Some good news, Saul Raisin will be back!



cyclingheroes

New Member
Sep 9, 2005
3,463
0
0
After all the bad news in the last couple of months here some good news. I think one of the most promising US riders is Saul Raisin. After his horror crash he is training again and wants to come back in 2007:
http://www.sport.be/nl/wielrennen/article.html?Article_ID=153352

He is one of the nicest guys in the circuit and i hope he will have a great carreer. Before his crash he was high on my list of future Grand Tour winners and if he comes back and can develope further.. Funny i never thought he wouldn't come back...

More about Saul:

http://www.saulraisin.com
 

JRMDC

New Member
Apr 26, 2005
731
0
0
cyclingheroes said:
After all the bad news in the last couple of months here some good news. I think one of the most promising US riders is Saul Raisin. After his horror crash he is training again and wants to come back in 2007
I knew little of him before his crash, but this is indeed good news, regardless of whether he regains his previous level of performance.
 

cyclingheroes

New Member
Sep 9, 2005
3,463
0
0
JRMDC said:
I knew little of him before his crash, but this is indeed good news, regardless of whether he regains his previous level of performance.
I saw him during the Tour de Suisse and the Deutschland-Tour last year and started to follow his carreer. I was very impressed how easily he climbed (ok... it looked smooth and easy). I had some sporadic e-mail contact with him after his crash and he is really a great guy with the mental power of a real champion.
 

weremichael

New Member
Jul 14, 2004
25
0
0
It's great to know he's back on the road and riding with his dad no less. Kick Ass!! I can't wait to see him race next year.


Michael
 

DiabloScott

New Member
May 15, 2003
2,284
2
38
I saw him at the top of the San Jose climb in Tour of California - he looked like he was really enjoying himself.

Raisin Hell bracelets... cute.
 

meehs

New Member
Nov 7, 2003
1,868
0
0
57
DiabloScott said:
I saw him at the top of the San Jose climb in Tour of California - he looked like he was really enjoying himself.

Raisin Hell bracelets... cute.

Did you look into his face? And if so, could you tell whether or not he was a future TdF winner? ;)
 

cyclingheroes

New Member
Sep 9, 2005
3,463
0
0
meehs said:
Did you look into his face? And if so, could you tell whether or not he was a future TdF winner? ;)
I did and yes he will win the TdF in the future (saw it in my crystal ball :D )
I never thought i would ever wear a bracelet but i have a Raisnin bracelet and wear it every day...
 

lwedge

New Member
Mar 3, 2004
1,552
1
0
Lonnie Utah said:
GO SAUL GO!!!
ALLEZ!!! ALLEZ!!! ALLEZ!!!!

ALLEZ SAUL ALLEZ!!!

GO!!! GO!!! GO!!!
:D

When I heard on the Radio (sometime around start of TdF on KNBR 680 SF) that he was back on his bike and training mind you, not just town riding, I was amazed. It seemed like only a month prior to the news he was only strong enough to stand on his feet... incredible, I would love to see this kid come back.

lw
 

JRMDC

New Member
Apr 26, 2005
731
0
0
lwedge said:
When I heard on the Radio (sometime around start of TdF on KNBR 680 SF) that he was back on his bike and training mind you, not just town riding, I was amazed. It seemed like only a month prior to the news he was only strong enough to stand on his feet... incredible, I would love to see this kid come back.

lw
Reading the description here

http://www.saulraisin.com/

I would call it a baby step, the first of many, but I would call it ongoing recovery and not training - one day on rollers and 1.5 hours on road the next day - maybe a town ride. But it doesn't matter, there is no bright line, the definitions don't matter, he has gotten on the road and we will see where his efforts take him. Doing great so far, it seems. Bravo!
 

DiabloScott

New Member
May 15, 2003
2,284
2
38
meehs said:
Did you look into his face? And if so, could you tell whether or not he was a future TdF winner? ;)

You know, he was in a small group a little ways down from the Levi/Landis group going over the top. I didn't recognize him right away, and assumed him to be French (Credit Agricole). I said "OK - You can re-group! (expecting he wouldn't understand me" and he looked at me in the eyes and smiled and then I realized he was Saul and I saw in his face that he had the stuff of a multiple GT winner running through his veins.
 

lwedge

New Member
Mar 3, 2004
1,552
1
0
DiabloScott said:
You know, he was in a small group a little ways down from the Levi/Landis group going over the top. I didn't recognize him right away, and assumed him to be French (Credit Agricole). I said "OK - You can re-group! (expecting he wouldn't understand me" and he looked at me in the eyes and smiled and then I realized he was Saul and I saw in his face that he had the stuff of a multiple GT winner running through his veins.
Very cool.

Was this the hill ?

Saul and Tom Danielson in ToC. This picture is on his WS.

lw
 

bobke

New Member
Oct 3, 2004
2,134
1
0
lwedge said:
Very cool.

Was this the hill ?

Saul and Tom Danielson in ToC. This picture is on his WS.

lw
Danielson is breathing a lot harder than Saul!!

RAISIN HELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 

DiabloScott

New Member
May 15, 2003
2,284
2
38
lwedge said:
Very cool.

Was this the hill ?

Saul and Tom Danielson in ToC. This picture is on his WS.

lw

Could be, but there were a lot of people near the top where I was: (this isn't Saul)

Sierra%20Photo.jpg
 

Bro Deal

New Member
Jun 26, 2006
6,698
2
0
Not to throw cold water on Raisin's recovery, but I thought he crashed when he had some sort of siezure, which had happened before. What happens if he suffers another episode while racing?
 

cyclingheroes

New Member
Sep 9, 2005
3,463
0
0
Bro Deal said:
Not to throw cold water on Raisin's recovery, but I thought he crashed when he had some sort of siezure, which had happened before. What happens if he suffers another episode while racing?
I remember that, i don't have the links anymore but there where several reports after that where it was said it didn't have anything to do with the "siezure" he had in the past.
 

Similar threads