some help/advice for "temporary living"

Discussion in 'The Bike Cafe' started by shming123, Aug 15, 2005.

1. shming123

shming123 New Member

Ok, its like this... I live in Wisconsin and want to do race Nationals in Utah in June. Everything being ideal, I'd like to go out to Utah and live out there for like 1-2 months before hand to train and get acclimated to the altitude. Obviously, I'm not going to live in a hotel for that time. The only think I can think of is an apartment. Or is there a way to find a 'host' home? etc..? if anyone has any other advice even slightly relating to this, it is greatly appreciated.

Tags:

2. shannons dad

shannons dad New Member

Depending on wether or not you can drive, have you considered hiring a motorhome, or if I spelt it right, a winnibego as they're called in your part of the world. Just an idea.

Bill.

3. shming123

shming123 New Member

sounds interesting. (yes, I can drive.) what do you mean? Like fly out there, and rent one out?

4. shannons dad

shannons dad New Member

Yup. Unfortunately I'm not too clued up about the distance between you and the race or how much all that would cost but, if you have the money, why not? OK, you don't get room-service, but, every morning, you can wake up to nice clean air, miles from anywhere. You can come and go as you please, you can keep your bike inside at night so it won't go missing and if you get bored of being parked up in one place, simply drive to another place.

Bill.

5. shming123

shming123 New Member

Any other ideas? I've looked up the price and it is far to expensive to rent one of those...far more than an apartment.

6. shannons dad

shannons dad New Member

A hamock...maybe...:D

Bill.

7. dgregory57

dgregory57 New Member

It really depends on what you want, and are willing to put up with... A couple of options (if available in the location you are looking at) arranged in assumed level of luxury (most to least):

Rooms for rent or share a house (this latter is usually longer term).

Hostels are another potential if you don't mind a dorm style accomodation.

Camping would be another option if you are willing to rough it for a month or two.