Some expertise in the field of endurance sports and cycling itself

Minnaert

Jun 2, 2006
Well, I am sick and tired of people claiming that FL is guilty cause of an adnormal T/E test. Who the hell ever came up with the idea of Test patch to the nuts is idiot! Yes, the german doctor has no idea what the hell he is talking about since hormone studies show that it takes an ample amount of time for T to preform its job!

Finally, this is what I wanted to post and everyone can flame away. However, if anyone knew how to read people, then Fl looks more like a deer in headlights rather than someone who is caught cheating.

Jacques Himpens MD
Boesberg, Belgium
Reply »
|
Flag for Review
9 hrs ago

As a surgeon and personal friend of Eddy Merckx, involved with his care when he was ill some 2 years ago, I really condemn the way the media burried Floyd without a trial, without giving him the chance to defend himself. The drug "testosteron" is a long acting chemical with little or no use in an acute situation. I believe that medically speaking the use of testosteron after this particular stage would not have made sense. I can imagine that the endogenous production of testosteron, which is known to increase after sexual activity, could very well appear in increased amounts in the urine after a strenuous effort like the stage to Morzine. I sincerely hope that Floyd can find medical experts to demonstrate this. In any case I still am in awe with Floyd Landis' determination and humility.

i believe people are convinced he messed up his dosage timing or masking that day, bot that he put a test patch on his nuts for that single day and it turned him into hinault and merckx combined for the stage.