Some interesting news in Pantani's case

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Davide Tosi, Feb 19, 2004.

  1. Davide Tosi

    Davide Tosi Guest

    According to a relative of him, other than sniffing coke, the elephantina used to smoke crack as
    well. The fact that mixing that stuff with antidepressants leaded to brain and lung edema should be
    of no surprise at all!

    Tags:

  2. Jtn

    Jtn Guest

    is smoking crack bad? oh shit, how much?

    "Davide Tosi" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > According to a relative of him, other than sniffing coke, the elephantina used to smoke crack as
    > well. The fact that mixing that stuff with antidepressants leaded to brain and lung edema should
    > be of no surprise at all!

  3. Your source for this would be....???

    "Davide Tosi" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > According to a relative of him, other than sniffing coke, the elephantina used to smoke crack as
    > well. The fact that mixing that stuff with antidepressants leaded to brain and lung edema should
    > be of no surprise at all!

  4. On 02/19/2004 06:09 PM, in article
    [email protected], "Brian Phillips"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Your source for this would be....???

    According to cyclingnews.com (http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2004/feb04/feb20news), the
    source was the weekly magazine "Panorama" ...

    > "Davide Tosi" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    >> According to a relative of him, other than sniffing coke, the elephantina used to smoke crack as
    >> well. The fact that mixing that stuff with antidepressants leaded to brain and lung edema should
    >> be of no surprise at all!

    dot veloworks dot com [four word] slash

  5. David

    David Guest

    Well, I'll wait till the autopsy comes out, but if the died because of coke (or crack as I've read)
    then oh well.......I feel sorry for his family but not him.

    Regardless of your "demons" I'm a firm believer that this is a conscious decision you make. Seek
    help or hit the pipe? Il Tubo!!! I've had some real dark days in my life...we all do to a certain
    degree...but I don't subscribe to the "substance abuse is a disease" school of thought AT ALL.

    "Brian Phillips" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > Your source for this would be....???
    >

    > "Davide Tosi" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > According to a relative of him, other than sniffing coke, the elephantina used to smoke crack as
    > > well. The fact that mixing that stuff with antidepressants leaded to brain and lung edema should
    > > be of no surprise at all!

  6. Benjo Maso

    Benjo Maso Guest

    "David" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Well, I'll wait till the autopsy comes out, but if the died because of coke (or crack as I've
    > read) then oh well.......I feel sorry for his family but not him.
    >
    > Regardless of your "demons" I'm a firm believer that this is a conscious decision you make. Seek
    > help or hit the pipe? Il Tubo!!! I've had some real dark days in my life...we all do to a certain
    > degree...but I don't subscribe to the "substance abuse is a disease" school of thought AT ALL.

    "Some real dark days" to a serious real depression is a cold to a double pneunomia.

    Benjo Maso

  7. Tom Kunich

    Tom Kunich Guest

    "benjo maso" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > "David" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Well, I'll wait till the autopsy comes out, but if the died because of coke (or crack as I've
    > > read) then oh well.......I feel sorry for his family but not him.
    > >
    > > Regardless of your "demons" I'm a firm believer that this is a conscious decision you make. Seek
    > > help or hit the pipe? Il Tubo!!! I've had some real dark days in my life...we all do to a
    > > certain degree...but I don't subscribe to the "substance abuse is a disease" school of thought
    > > AT ALL.
    >
    > "Some real dark days" to a serious real depression is a cold to a double pneunomia.

    That is an understatement. I was taking some drugs for my ulser one time and it turned out that they
    could cause depression. It came on suddenly one day and let me tell you, YOU DON'T WANT THAT to
    happen to you.

    My reaction was to realize that I'm pretty happy-go-lucky and something was drastically wrong, so I
    looked the couple of medications I was taking up and sure enough. But still it took something like
    two weeks to go away and man was that scary.

  8. Jtn

    Jtn Guest

    come on, HOW SCARY was it. give us some good details.

  9. David

    David Guest

    Let me rephrase that. I'VE had some REAL dark days. I guess I can't speak for anyone else but
    myself. Though I'm not about to open my medical history up to f'ing newsgroup, I know what
    depression is. I also know what some drugs can do.

    I'm not boasting to have stronger will than others. I'm saying, whether by the power of something
    greater than I or sheer luck, I stayed away from booze and drugs when the going got tough. All I'm
    really saying is all these posts about "poor Marco" are iritating because this guy was a crack
    addict! Am I the only one here who sees this as unexcusable behavior? Repeat this to yourself out
    loud: THE.GUY.WAS.SMOKING.CRACK. Sheesh......

    "benjo maso" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]
    berlin.de>...
    > "David" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Well, I'll wait till the autopsy comes out, but if the died because of coke (or crack as I've
    > > read) then oh well.......I feel sorry for his family but not him.
    > >
    > > Regardless of your "demons" I'm a firm believer that this is a conscious decision you make. Seek
    > > help or hit the pipe? Il Tubo!!! I've had some real dark days in my life...we all do to a
    > > certain degree...but I don't subscribe to the "substance abuse is a disease" school of thought
    > > AT ALL.
    >

    > "Some real dark days" to a serious real depression is a cold to a double pneunomia.
    >
    > Benjo Maso

  10. Benjo Maso

    Benjo Maso Guest

    "David" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Let me rephrase that. I'VE had some REAL dark days. I guess I can't speak for anyone else but
    > myself. Though I'm not about to open my medical history up to f'ing newsgroup, I know what
    > depression is. I also know what some drugs can do.
    >
    > I'm not boasting to have stronger will than others. I'm saying, whether by the power of something
    > greater than I or sheer luck, I stayed away from booze and drugs when the going got tough. All I'm
    > really saying is all these posts about "poor Marco" are iritating because this guy was a crack
    > addict! Am I the only one here who sees this as unexcusable behavior? Repeat this to yourself out
    > loud: THE.GUY.WAS.SMOKING.CRACK. Sheesh......

    If you know what it is to be depressed, your posting is incomprehensible. Somebody in deep
    depression isn't amenable to reason anymore, and is willing to try anything to get out of his
    condition, drugs in the first place. And if there is nobody to stop him ...

    Benjo Maso

  11. B. Lafferty

    B. Lafferty Guest

    "benjo maso" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > "David" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Let me rephrase that. I'VE had some REAL dark days. I guess I can't speak for anyone else but
    > > myself. Though I'm not about to open my medical history up to f'ing newsgroup, I know what
    > > depression is. I also know what some drugs can do.
    > >
    > > I'm not boasting to have stronger will than others. I'm saying, whether by the power of
    > > something greater than I or sheer luck, I stayed away from booze and drugs when the going got
    > > tough. All I'm really saying is all these posts about "poor Marco" are iritating because this
    > > guy was a crack addict! Am I the only one here who sees this as unexcusable behavior? Repeat
    > > this to yourself out loud: THE.GUY.WAS.SMOKING.CRACK. Sheesh......
    >

    > If you know what it is to be depressed, your posting is incomprehensible. Somebody in deep
    > depression isn't amenable to reason anymore, and is
    willing
    > to try anything to get out of his condition, drugs in the first place. And if there is nobody to
    > stop him ...

    ........they either die or get lucky, like Obree. May Marco find peace and comfort where he is.

  12. Dave

    Dave Guest

    "David" <girotourvuelta[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Let me rephrase that. I'VE had some REAL dark days. I guess I can't speak for anyone else but
    > myself. Though I'm not about to open my medical history up to f'ing newsgroup, I know what
    > depression is. I also know what some drugs can do.
    >
    > I'm not boasting to have stronger will than others. I'm saying, whether by the power of something
    > greater than I or sheer luck, I stayed away from booze and drugs when the going got tough. All I'm
    > really saying is all these posts about "poor Marco" are iritating because this guy was a crack
    > addict! Am I the only one here who sees this as unexcusable behavior? Repeat this to yourself out
    > loud: THE.GUY.WAS.SMOKING.CRACK. Sheesh......

    understand the craving and what becomes of it. Stick with whatever it is that you think you know
    about life.

    Dave (13 years removed from my last hit off the pipe)

  13. Benjo Maso

    Benjo Maso Guest

    > "David" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Let me rephrase that. I'VE had some REAL dark days. I guess I can't speak for anyone else but
    > > myself. Though I'm not about to open my medical history up to f'ing newsgroup, I know what
    > > depression is. I also know what some drugs can do.
    > >
    > > I'm not boasting to have stronger will than others. I'm saying, whether by the power of
    > > something greater than I or sheer luck, I stayed away from booze and drugs when the going got
    > > tough. All I'm really saying is all these posts about "poor Marco" are iritating because this
    > > guy was a crack addict! Am I the only one here who sees this as unexcusable behavior? Repeat
    > > this to yourself out loud: THE.GUY.WAS.SMOKING.CRACK. Sheesh......

    addiction, nor do you
    > understand the craving and what becomes of it. Stick with whatever it is
    that you think you know
    > about life.

    How telling that you're answering your own posting....

    Benjo Maso

  14. D L

    D L Guest

    Snappy comeback, Dave. Why is you assume to know anything about MY life when in fact you do not.

    Eat it.

    addiction, nor do you
    > understand the craving and what becomes of it. Stick with whatever it is
    that you think you know
    > about life.
    >
    > Dave (13 years removed from my last hit off the pipe)

  15. Dave

    Dave Guest

    "David" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Let me rephrase that. I'VE had some REAL dark days. I guess I can't speak for anyone else but
    > myself. Though I'm not about to open my medical history up to f'ing newsgroup, I know what
    > depression is. I also know what some drugs can do.
    >
    > I'm not boasting to have stronger will than others. I'm saying, whether by the power of something
    > greater than I or sheer luck, I stayed away from booze and drugs when the going got tough. All I'm
    > really saying is all these posts about "poor Marco" are iritating because this guy was a crack
    > addict! Am I the only one here who sees this as unexcusable behavior? Repeat this to yourself out
    > loud: THE.GUY.WAS.SMOKING.CRACK. Sheesh......
    >
    > "benjo maso" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > > "David" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > > > Well, I'll wait till the autopsy comes out, but if the died because of coke (or crack as I've
    > > > read) then oh well.......I feel sorry for his family but not him.
    > > >
    > > > Regardless of your "demons" I'm a firm believer that this is a conscious decision you make.
    > > > Seek help or hit the pipe? Il Tubo!!! I've had some real dark days in my life...we all do to a
    > > > certain degree...but I don't subscribe to the "substance abuse is a disease" school of thought
    > > > AT ALL.
    > >

    > > "Some real dark days" to a serious real depression is a cold to a double pneunomia.
    > >
    > > Benjo Maso

  16. Dave

    Dave Guest

    "D L" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Snappy comeback, Dave. Why is you assume to know anything about MY life when in fact you do not.
    >
    > Eat it.

    If in fact you knew anything about drug addiction then you wouldn't spew forth the crap you did, I
    did not profess to know anything about your life, nor do I care to, I just said stick with what
    you know Dave

  17. Dave

    Dave Guest

    "benjo maso" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > "Dave" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > >
    > > "David" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > > > Let me rephrase that. I'VE had some REAL dark days. I guess I can't speak for anyone else but
    > > > myself. Though I'm not about to open my medical history up to f'ing newsgroup, I know what
    > > > depression is. I also know what some drugs can do.
    > > >
    > > > I'm not boasting to have stronger will than others. I'm saying, whether by the power of
    > > > something greater than I or sheer luck, I stayed away from booze and drugs when the going got
    > > > tough. All I'm really saying is all these posts about "poor Marco" are iritating because this
    > > > guy was a crack addict! Am I the only one here who sees this as unexcusable behavior? Repeat
    > > > this to yourself out loud: THE.GUY.WAS.SMOKING.CRACK. Sheesh......
    > >

    > addiction, nor do you
    > > understand the craving and what becomes of it. Stick with whatever it is
    > that you think you know
    > > about life.
    >

    > How telling that you're answering your own posting....
    >
    > Benjo Maso

    Uh Benjo, two different people, check the e-mail addys Dave

  18. Benjo Maso

    Benjo Maso Guest

    news:%[email protected]...

    > "benjo maso" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    > berlin.de...
    > >
    > > "Dave" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > >
    > > > "David" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > > news:[email protected]...

    > > addiction, nor do you
    > > > understand the craving and what becomes of it. Stick with whatever it
    is
    > > that you think you know
    > > > about life.
    > >

    > > How telling that you're answering your own posting....
    > >
    > > Benjo Maso
    >
    > Uh Benjo, two different people, check the e-mail addys

    I'm sorry! My only excuse is that is was eleven to five in the morning....

    Benjo Maso

  19. D L

    D L Guest

    BTW, I know plenty about addiction, so spare me the condescension though I am amused at your
    judgement of what I know and what I don't know.

    If someone continues to suck on a pipe, or bump a few lines, or whatever......whether they have the
    will to recognize the problem when they're sober and act on it or not.....why should that person be
    placed in the "aww...poor guy...how sad" category?

    "Dave" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > "D L" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > > Snappy comeback, Dave. Why is you assume to know anything about MY
    life
    > > when in fact you do not.
    > >
    > > Eat it.
    >
    > If in fact you knew anything about drug addiction then you wouldn't spew
    forth the crap you did, I
    > did not profess to know anything about your life, nor do I care to, I just
    said stick with what you
    > know Dave

  20. Dave

    Dave Guest

    "D L" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > BTW, I know plenty about addiction, so spare me the condescension though I am amused at your
    > judgement of what I know and what I don't know.
    >
    > If someone continues to suck on a pipe, or bump a few lines, or whatever......whether they have
    > the will to recognize the problem when they're sober and act on it or not.....why should that
    > person be placed in the "aww...poor guy...how sad" category?

    I will repeat it again, just by your statements, you show your lack of knowledge on the subject,
    addiction has absolutely nothing to do with "your will" or your "willpower". I never said he should
    be placed in any category other than that of someone diagnosed (clinically) with depression and that
    of someone addicted to smoking cocaine. Do you realize that most addicts while they are sucking on a
    pipe, know at that moment that is is wrong and can't stop? I certainly did, and all of the willpower
    that I could muster never got me to put that pipe down. You said you don't acknowledge what has been
    medically proven that drug addiction and alcoholism are a "disease" of addiction. Then by all means
    share with us your expertise and your studies on the subject and please show us where we can be
    directed to your studies on the subject.

    Dave