Some KFC shops are out of business...

JSWin said:
Last time I ate that it made me feel sick. KFC is probably the worst one to eat. Maybe if you like this kind of food you should look at what it consists of. It is actually worse than eating just fried food. IT IS NOT REAL CHICKEN. Look it up. It is genetically disturbed freaks of nature made in a lab. They were forced to take the word chicken out of their menu and commercials. You want to eat that science project they call food?
Can't help it, I just have to speak to this. Ever read the book Oryx and Crake? Well if you haven't you should because you just described the 'CHICKIE NOBS " from the book. In the book students have created a chicken that isn't really a chicken but just chicken parts that grow (and are really alive). The things are just featherless blobs with chicken parts growing off of them and a tube going into the head end to feed them. Each one grows a different part of the chicken Ie) one will just grow chicken breasts another chicken legs. The call them CHICKIE NOBS and the product is called Nubbins. Scary huh? :eek:

8200rpm said:
The sad truth is that most people who harp like the sky is falling about "genetically modified" and "chemicals" don't a thing about genetics or chemistry. :p
Yep. Anyone that has done their research would know that there isn't any conclusive evidence that food is bad for you simply by virtue of being genetically modified. Also genetically modified foods have historically been a major combatant against starvation in various areas of the world. Wheat was modified a long time ago for just this reason.

Actually KFC has changed a lot, it's original receipt is nowhere near as tasty as it was 30 years ago, and the extra crispy receipt is not any where near as crunchy as it once was. Pop Corn chicken use to have a juicer taste to it. Maybe this has something to do with the use of fake chickens which is why they changed their name. I will never set foot in a KFC again, which is what a lot of other people are doing as well which is why they are closing locations.

Froze said:
Actually KFC has changed a lot, it's original receipt is nowhere near as tasty as it was 30 years ago, and the extra crispy receipt is not any where near as crunchy as it once was. Pop Corn chicken use to have a juicer taste to it. Maybe this has something to do with the use of fake chickens which is why they changed their name. I will never set foot in a KFC again, which is what a lot of other people are doing as well which is why they are closing locations.
Yeah I'm calling BS here. Fake chickens? Come on. Sounds like FUD to me. Link some proof. Same for the name change.

Jcycle said:
Yeah I'm calling BS here. Fake chickens? Come on. Sounds like FUD to me. Link some proof. Same for the name change.
I don't know if they're genetically altered chickens or not but they're a lot drier and smaller than they use to be, and the spice is not as strong tasting as well as the crunch is not as heavily applied as it was.

I don't know, KFC seems pretty unchanged over the years. The pieces still seem small and the taste still seems basically the same. Only real difference I've noticed is they don't put salt of the fries any more.

Susimi said:
I don't know, KFC seems pretty unchanged over the years. The pieces still seem small and the taste still seems basically the same. Only real difference I've noticed is they don't put salt of the fries any more.
How old are you? See I'm 62 and recall the chicken being larger, tender, and juicy; the original receipt was all they originally had which had more flavor to it than today. Later the extra crunchy came out and it too was pretty good but now it has a lot less crunchy stuff on it. Over the last 30 years or so all this slowly just got worse. I think the turning point may have been in 1982 when Heublein, a packaged food and drink corporation sold the chain to R. J. Reynolds a tobacco corporation...OR, it could have been when R.J. Reynolds sold it to Pepsi in 1986. All I know it was after that period of time is when I noticed a significant change in the way the chicken tasted. What's interesting is that Chick-Fil-A has surpassed KFC and is now the leading chicken retailer.

I'm 28 an here in UK KFC is still the number one place as far as I know. Oh, I forgot one change that they made was making the fries slimmer as in McDonalds size slimmer and they marketed it as "new crunchier fries" but everyone and their mother knows it was just to save money and get more from the potatoes.

Dahlia said:
Yes KFC is going out of business everywhere including in Canada.
KFC isn't going out of business. They are one piece of a much larger company that is doing just fine despite whatever happened at your local KFC.

Jcycle said:
KFC isn't going out of business. They are one piece of a much larger company that is doing just fine despite whatever happened at your local KFC.
With KFC being the well established place that it is I cannot see it going out of business at all in any soonish time frame. Just the thought isn't quite registering!

Here in South Africa, KFC is one of the more successful fast-food brands. Most outlets are well run, clean and modern. However, the actual quality of the chicken seems to vary from outlet to outlet according to my experience. At some outlets the chicken is fried and salted properly, tasting delicious. While at other outlets it's either too greasy or too salty, meaning their staff is incompetent at their job. Either way, I still think their french fries are terrible. I prefer to get these from a fish 'n chip shop nearby that actually knows how to prepare delicious crispy chips.

This is true, the individual franchise can make a big difference in taste, I know where I now live Pizza Hut pizza is not as good as it was when I lived in California, but the KFC chicken has been bad in any city I tried since the late 80's so I haven't gone back them in at least 15 years nor plan too. So yes while a particular franchise does play a part but when it's consistent from state to state then there's something wrong with the franchise as a whole.

Good I'm glad they are closing. It's really disgusting and too greasy. It's not that great tasting either. You could get it better somewhere else.

Well, I am from a small country and with KFC being the oldest fried chicken store here they do get a lot of support. I just don't see them closing their doors her anytime soon. If they even do it certainly wouldn't be because of shortage of customers.