Some husbands CAN be trained (NSV of sorts)

Laura wrote:

> If I saw my husband cleaning a bathroom I'd think that. Cooking is his thing not mine.

Men do not clean bathrooms. That gene is missing - part of the X leg that fell off to make
them XY! ;P

Click on Kate's Pages and explore!

Laura wrote:

> Thanks PR. It is rubbing off on him in other ways. I see that he has reduced all of our portion
> sizes now that he has learned what is "normal". He's not trying to lose weight. He could stand to
> lose a bunch himself. He wants to do it "his way".

Well, if he's serving himself smaller portions, it's a very good step in the right direction. If
those are portions of healthier, lower fat/sugar/salt foods, that is even better. Every little
helps! Next thing is to get him to join you in some exercise!

Click on Kate's Pages and explore!

MIne has not learned to count points. I'm just glad that he is using the measuring ladles that I
bought. He did not in the beginning. Now that I have lost 30+ pounds he realises that I am serious
about losing the weight. My DH does all of the cooking here too. He's been "Mr Mom" for about 12
years now. I'm the bread winner and he {attempt to} keep house. <g> He does the primary shopping,
laundry and cooking. He does a half attempt at cleaning.

"Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
berlin.de...
> DH only has two vices on a regular basis, butter cookies and chocolate pieces, it doesn't bother
> me, He figured out the points without me even asking, so one day when I inquired as to the points
> he already knew. I
was
> not interest AT ALL after that, Lee, who is eternally grateful DH does the cooking Laura
> <[email protected]> wrote in message news:HM3Mb.12317$6y6.351020@bgtnsc05-
> news.ops.worldnet.att.net...
> > I go up to bed before my DH does most nights. I hear him hitting the
> refrig
> > after I go upstairs. Not a problem for me. I can also live with him
having
> > bowl of ice cream each night. Just as long as I have my Skinny cow I am happy.
> >
> > "Elaine Kirkham" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > > That was a wonderful NSV, Laura. The only thing my hubby will do when
he
> > > wants something that he knows I shouldn't have is to hide things - as long as I don't know he
> > > has it, I won't want it - and he's right! Elaine K

> > portion
> > lean
Very
> > pts)
> (1pt).

> from
> > me
> garbage.
> > He
> off
> > on
> meant

"Kate Dicey" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Laura wrote:
>

> > Hubby has always cooked dinner and tends to dish out large portions.
Between
> > all of the fast food dinners at 8pm on my way home from work plus his
large
> > portions he's a major contributor of my 70 pounds gained in the past 5 years. I bought the WW
> > measuring ladles last fall. Great invention.
Makes
> > controling portions very easy. I bought 2 sets. One for here and one for
my
> > mother's house where we spend the summer.
> >
> > We love chili and with it being so cold here (0 to 10 degrees with -15 degree wind chill
> > factors) it was a nice warmer-upper.
>
> Chilli is a sort of internal hot water bottle!

You bet. Today's lunch will be a Taco salad (without chips). Like Wendy's. Hot chili over salad.

sorry to disappoint you but mine does, if I ask, Lee, who tries not to ask
Kate Dicey <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Laura wrote:
> >
> > If I saw my husband cleaning a bathroom I'd think that. Cooking is his
thing
> > not mine.
>
> Men do not clean bathrooms. That gene is missing - part of the X leg that fell off to make
> them XY! ;P
> --

> Lady Catherine, Wardrobe Mistress of the Chocolate Buttons http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk
> Click on Kate's Pages and explore!

"Kate Dicey" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Laura wrote:
> >
> > Thanks PR. It is rubbing off on him in other ways. I see that he has
reduced
> > all of our portion sizes now that he has learned what is "normal". He's
not
> > trying to lose weight. He could stand to lose a bunch himself. He wants
> > do it "his way".
>
> Well, if he's serving himself smaller portions, it's a very good step in the right direction. If
> those are portions of healthier, lower fat/sugar/salt foods, that is even better. Every little
> helps! Next thing is to get him to join you in some exercise!

We are certainly eating a lot less pasta, rice and potatoes since I joined WW. Portions are smaller
for everyone too. As for exercise, he'll walk with me in the summer time because the streets are
flat at my mother's house. It is also our time together away from her each night. Here, there are
too many hills so neither of us like walking. I'd rather do curves with the girls. Its also too cold
now to walk.

Bathrooms get dirty? I did not know that..............

On Sun, 11 Jan 2004 21:33:22 +0000, Kate Dicey <[email protected]> wrote:

>Laura wrote:
>>
>> If I saw my husband cleaning a bathroom I'd think that. Cooking is his thing not mine.
>
>Men do not clean bathrooms. That gene is missing - part of the X leg that fell off to make
>them XY! ;P

Wow Ray, thanks for sharing that. Interesting!

--

~Kristin O~
272/242.2/172

"ray miller" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Sun, 11 Jan 2004 15:57:54 +0000, Kate Dicey <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >Chilli is a sort of internal hot water bottle!
>
> You are right! It's supposed to help with weightloss 'cos it's thermogenic.
> http://www.obesityguidelines.gov.au/pdf/adults_part10.pdf
>
> Which is good 'cos I love chilli
>
> Ray
>
> --
> rmnsuk overall - 273/207/182

We both work, but I do laundry, and kitchen cleaning, he does cooking and
small home repairs, he takes most mechanical things, I clean and when I get
to a part I need his help he does help. I try and do most of it for two
reasons. First there are things he has to do because I can not see, like
bills and second, he could care less about most cleaning. If I get
something done as I can then it just takes him a few minutes to finish it
off and we are both happier doing it this way. We have no children so that
is not a concern. Lee
Laura <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> MIne has not learned to count points. I'm just glad that he is using the measuring ladles that I
> bought. He did not in the beginning. Now that I
have
> lost 30+ pounds he realises that I am serious about losing the weight. My
DH
> does all of the cooking here too. He's been "Mr Mom" for about 12 years
now.
> I'm the bread winner and he {attempt to} keep house. <g> He does the
primary
> shopping, laundry and cooking. He does a half attempt at cleaning.
>
> "Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
> berlin.de...
> > DH only has two vices on a regular basis, butter cookies and chocolate pieces, it doesn't bother
> > me, He figured out the points without me even asking, so one day when I inquired as to the
> > points he already knew. I
> was
> > not interest AT ALL after that, Lee, who is eternally grateful DH does
the
> > cooking Laura <[email protected]> wrote in message news:HM3Mb.12317$6y6.351020@bgtnsc05-
> > news.ops.worldnet.att.net...
> > > I go up to bed before my DH does most nights. I hear him hitting the
> > refrig
> > > after I go upstairs. Not a problem for me. I can also live with him
> having
> > > bowl of ice cream each night. Just as long as I have my Skinny cow I
am
> > > happy.
> > >
> > > "Elaine Kirkham" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > > news:[email protected]...
> he

> > > portion
> > > lean
> Very
> > > pts)
> > (1pt).

> the
> > from
> > > me
> > garbage.
> > > He
> > off
> > > on
> > meant

Mine too. My problem is I can see only too well and don't have the ability to do a lot about it. Jim
does the vacuuming, floors and heavy stuff, I do the paperwork, finances, cooking and dishwasher, oh
and laundry.

--
Helen

Thanks be unto God for His wonderful gift: Jesus Christ, the only begotten Son of God is the object
of our faith; the only faith that saves is faith in Him

<>< ><> www.peagramfamily.com http://www.mompeagram.homestead.com/

[email protected]

225/190/145

Miss Violette wrote:

> sorry to disappoint you but mine does, if I ask, Lee, who tries not to ask

Betcha he didn't before yah trained him! ;D My brother does, but then he was trained by my mum, and
he lives alone. But it ain't nat'ral!

Laura wrote:

> MIne has not learned to count points. I'm just glad that he is using the measuring ladles that I
> bought. He did not in the beginning. Now that I have lost 30+ pounds he realises that I am serious
> about losing the weight. My DH does all of the cooking here too. He's been "Mr Mom" for about 12
> years now. I'm the bread winner and he {attempt to} keep house. <g> He does the primary shopping,
> laundry and cooking. He does a half attempt at cleaning.

Mine is the major earner, and the shopper. I hate grocery shopping almost to the point that if it
was left to me, we'd go hungry! I draw up a menu and a shopping list every week or so, and he goes
out and hunts down the elusive low fat sausages and the Persil monster... ;)

DH also does most of the ironing! I attempt to keep abreast of the housework, nag the lad into
approximate tidiness, and do most of the washing and cooking. I get a bit more time at home for
these things as I work here!

DH hasn't learned the points system yet, but he' slim enough not to need to. Being diabetic means he
keeps a reasonably good eye on what he eats anyway. The only one I am seriously concerned about is
our son, but he eats well and sensibly most of the time! I do have to reign in his chocolate habit,
as, like a lot of 9 YO's, he'd be happy to eat it until he was sick! They are both very good at NOT
offering me sweet or fatty things if there is a slimline version, and luckily I have little liking
for crisps/chips and other such things, sodas, or other fat inducing munchies - other then chocolate
and nuts! I'm very bad at those!

Click on Kate's Pages and explore!

LOL!

> Bathrooms get dirty? I did not know that..............
>
> On Sun, 11 Jan 2004 21:33:22 +0000, Kate Dicey <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >Laura wrote:
> >>
> >> If I saw my husband cleaning a bathroom I'd think that. Cooking is his
thing
> >> not mine.
> >
> >Men do not clean bathrooms. That gene is missing - part of the X leg that fell off to make
> >them XY! ;P

lol, Lee
Fred <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Bathrooms get dirty? I did not know that..............
>
> On Sun, 11 Jan 2004 21:33:22 +0000, Kate Dicey <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >Laura wrote:
> >>
> >> If I saw my husband cleaning a bathroom I'd think that. Cooking is his
thing
> >> not mine.
> >
> >Men do not clean bathrooms. That gene is missing - part of the X leg that fell off to make
> >them XY! ;P

Our bathroom gets dirty. Then our cleaner comes to clean it :) We are both somewhat allergic to
house cleaning.

--
Julie.
93.5/72.3/74 (WW)/72 (Personal) kg

Here's our FAQ: http://www.didian.com/asdww/ and welcome notice:
http://www.geocities.com/welcomenotice/index.html

> Bathrooms get dirty? I did not know that..............
>
> On Sun, 11 Jan 2004 21:33:22 +0000, Kate Dicey <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >Laura wrote:
> >>
> >> If I saw my husband cleaning a bathroom I'd think that. Cooking is his
thing
> >> not mine.
> >
> >Men do not clean bathrooms. That gene is missing - part of the X leg that fell off to make
> >them XY! ;P

That is a nice split of duties when both people work. He only works a couple of hours a day so he
should be doing more work around the house than me. Cleaning is definitely not his strong point.

"Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
berlin.de...
> We both work, but I do laundry, and kitchen cleaning, he does cooking and small home repairs, he
> takes most mechanical things, I clean and when I
get
> to a part I need his help he does help. I try and do most of it for two reasons. First there are
> things he has to do because I can not see, like bills and second, he could care less about most
> cleaning. If I get something done as I can then it just takes him a few minutes to finish it off
> and we are both happier doing it this way. We have no children so
that
> is not a concern. Lee Laura <[email protected]> wrote in message news:FJdMb.3222$VS4.100869@bgtnsc04-
> news.ops.worldnet.att.net...
> > MIne has not learned to count points. I'm just glad that he is using the measuring ladles that I
> > bought. He did not in the beginning. Now that I
> have
> > lost 30+ pounds he realises that I am serious about losing the weight.
My
> DH
> > does all of the cooking here too. He's been "Mr Mom" for about 12 years
> now.
> > I'm the bread winner and he {attempt to} keep house. <g> He does the
> primary
> > shopping, laundry and cooking. He does a half attempt at cleaning.
> >
> > "Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
> > berlin.de...
> > > DH only has two vices on a regular basis, butter cookies and chocolate pieces, it doesn't
> > > bother me, He figured out the points without me
even
> > > asking, so one day when I inquired as to the points he already knew.
> > was
> > > not interest AT ALL after that, Lee, who is eternally grateful DH does
> the
> > > cooking Laura <[email protected]> wrote in message news:HM3Mb.12317$6y6.351020@bgtnsc05-
> > > news.ops.worldnet.att.net...
> > > refrig
> > having
> am

> when
> > he
> as

> with
> > Very
> (3
> > > (1pt).

> popcorn.
> > the
> > > from
> > > garbage.
> rubbing
> > > off
> > > meant

it is always interesting to me to see how this works out for couples. It
brings home the quote I read a while back about there being no "normal"
Lee, who insists on doing the laundry,,,
LIMEYNO1 <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:D[email protected]...
> Mine too. My problem is I can see only too well and don't have the
ability
> to do a lot about it. Jim does the vacuuming, floors and heavy stuff, I
do
> the paperwork, finances, cooking and dishwasher, oh and laundry.
>
> --
> Helen
>
> Thanks be unto God for His wonderful gift: Jesus Christ, the only begotten Son of God is the
> object of our faith; the only faith that saves is faith in Him
>
> <>< ><> www.peagramfamily.com http://www.mompeagram.homestead.com/
>
> [email protected]
>
> 225/190/145
>

> "Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
> berlin.de...
> > sorry to disappoint you but mine does, if I ask, Lee, who tries not to
ask
> > Kate Dicey <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
> > online.co.uk...

> > thing
> > >
> > > Men do not clean bathrooms. That gene is missing - part of the X leg that fell off to make
> > > them XY! ;P
> > > --

> > > Lady Catherine, Wardrobe Mistress of the Chocolate Buttons http://www.diceyhome.free-
> > > online.co.uk Click on Kate's Pages and explore!

hey I didn't say it was natural, but he came this way, think his mom did it,
and I know his dad was this way. DH is 50 and I was weirded out that when
we met he could grocery shop, and do it right, coupons, sales blabla, he
then informed me that his father always did the shopping, now you want to
talk about unnatural. I don't hick my dad ever went into a store that was
bigger than a corner market until I was out of grade school, Lee