Some interesting news in Pantani's case

Davide Tosi

Guest
According to a relative of him, other than sniffing coke, the elephantina used to smoke crack as
well. The fact that mixing that stuff with antidepressants leaded to brain and lung edema should be
of no surprise at all!

is smoking crack bad? oh ****, how much?

"Davide Tosi" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> According to a relative of him, other than sniffing coke, the elephantina used to smoke crack as
> well. The fact that mixing that stuff with antidepressants leaded to brain and lung edema should
> be of no surprise at all!

Your source for this would be....???

"Davide Tosi" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> According to a relative of him, other than sniffing coke, the elephantina used to smoke crack as
> well. The fact that mixing that stuff with antidepressants leaded to brain and lung edema should
> be of no surprise at all!

On 02/19/2004 06:09 PM, in article
[email protected], "Brian Phillips"
<[email protected]> wrote:

> Your source for this would be....???

According to cyclingnews.com (http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2004/feb04/feb20news), the
source was the weekly magazine "Panorama" ...

> "Davide Tosi" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> According to a relative of him, other than sniffing coke, the elephantina used to smoke crack as
>> well. The fact that mixing that stuff with antidepressants leaded to brain and lung edema should
>> be of no surprise at all!

dot veloworks dot com [four word] slash

Well, I'll wait till the autopsy comes out, but if the died because of coke (or crack as I've read)
then oh well.......I feel sorry for his family but not him.

Regardless of your "demons" I'm a firm believer that this is a conscious decision you make. Seek
help or hit the pipe? Il Tubo!!! I've had some real dark days in my life...we all do to a certain
degree...but I don't subscribe to the "substance abuse is a disease" school of thought AT ALL.

"Brian Phillips" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> Your source for this would be....???
>

> "Davide Tosi" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > According to a relative of him, other than sniffing coke, the elephantina used to smoke crack as
> > well. The fact that mixing that stuff with antidepressants leaded to brain and lung edema should
> > be of no surprise at all!

"David" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Well, I'll wait till the autopsy comes out, but if the died because of coke (or crack as I've
> read) then oh well.......I feel sorry for his family but not him.
>
> Regardless of your "demons" I'm a firm believer that this is a conscious decision you make. Seek
> help or hit the pipe? Il Tubo!!! I've had some real dark days in my life...we all do to a certain
> degree...but I don't subscribe to the "substance abuse is a disease" school of thought AT ALL.

"Some real dark days" to a serious real depression is a cold to a double pneunomia.

Benjo Maso

"benjo maso" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "David" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Well, I'll wait till the autopsy comes out, but if the died because of coke (or crack as I've
> > read) then oh well.......I feel sorry for his family but not him.
> >
> > Regardless of your "demons" I'm a firm believer that this is a conscious decision you make. Seek
> > help or hit the pipe? Il Tubo!!! I've had some real dark days in my life...we all do to a
> > certain degree...but I don't subscribe to the "substance abuse is a disease" school of thought
> > AT ALL.
>
> "Some real dark days" to a serious real depression is a cold to a double pneunomia.

That is an understatement. I was taking some drugs for my ulser one time and it turned out that they
could cause depression. It came on suddenly one day and let me tell you, YOU DON'T WANT THAT to
happen to you.

My reaction was to realize that I'm pretty happy-go-lucky and something was drastically wrong, so I
looked the couple of medications I was taking up and sure enough. But still it took something like
two weeks to go away and man was that scary.

Let me rephrase that. I'VE had some REAL dark days. I guess I can't speak for anyone else but
myself. Though I'm not about to open my medical history up to f'ing newsgroup, I know what
depression is. I also know what some drugs can do.

I'm not boasting to have stronger will than others. I'm saying, whether by the power of something
greater than I or sheer luck, I stayed away from booze and drugs when the going got tough. All I'm
really saying is all these posts about "poor Marco" are iritating because this guy was a crack
addict! Am I the only one here who sees this as unexcusable behavior? Repeat this to yourself out
loud: THE.GUY.WAS.SMOKING.CRACK. Sheesh......

"benjo maso" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]
berlin.de>...
> "David" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Well, I'll wait till the autopsy comes out, but if the died because of coke (or crack as I've
> > read) then oh well.......I feel sorry for his family but not him.
> >
> > Regardless of your "demons" I'm a firm believer that this is a conscious decision you make. Seek
> > help or hit the pipe? Il Tubo!!! I've had some real dark days in my life...we all do to a
> > certain degree...but I don't subscribe to the "substance abuse is a disease" school of thought
> > AT ALL.
>

> "Some real dark days" to a serious real depression is a cold to a double pneunomia.
>
> Benjo Maso

"David" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Let me rephrase that. I'VE had some REAL dark days. I guess I can't speak for anyone else but
> myself. Though I'm not about to open my medical history up to f'ing newsgroup, I know what
> depression is. I also know what some drugs can do.
>
> I'm not boasting to have stronger will than others. I'm saying, whether by the power of something
> greater than I or sheer luck, I stayed away from booze and drugs when the going got tough. All I'm
> really saying is all these posts about "poor Marco" are iritating because this guy was a crack
> addict! Am I the only one here who sees this as unexcusable behavior? Repeat this to yourself out
> loud: THE.GUY.WAS.SMOKING.CRACK. Sheesh......

If you know what it is to be depressed, your posting is incomprehensible. Somebody in deep
depression isn't amenable to reason anymore, and is willing to try anything to get out of his
condition, drugs in the first place. And if there is nobody to stop him ...

Benjo Maso

"benjo maso" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "David" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Let me rephrase that. I'VE had some REAL dark days. I guess I can't speak for anyone else but
> > myself. Though I'm not about to open my medical history up to f'ing newsgroup, I know what
> > depression is. I also know what some drugs can do.
> >
> > I'm not boasting to have stronger will than others. I'm saying, whether by the power of
> > something greater than I or sheer luck, I stayed away from booze and drugs when the going got
> > tough. All I'm really saying is all these posts about "poor Marco" are iritating because this
> > guy was a crack addict! Am I the only one here who sees this as unexcusable behavior? Repeat
> > this to yourself out loud: THE.GUY.WAS.SMOKING.CRACK. Sheesh......
>

> If you know what it is to be depressed, your posting is incomprehensible. Somebody in deep
> depression isn't amenable to reason anymore, and is
willing
> to try anything to get out of his condition, drugs in the first place. And if there is nobody to
> stop him ...

........they either die or get lucky, like Obree. May Marco find peace and comfort where he is.

"David" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Let me rephrase that. I'VE had some REAL dark days. I guess I can't speak for anyone else but
> myself. Though I'm not about to open my medical history up to f'ing newsgroup, I know what
> depression is. I also know what some drugs can do.
>
> I'm not boasting to have stronger will than others. I'm saying, whether by the power of something
> greater than I or sheer luck, I stayed away from booze and drugs when the going got tough. All I'm
> really saying is all these posts about "poor Marco" are iritating because this guy was a crack
> addict! Am I the only one here who sees this as unexcusable behavior? Repeat this to yourself out
> loud: THE.GUY.WAS.SMOKING.CRACK. Sheesh......

understand the craving and what becomes of it. Stick with whatever it is that you think you know
about life.

Dave (13 years removed from my last hit off the pipe)

> "David" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Let me rephrase that. I'VE had some REAL dark days. I guess I can't speak for anyone else but
> > myself. Though I'm not about to open my medical history up to f'ing newsgroup, I know what
> > depression is. I also know what some drugs can do.
> >
> > I'm not boasting to have stronger will than others. I'm saying, whether by the power of
> > something greater than I or sheer luck, I stayed away from booze and drugs when the going got
> > tough. All I'm really saying is all these posts about "poor Marco" are iritating because this
> > guy was a crack addict! Am I the only one here who sees this as unexcusable behavior? Repeat
> > this to yourself out loud: THE.GUY.WAS.SMOKING.CRACK. Sheesh......

addiction, nor do you
> understand the craving and what becomes of it. Stick with whatever it is
that you think you know
> about life.

How telling that you're answering your own posting....

Benjo Maso

Snappy comeback, Dave. Why is you assume to know anything about MY life when in fact you do not.

Eat it.

addiction, nor do you

"D L" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Snappy comeback, Dave. Why is you assume to know anything about MY life when in fact you do not.
>
> Eat it.

If in fact you knew anything about drug addiction then you wouldn't spew forth the **** you did, I
did not profess to know anything about your life, nor do I care to, I just said stick with what
you know Dave

"benjo maso" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Dave" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> >
> > "David" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > > Let me rephrase that. I'VE had some REAL dark days. I guess I can't speak for anyone else but
> > > myself. Though I'm not about to open my medical history up to f'ing newsgroup, I know what
> > > depression is. I also know what some drugs can do.
> > >
> > > I'm not boasting to have stronger will than others. I'm saying, whether by the power of
> > > something greater than I or sheer luck, I stayed away from booze and drugs when the going got
> > > tough. All I'm really saying is all these posts about "poor Marco" are iritating because this
> > > guy was a crack addict! Am I the only one here who sees this as unexcusable behavior? Repeat
> > > this to yourself out loud: THE.GUY.WAS.SMOKING.CRACK. Sheesh......
> >

> addiction, nor do you
> > understand the craving and what becomes of it. Stick with whatever it is
> that you think you know
> > about life.
>

> How telling that you're answering your own posting....
>
> Benjo Maso

Uh Benjo, two different people, check the e-mail addys Dave

news:%[email protected]...

> "benjo maso" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
> berlin.de...
> >
> > "Dave" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > >
> > > "David" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > > news:[email protected]...

> > addiction, nor do you
> > > understand the craving and what becomes of it. Stick with whatever it
is
> > that you think you know
> > > about life.
> >

> > How telling that you're answering your own posting....
> >
> > Benjo Maso
>
> Uh Benjo, two different people, check the e-mail addys

I'm sorry! My only excuse is that is was eleven to five in the morning....

Benjo Maso

BTW, I know plenty about addiction, so spare me the condescension though I am amused at your
judgement of what I know and what I don't know.

If someone continues to suck on a pipe, or bump a few lines, or whatever......whether they have the
will to recognize the problem when they're sober and act on it or not.....why should that person be
placed in the "aww...poor guy...how sad" category?

"Dave" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

> "D L" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> > Snappy comeback, Dave. Why is you assume to know anything about MY
life
> > when in fact you do not.
> >
> > Eat it.
>
> If in fact you knew anything about drug addiction then you wouldn't spew
forth the **** you did, I
> did not profess to know anything about your life, nor do I care to, I just
said stick with what you
> know Dave

"D L" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> BTW, I know plenty about addiction, so spare me the condescension though I am amused at your
> judgement of what I know and what I don't know.
>
> If someone continues to suck on a pipe, or bump a few lines, or whatever......whether they have
> the will to recognize the problem when they're sober and act on it or not.....why should that
> person be placed in the "aww...poor guy...how sad" category?

I will repeat it again, just by your statements, you show your lack of knowledge on the subject,
addiction has absolutely nothing to do with "your will" or your "willpower". I never said he should
be placed in any category other than that of someone diagnosed (clinically) with depression and that
of someone addicted to smoking cocaine. Do you realize that most addicts while they are sucking on a
pipe, know at that moment that is is wrong and can't stop? I certainly did, and all of the willpower
that I could muster never got me to put that pipe down. You said you don't acknowledge what has been
medically proven that drug addiction and alcoholism are a "disease" of addiction. Then by all means
share with us your expertise and your studies on the subject and please show us where we can be
directed to your studies on the subject.

Dave