Some Optimism In The Drug Wars

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by B. Lafferty, Jun 27, 2005.

  1. B. Lafferty wrote:
    > http://fr.sports.yahoo.com/050627/26/82uv.html

    Dumbass -

    Don't kid yourself. The riders will always be ahead of the testing.
    It's a given - testing doesn't occur for new substances/methodologies
    until use of the new substances/methodologies are widespread.

    How about autologous blood transfusion? Simple, effective.

    thanks,

    K. Gringioni.

  2. Robert Chung

    Robert Chung Guest

  3. B. Lafferty

    B. Lafferty Guest

    > B. Lafferty wrote:
    >> http://fr.sports.yahoo.com/050627/26/82uv.html

    > Dumbass -
    >
    > Don't kid yourself. The riders will always be ahead of the testing.
    > It's a given - testing doesn't occur for new substances/methodologies
    > until use of the new substances/methodologies are widespread.
    >
    > How about autologous blood transfusion? Simple, effective.

    According to Verbruggen, they have a test for autologous transfusions that
    is being field tested now, just like they were field testing the homologus
    test last year. When they decide to implement it will not be announced in
    advance according the test's developer. It could be at this year's Tour,
    maybe not. But you knew all of that.

  4. Robert Chung

    Robert Chung Guest

    B. Lafferty wrote:
    > According to Verbruggen, they have a test for autologous transfusions
    > that is being field tested now, just like they were field testing the
    > homologus test last year. When they decide to implement it will not be
    > announced in advance according the test's developer.

    Oh, great. Yeah, that's reason for optimism. You know, as long as they're
    not going to put these tests out for validity review, it'd be simpler just
    ask the gym teacher to identify the performances that are physiologically
    impossible.

    Yep. But, like I wrote earlier:

    Don't kid yourself. The riders will always be ahead of the testing.
    It's a given - testing doesn't occur for new substances/methodologies
    until use of the new substances/methodologies are widespread.

    thanks,

    K. Gringioni.

  6. B. Lafferty

    B. Lafferty Guest

    > B. Lafferty wrote:
    >

    >> > Don't kid yourself. The riders will always be ahead of the testing.
    >> > It's a given - testing doesn't occur for new substances/methodologies
    >> > until use of the new substances/methodologies are widespread.
    >> >
    >> > How about autologous blood transfusion? Simple, effective.

    >> According to Verbruggen, they have a test for autologous transfusions
    >> that
    >> is being field tested now, just like they were field testing the
    >> homologus
    >> test last year. When they decide to implement it will not be announced
    >> in
    >> advance according the test's developer. It could be at this year's Tour,
    >> maybe not. But you knew all of that.

    > Dumbass -
    >
    > Yep. But, like I wrote earlier:
    >
    > Don't kid yourself. The riders will always be ahead of the testing.
    > It's a given - testing doesn't occur for new substances/methodologies
    > until use of the new substances/methodologies are widespread.

    I have no doubt that they will always be ahead of the curve. But that
    wasn't what I was commenting on. You conveniently left out your statement
    which was

    "How about autologous blood transfusion? Simple, effective."

    Once again you were wrong. There is apparently a test for the abuse you set
    forth. You're the Campionissimo of being disingenuous.

  7. B. Lafferty wrote:

    > > Don't kid yourself. The riders will always be ahead of the testing.
    > > It's a given - testing doesn't occur for new substances/methodologies
    > > until use of the new substances/methodologies are widespread.

    > I have no doubt that they will always be ahead of the curve. But that
    > wasn't what I was commenting on. You conveniently left out your statement
    > which was
    >
    > "How about autologous blood transfusion? Simple, effective."
    >
    > Once again you were wrong.

    Dumbass -

    Not really. They're not testing for it yet are they? Which means the
    racers are free to use that method.

    thanks,

    K. Gringioni.

  8. B. Lafferty

    B. Lafferty Guest

    > B. Lafferty wrote:
    >> >
    >> > Don't kid yourself. The riders will always be ahead of the testing.
    >> > It's a given - testing doesn't occur for new substances/methodologies
    >> > until use of the new substances/methodologies are widespread.

    >> I have no doubt that they will always be ahead of the curve. But that
    >> wasn't what I was commenting on. You conveniently left out your
    >> statement
    >> which was
    >>
    >> "How about autologous blood transfusion? Simple, effective."
    >>
    >> Once again you were wrong.

    > Dumbass -
    >
    > Not really. They're not testing for it yet are they? Which means the
    > racers are free to use that method.

    Not really. If a top rider is found to be doing autologous blood doping
    with an as yet unofficial test , I doubt that the unofficial result of the
    test would remain a state secret for long. It could be rather damaging to a
    number of people in the sport--not just the rider involved.

    If they've been using such a test in trial this season, they might be ready
    to introduce it officially without prior notice. That could be even more
    "fun." Just ask Tyler.

  9. B. Lafferty wrote:

    > Not really. If a top rider is found to be doing autologous blood doping
    > with an as yet unofficial test ,

    Dumbass -

    Whenever they start testing for that the top riders will know about it
    whether its through official channels or underground ones.

    Too much $$$ at stake.

    thanks,

    K. Gringioni.

  10. trg

    trg Guest

    "Kurgan Gringioni" <[email protected]> a écrit dans le message de news:
    [email protected]...

    | B. Lafferty wrote:
    | >
    | > Not really. If a top rider is found to be doing autologous blood
    doping
    | > with an as yet unofficial test ,
    |

    | Dumbass -
    |
    | Whenever they start testing for that the top riders will know about it
    | whether its through official channels or underground ones.
    |
    | Too much $$$ at stake.
    |
    | thanks,
    |
    | K. Gringioni.

    Yeah, like Tyler knew in advance about testing for homologous blood doping.

  11. trg wrote:
    > "Kurgan Gringioni" <[email protected]> a écrit dans le message de news:

    > | Dumbass -
    > |
    > | Whenever they start testing for that the top riders will know about it
    > | whether its through official channels or underground ones.
    > |
    > | Too much $$$ at stake.
    > |
    > | thanks,
    > |
    > | K. Gringioni.
    >
    > Yeah, like Tyler knew in advance about testing for homologous blood doping.

    Dumbass -

    You know what the simplest explanation for Tyler and his roomie testing
    positive is right?

    Autologous doping. Mistake - switched the blood bags.

    Do we know that's what happened? No. But it is something to think
    about.

    thanks,

    K. Gringioni.

  12. Tom Kunich

    Tom Kunich Guest

    And in the "takes one to know one catagory" WE HAVE A WINNER!