...some people...

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Technician, May 23, 2003.

  1. Technician

    Technician Guest

    Interesting, a while back i was in a giving mood, thus i generally gave away something that had more
    value that i gave it away for, and yet i get no word from it. it has been at least a week since the
    recipient should have received it, and still, no word.

    It really makes me want to be a generous person more often.
    --
    ~Travis

  2. Junobug

    Junobug Guest

    Are you refering to that mustache comb?

    Ken Juneau, AK "Technician" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Interesting, a while back i was in a giving mood, thus i generally gave away something that had
    > more value that i gave it away for, and yet i get no word from it. it has been at least a week
    > since the recipient should have received it, and still, no word.
    >
    > It really makes me want to be a generous person more often.
    > --
    > ~Travis
    >
    > travis57 at megalink dot net http://www.megalink.net/~farmers/

  3. Mattb

    Mattb Guest

    > Interesting, a while back i was in a giving mood, thus i generally gave away something that had
    > more value that i gave it away for, and yet i get no word from it. it has been at least a week
    > since the recipient should have received it, and still, no word.
    >
    > It really makes me want to be a generous person more often.
    > --
    > ~Travis
    >
    > travis57 at megalink dot net http://www.megalink.net/~farmers/

    So you feel you're entitled to get something in return for a gift? It is courteous to reciprocate a
    gift with a response, but it's by no means a requirement.

    That's not really what giving is about. Otherwise it would be called trading or selling.

    Matt

  4. Technician

    Technician Guest

    > Are you refering to that mustache comb?
    >
    > Ken Juneau, AK "Technician" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]megalink.net...
    > > Interesting, a while back i was in a giving mood, thus i generally gave away something that had
    > > more value that i gave it away for, and yet i get no word from it. it has been at least a week
    > > since the recipient should have received it, and still, no word.
    > >
    > > It really makes me want to be a generous person more often.
    > > --
    > > ~Travis
    > >
    > > travis57 at megalink dot net http://www.megalink.net/~farmers/

    If you are not going to come up with a competent answer you top-posting

    --
    ~Travis

  5. Technician

    Technician Guest

    > "Technician" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Interesting, a while back i was in a giving mood, thus i generally gave away something that had
    > > more value that i gave it away for, and yet i get no word from it. it has been at least a week
    > > since the recipient should have received it, and still, no word.
    > >
    > > It really makes me want to be a generous person more often.
    > > --
    > > ~Travis
    > >
    > > travis57 at megalink dot net http://www.megalink.net/~farmers/
    >

    > So you feel you're entitled to get something in return for a gift? It is courteous to reciprocate
    > a gift with a response, but it's by no means a requirement.
    >
    > That's not really what giving is about. Otherwise it would be called trading or selling.
    >
    > Matt

    I was not looking for anything physical in response. a mere "thank you", or any response at all
    would have justified it, but at the moment i feel like such generosity was completely wasted. I may
    be a selfish loser

    me.
    --
    ~Travis

  6. Carla A-G

    Carla A-G Guest

    > If you are not going to come up with a competent answer you top-posting

    What's with the foul language?

    Where's that A-MB communal bar of soap...

    - CA-G

    Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

  7. Jon Bond

    Jon Bond Guest

    > > "Technician" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > > > Interesting, a while back i was in a giving mood, thus i generally
    gave
    > > > away something that had more value that i gave it away for, and yet i get no word from it. it
    > > > has been at least a week since the recipient should have received it, and still, no word.
    > > >
    > > > It really makes me want to be a generous person more often.
    > > > --
    > > > ~Travis
    > > >
    > > > travis57 at megalink dot net http://www.megalink.net/~farmers/
    > >

    > > So you feel you're entitled to get something in return for a gift? It is courteous to
    > > reciprocate a gift with a response, but it's by no
    means
    > > a requirement.
    > >
    > > That's not really what giving is about. Otherwise it would be called
    trading
    > > or selling.
    > >
    > > Matt
    > >

    > I was not looking for anything physical in response. a mere "thank you", or any response at all
    > would have justified it, but at the moment i feel like such generosity was completely wasted. I
    > may be a selfish loser

    > me.
    > --
    > ~Travis
    >
    > travis57 at megalink dot net http://www.megalink.net/~farmers/

    Dude, people have other things to do. Hell, it took me at least two or three weeks before I thanked
    Gary for those Brifters he sent me (and now cable stops too, thanks gary!), I just got caught up
    with work. I still haven't returned soem clothing to Marzocchi that they're probably getting pissed
    off about. Things take time. That and I'm incredibly lazy.

    If you're so concerned about it, send him a mail in a few days and say "did the package get
    there ok?"

    Jon Bond

  8. Mattb

    Mattb Guest

  9. Penny S.

    Penny S. Guest

    Technician thoughtfully penned:
    >> Are you refering to that mustache comb?
    >>
    >> Ken Juneau, AK "Technician" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >> news:[email protected]...
    >>> Interesting, a while back i was in a giving mood, thus i generally gave away something that had
    >>> more value that i gave it away for, and yet i get no word from it. it has been at least a week
    >>> since the recipient should have received it, and still, no word.
    >>>
    >>> It really makes me want to be a generous person more often.
    >>> --
    >>> ~Travis
    >>>
    >>> travis57 at megalink dot net http://www.megalink.net/~farmers/

    Ah, jeez... a gift should be given because you want to **give** not because you are expecting
    acknowledgement/thanks/adulation/recognition etc. That only counts if you are giving enough to build
    a building with your name on the front.

  10. Spider

    Spider Guest

    Technician wrote:

    >>Are you refering to that mustache comb?
    >>
    >>Ken Juneau, AK "Technician" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >>news:[email protected]...
    >>
    >>>Interesting, a while back i was in a giving mood, thus i generally gave away something that had
    >>>more value that i gave it away for, and yet i get no word from it. it has been at least a week
    >>>since the recipient should have received it, and still, no word.
    >>>
    >>>It really makes me want to be a generous person more often.
    >>>--
    >>>~Travis
    >>>
    >>>travis57 at megalink dot net http://www.megalink.net/~farmers/
    >>

    > If you are not going to come up with a competent answer you top-posting

    My prediction: Travis will go postal, sometime in the near future. He fits the profile.
    Psssssst..... go see a therapist!!

    Nice legs!

    http://www.megalink.net/~farmers/tmp/legs.jpg

    -Spider

  11. Ctg

    Ctg Guest

    > Interesting, a while back i was in a giving mood, thus i generally gave away something that had
    > more value that i gave it away for, and yet i get no word from it. it has been at least a week
    > since the recipient should have received it, and still, no word.
    >
    > It really makes me want to be a generous person more often.
    > --
    > ~Travis
    >
    > travis57 at megalink dot net http://www.megalink.net/~farmers/

    Gratitude is one of the worst expectations one can have of other people. Don't "give" things away if
    you're going to get pissy when you don't get something in return. Not spewing passive-aggressive
    bullshit is also something to strive towards Travis.

    Chris

  12. Some people get busy and forgetful, BFD. It happens to me all the time.. right Penny?-( Just ask
    Neson or Gary how long it took them to get thier goodies, Or Jon about the saddle.

  13. Jd

    Jd Guest

    "MattB" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > "Technician" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Interesting, a while back i was in a giving mood, thus i generally gave away something that had
    > > more value that i gave it away for, and yet i get no word from it. it has been at least a week
    > > since the recipient should have received it, and still, no word.

    What a tool. How about if we all pitch in a few bucks and buy you a clue or two?

    > So you feel you're entitled to get something in return for a gift? It is courteous to reciprocate
    > a gift with a response, but it's by no means a requirement.
    >
    > That's not really what giving is about. Otherwise it would be called trading or selling.

    Words of wisdom from our resident Gunnisonite. It all comes around, just like the bottle of tequila
    I will be bringing to him the next time I get over that way in apreciation for his hospitality last
    weekend. If he was bitchy or whiny, I would not ride with him in the first place, nor would I expect
    him to ride with me if I were that way.

    Juneau, I thought the mustache comb comment was funny as well. Well done, Ken.

    JD

  14. Jon Bond

    Jon Bond Guest

    > Some people get busy and forgetful, BFD. It happens to me all the time.. right Penny?-( Just ask
    > Neson or Gary how long it took them to get thier goodies, Or Jon about the saddle.

    What saddle? ;)

    You still want it, by the way? I was thinking of putting it back on the old bike when I sell it and
    saving myself from having to buy another saddle, but I did offer it to you, and it was pretty
    uncomfortable for me anyway, so its still yours if you want it.

    Jon Bond

  15. Technician

    Technician Guest

    > Some people get busy and forgetful, BFD. It happens to me all the time.. right Penny?-( Just ask
    > Neson or Gary how long it took them to get thier goodies, Or Jon about the saddle.

    I recognised that a while after posting it, when the mood swung the better way. i canceled most of
    the messages posted while in said mood but the damage had been done. not sure why i can not be
    classified as bi-polar, perhaps because i think you have to be manic to be bi-polar. so i, on paper
    anyway, am just uni-polar. but if you ask me, i can certainly pick out two quite distinct mental
    polarizations.

    Ahh well, no use trying to explain myself yet again as it gets tiresome i assume.
    --
    ~Travis

  16. Technician

    Technician Guest

    > Nice legs!
    >
    > http://www.megalink.net/~farmers/tmp/legs.jpg

    I must confess that i am unsure of weather or not this is a sincere compliment. given that you
    recently, in another post, seemingly made a joke of my new appearance, and also that i have never
    actually had even one complement on my legs, regardless of the hours in the gym (last year, haven't
    been back) and riding to shape them.

    If it is indeed a complement, than i thank you.

    otherwise, stop by and we will see who is the better in a shit kicking contest ;-) (can only do
    500lb last i checked on the leg press. and that was 6 sets of 12 reps)
    --
    ~Travis

  17. Penny S.

    Penny S. Guest

    Technician thoughtfully penned:
    >> Some people get busy and forgetful, BFD. It happens to me all the time.. right Penny?-( Just ask
    >> Neson or Gary how long it took them to get thier goodies, Or Jon about the saddle.
    >>

    > I recognised that a while after posting it, when the mood swung the better way. i canceled most of
    > the messages posted while in said mood but the damage had been done. not sure why i can not be
    > classified as bi-polar, perhaps because i think you have to be manic to be bi-polar. so i, on
    > paper anyway, am just uni-polar. but if you ask me, i can certainly pick out two quite distinct
    > mental polarizations.
    >
    > Ahh well, no use trying to explain myself yet again as it gets tiresome i assume.

    hint: put everything you write in the drafts folder for at least 2 hours before you send. Should
    work, works for PMS. Sorta.

    ;-)

  18. Technician

    Technician Guest

    > Technician thoughtfully penned:
    > >> Some people get busy and forgetful, BFD. It happens to me all the time.. right Penny?-( Just
    > >> ask Neson or Gary how long it took them to get thier goodies, Or Jon about the saddle.
    > >>

    > > I recognised that a while after posting it, when the mood swung the better way. i canceled most
    > > of the messages posted while in said mood but the damage had been done. not sure why i can not
    > > be classified as bi-polar, perhaps because i think you have to be manic to be bi-polar. so i, on
    > > paper anyway, am just uni-polar. but if you ask me, i can certainly pick out two quite distinct
    > > mental polarizations.
    > >
    > > Ahh well, no use trying to explain myself yet again as it gets tiresome i assume.
    >
    > hint: put everything you write in the drafts folder for at least 2 hours before you send. Should
    > work, works for PMS. Sorta.
    >
    > ;-)

    Would work when i'm "in a mood", but normally it would be annoying. either that or i would forget
    the message is in drafts and nothing would get posted. i would post message after message, and then
    wonder why nothing is showing up.

    I'll have to remember that though the next time the mood swings the wrong way.
    --
    ~Travis

  19. "Penny S." <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Technician thoughtfully penned:
    > >> Are you refering to that mustache comb?
    > >>
    > >> Ken Juneau, AK "Technician" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > >> news:[email protected]...

    > Ah, jeez... a gift should be given because you want to **give** not because you are expecting
    > acknowledgement/thanks/adulation/recognition etc. That only
    counts
    > if you are giving enough to build a building with your name on the front.

    Yes, philanthropy instead of charity.

  20. Spider

    Spider Guest

    Technician wrote:

    >>Nice legs!
    >>
    >>http://www.megalink.net/~farmers/tmp/legs.jpg
    >

    > I must confess that i am unsure of weather or not this is a sincere compliment. given that you
    > recently, in another post, seemingly made a joke of my new appearance,

    I never made fun of your new appearance. I made a comment about how you looked older than what I had
    imagined after reading your posts. There is nothing wrong with the way you look. In fact, you
    probably look better than most of us out here in the real world.

    -Spider