Some Big Race Starting Tomorrow?

In article <[email protected]>,
"Carl Sundquist" <[email protected]> wrote:

> "Benjamin Weiner" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > Carl Sundquist <[email protected]> wrote:

> > > Savodelli.
> >
> > It's Savoldelli.
> >

> Damn. I'll be teaching a seminar next week on how to type
> with one foot in your mouth.

I stand corrected (doubly) at any rate...

For a fan of his, who still gets goosebumps just from seeing
photographs of Stage 17 of the '02 Giro, I don't have his
name very secure in me head... like how I used to write a
certain famous pianist's name out as Rubenstein on
rec.music.classical...

I think the extra "l" is pretty nonetheless. ;)

-Sonarrat.

On Mon, 10 May 2004 20:52:25 -0500, "Carl Sundquist"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Let's say it slowly all together:
>
>Sa _ vo _ delli.
>
>Sa _ vo _delli.
>
>Faster now...
>
>Savodelli.
>
>Savodelli.
>
>Good!

So the first "L" is silent?

Curtis L. Russell Odenton, MD (USA) Just someone on
two wheels...

"Curtis L. Russell" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Mon, 10 May 2004 20:52:25 -0500, "Carl Sundquist" <carlsun@cox-
> internet.com> wrote:
>
> >Let's say it slowly all together:
> >
> >Sa _ vo _ delli.
> >
> >Sa _ vo _delli.
> >
> >Faster now...
> >
> >Savodelli.
> >
> >Savodelli.
> >
> >Good!
>
> So the first "L" is silent?

No, I just screwed up. All three "L"s are pronounced.

[email protected] (Sonarrat) writes:

> (With that said, if Il Falco sees the sky again, I will
> cheer him on.)

I've allways found it slightly amusing that Il Faggio
d'Angelo (Angel Face) is out of competition due to injury in
face. A bit like the namesake in the Blueberry comics. Never
seen any pics, thought.

But I'm too anxiously waiting to see him descend again. He
surely can fly.

> -Sonarrat.

MJ;

--