Some Big Race Starting Tomorrow?

B. Lafferty

Guest
I heard a rumor. Something about a big race in Italy. Anyone
here at rbr following it? Would it help it George Bush was
following it?

>From: "B. Lafferty" [email protected]

>I heard a rumor. Something about a big race in Italy.
>Anyone here at rbr following it? Would it help it George
>Bush was following it?

To be honest, I'm just burned out on the **** that has
surrounded the race for the last few years. Two positives
right up front this year. It's probably gonna be a hell of
a race between Simoni and Garzelli, the Tifosi will be
crazed, and it's dying. For me Italy is the soul of
cycling, and it's dying. Maybe a racer like Schumacher will
appear, racing for an Italian cycling team and revive the
sport the way Schumi has brought Ferrari back, but I'm
afraid that the sport is dying. The GT's have always been
almost mythical. The legends connected with the common
people, and their work ethic and craftsmanship. They could
relate. Now the disconnect is drugs, and they always
suspect every performance. Bill C

> I heard a rumor. Something about a big race in Italy.
> Anyone here at rbr following it? Would it help it George
> Bush was following it?

You know the drill.

No Lance ... No Tiger Woods ... No stock car racers ... No
pro wrestlers.

Nobody (stateside) cares.

Bob C.
P.S. I almost forgot ... No Marco. :-(

B. Lafferty wrote:
> I heard a rumor. Something about a big race in Italy.
> Anyone here at rbr following it? Would it help it George
> Bush was following it?

I'm probably gonna zip over the hill in the afternoon to
catch that Cat's Hill race in Los Gatos. There's a 23% grade
and looks like some decent teams are lining up for it.

http://www.catshill.org/

O.K. My prediction.

1. Simoni
2. Juanma Garate
3. Frigo.
4. Aitor Gonzalez
5. Stefano Garzeli

"B. Lafferty" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:NGVm-
[email protected]...
> I heard a rumor. Something about a big race in Italy.
> Anyone here at rbr following it? Would it help it George
> Bush was following it?

"psycholist" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "B. Lafferty" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:NG-
> [email protected]...
> > I heard a rumor. Something about a big race in Italy.
> > Anyone here at
rbr
> > following it? Would it help it George Bush was
> > following it?
> >

> You know the drill.
>
> No Lance ... No Tiger Woods ... No stock car racers ... No
> pro wrestlers.
>
> Nobody (stateside) cares.
>
> Bob C.
> P.S. I almost forgot ... No Marco. :-(

Excellent, and true.

Curt

> >From: "B. Lafferty" [email protected]
>
> >I heard a rumor. Something about a big race in Italy.
> >Anyone here at rbr following it? Would it help it George
> >Bush was following it?
>
> To be honest, I'm just burned out on the **** that has
> surrounded the race for the last few years. Two positives
> right up front this year. It's probably gonna be a hell
> of a race between Simoni and Garzelli, the Tifosi will be
> crazed, and it's dying. For me Italy is the soul of
> cycling, and it's dying. Maybe a racer like Schumacher
> will appear, racing for an Italian cycling team and
> revive the sport the way Schumi has brought Ferrari back,
> but I'm afraid that the sport is dying. The GT's have
> always been almost mythical. The legends connected with
> the common people, and their work ethic and
> craftsmanship. They could relate. Now the disconnect is
> drugs, and they always suspect every performance. Bill C

Mythical implies a lack of information, doesn't it? Your
common people gazing in wonder at the high priests and
their heretofore unknowable rites? Would you have burnt
out on Anquitil? Which is greater, your desire for truth
or your desire for a set of fabrications and half-truths
which we call a "story"? What's new about, as you say,
"now"? The connection was always chimeric; today the goat-lion-
snake evanesces. Would you have us whimper, "Long live the
goat-lion-snake"?

Kirby.

"psycholist" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "B. Lafferty" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:NG-
> [email protected]...
> > I heard a rumor. Something about a big race in Italy.
> > Anyone here at
rbr
> > following it? Would it help it George Bush was
> > following it?
> >

> You know the drill.
>
> No Lance ... No Tiger Woods ... No stock car racers ... No
> pro wrestlers.
>
> Nobody (stateside) cares.
>
> Bob C.
> P.S. I almost forgot ... No Marco. :-(

And yet it will still be broadcast, most days including live
coverage. Not bad for a race nobody cares about but me. I
guess they heard I wanted to watch so they decided not to
disappoint me.

"alex" <[email protected]> writes:

> O.K. My prediction.
>

> 1. Simoni
> 2. Juanma Garate
> 3. Frigo.
> 4. Aitor Gonzalez
> 5. Stefano Garzeli
>

> "B. Lafferty" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:NG-
> [email protected]...
>> I heard a rumor. Something about a big race in Italy.
>> Anyone here at rbr following it? Would it help it George
>> Bush was following it?

It must be some local ****** race.

Shoot, even Cipo managed 10th spot in the opening Power-
Trip

--
le Vent a Dos Davey Crockett Six-Day site:
http://members.rogers.com/sixday/sixday.html

"alex" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> O.K. My prediction.
>

> 1. Simoni
> 2. Juanma Garate
> 3. Frigo.
> 4. Aitor Gonzalez
> 5. Stefano Garzeli

Gonzalez @ 4 is showing big faith in a former Kelme man! I
admire the boldness of it.

I'm thinking pretty much of the daily special:

Simoni, Popovych, Garzelli in a trifecta wager!

TM wrote:

> "alex" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
> online.net...
>
>>O.K. My prediction.
>>

>>1. Simoni
>>2. Juanma Garate
>>3. Frigo.
>>4. Aitor Gonzalez
>>5. Stefano Garzeli
>>

> Gonzalez @ 4 is showing big faith in a former Kelme man! I
> admire the boldness of it.
>
> I'm thinking pretty much of the daily special:
>
> Simoni, Popovych, Garzelli in a trifecta wager!

note that both Frigo (sick) and tr-Aitor are *not* riding
this year.......

"Faster Bordello" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> note that both Frigo (sick) and tr-Aitor are *not* riding
> this year.......

Thanks for pointing that out, that moves his pick of
Gonzalez @ 4 to audacious!

I'll let him slide on Frigo because there is name that just
sounds cool and should be used more often whether the man is
actually racing or not.

TM wrote:

> I'll let him slide on Frigo because there is name that
> just sounds cool ...

No pun intended?

"TM" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> "Kyle Legate" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:2g69mfF3v7jeU1@uni-
> berlin.de...
> > TM wrote:
> > >
> > > I'll let him slide on Frigo because there is name that
> > > just sounds cool ...
> > >
> > No pun intended?
>
> Good call!

"Frigo" does in fact mean "refrigerator" in both French and
Italian... however I have been unable to confirm the rumor
that "Salvoldelli" means "broken wings."

(With that said, if Il Falco sees the sky again, I will
cheer him on.)

-Sonarrat.

"Sonarrat" <[email protected]> wrote in message

> "Frigo" does in fact mean "refrigerator" in both French
> and Italian... however I have been unable to confirm the
> rumor that "Salvoldelli" means "broken wings."
>
> (With that said, if Il Falco sees the sky again, I will
> cheer him on.)
>
> -Sonarrat.

Let's say it slowly all together:

Sa _ vo _ delli.