better advice Johnny....
KILL-FILE Johnny!!!

From: Johnny NoCom <"Johnny NoCom"@bentrideronline.com>
Newsgroups:
alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.so
cial
Subject: Some advice for all asshatchet riders
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 23:44:47 GMT
Next will be E-MAIL [email protected]

"Larry Varney" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> skip wrote:
>> "Larry Varney" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...
>>
>>>You have probably noticed that someone is posting some pretty nasty
>>>stuff under the name Johnny NoCom. I normally could care less but this
>>>person has decided to put this web site as his home page and listed his
>>>e-mail address as a fake one on my server. The offender decided to
>>>cross-post to another newsgroup full of people who don't know me that
>>>well and it's escalated to the point where people have supposedly been
>>>e-mailing sponsors (although I haven't heard anything of it yet).
>>>Please rest assured that NO ONE at 'BentRider has anything to do with
>>>this but we know who did and we are deciding on how to proceed now. I
>>>regret that this has come to a point where I had to make a public
>>>statement about it.
>>>
>>>Bryan J. Ball
>>>Managing Editor
>>>www.bentrideronline.com
>>>
>>>--
>>>Larry Varney
>>>Cold Spring, KY
>>>http://home.fuse.net/larryvarney
>>>

>> I took a look at the brol message board and happened to notice that you
>> didn't quite quote Bryan J. Ball correctly. The first sentence of his
>> message started this way: "If any of you still frequent the
>> alt.rec.bicycles.recumbents newsgroup, you will notice that........blah,
>> blah, blah".
>>
>> As I scanned the postings it became clear to me that a lot of brol
>> message board posters do, for a fact, lurk in arbr.
>>
>> Just an observation.
>>
>> skip

> You made an assumption that, while understandable, isn't correct. I was
> not quoting Bryan's post on BROL, but an email that he sent me directly.
>
> --
> Larry Varney
> Cold Spring, KY
> http://home.fuse.net/larryvarney

I see. I'm sorry I assumed you were the one who edited out the first part
of the opening sentence of Bryan's brol message you posted on arbr. It was
Bryan who did the either in or out editing of the two messages.

skip

"skip" wrote

> As I scanned the postings it became clear to me that a lot of brol message
> board posters do, for a fact, lurk in arbr.
>
> Just an observation.

No, we just check by to see if Ed has jumped the twig as he promised
a very long time ago. But with the recent influx of morons this newsgroup
seems to be ruined for good.

"Mikael" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
"skip" wrote

> As I scanned the postings it became clear to me that a lot of brol message
> board posters do, for a fact, lurk in arbr.
>
> Just an observation.

No, we just check by to see if Ed has jumped the twig as he promised
a very long time ago. But with the recent influx of morons this newsgroup
seems to be ruined for good.

My additional observations is that you are still lurking about despite your
feelings that the newsgroup is in final ruination. Maybe it's like
roadkill. You don't want to look, but somehow you just can't seem to avert
your eyes.

skip

"Mikael" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
"skip" wrote

> As I scanned the postings it became clear to me that a lot of brol message
> board posters do, for a fact, lurk in arbr.
>
> Just an observation.

No, we just check by to see if Ed has jumped the twig as he promised
a very long time ago. But with the recent influx of morons this newsgroup
seems to be ruined for good.

Edward Dolan wrote:

Is there an implication here that I have gone from being a horse's ass to a
bird brain. Jeez! I wish you guys would make up your mind.

Moreover, I do not belong in the same category as the Monkey Islanders and
Fabrizzio Mazzoleni (I leave it to Mr. Sherman to correct me on my spelling
of the latter name). They are one note Johnnys. I range widely in my
observations and I only appeal to the few intellectuals to be found here on
ARBR. Since you are not in this select group, it does not matter to me
whether you post or lurk or whatever it is you do. We here on ARBR will just
have to struggle on without you. Our loss no doubt since there are lots of
idiots here who might be interested in what you have to say, but only if you
stay on topic of course!

By the way, it is very easy to completely ignore the Monkey Islanders if
that is what you want to do. Their posts are all just about going fast on a
bike - and I stopped doing that about 55 years ago. My main problem is that
I ride occasionally with some guys who are strictly into seeing how slow
they can go on a bike. It is pedal, then coast, coast, coast. We go so slow
that I have trouble even keeping myself upright on my recumbent. Anything
below 3 mph becomes a real test of skill. Try it sometime on a long
wheelbase recumbent with lots of tiller and you will see what I mean.

--
Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota