some pro (?) news out of the SE

Bikerecker

Guest
Ran into Bostick on his bike commute tonight, we had a little chat. He says he will be on a DIII
team out of Atlanta, with Gaggioli, Chad Gerlach, Cameron Hughes, and a few others. Don't think
Gerlach and Gagg will leave the west coast all year, but they will do qute a bit of racing in the
area, including the TdGeorgia. Team was put together by the infamous "Mapei Guy". Local 1,2 riders
know who I am talking about. We will see if it all comes together. Greg

>He says he will be on a DIII team out of Atlanta, with Gaggioli, Chad Gerlach, Cameron Hughes, and
>a few others.

I've done some training with a local U23 guy who signed a contract with a new
Div. III outfit out of Atlanta called D&R Sportivo. Initially, Gaggioli's name came up as one of the
guys on the team. But then I heard that he and a couple of the other lead guys pulled out. Then
I heard the words "Noble House" used quite a few times in reference to them.

But my U23 friend still insists there's a team and he's training like mad. I believe he's supposed
to be at a training camp in N. Georgia next week.

Bob C.

[email protected] (Bikerecker) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> Ran into Bostick on his bike commute tonight, we had a little chat. He says he will be on a DIII
> team out of Atlanta, with Gaggioli, Chad Gerlach, Cameron Hughes, and a few others. Don't think
> Gerlach and Gagg will leave the west coast all year, but they will do qute a bit of racing in the
> area, including the TdGeorgia. Team was put together by the infamous "Mapei Guy". Local 1,2 riders
> know who I am talking about. We will see if it all comes together. Greg

I was at Northbrook track a few years back for "Stock Bike Night" with a bunch of other clowns. Some
guy pulls up with a nice ass Colnago track bike – full Mapei kit down to the socks and gloves. We
think we're in to get smoked, and as the race gets called to line – the ******'s got his helmet on
backwards. What the hell is that? Word was he was some Mapei exec or some **** who was on their
"club" team. I hope that's not the same guy because I would not want a team director with the
backwards helmet. How could you take him seriously. -a

>But my U23 friend still insists there's a team and he's training like mad. I believe he's supposed
>to be at a training camp in N. Georgia next week.

The team has a "B" squad with a bunch of decent regional Cat 1's on it. SHould be a force to be
reckoned with. Greg

[email protected] (Bikerecker) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> Ran into Bostick on his bike commute tonight, we had a little chat. He says he will be on a DIII
> team out of Atlanta, with Gaggioli, Chad Gerlach, Cameron Hughes, and a few others. Don't think
> Gerlach and Gagg will leave the west coast all year, but they will do qute a bit of racing in the
> area, including the TdGeorgia. Team was put together by the infamous "Mapei Guy". Local 1,2 riders
> know who I am talking about. We will see if it all comes together. Greg

The imfamous 'Mapei guy'. I have seen him at races. He does exist. Word from some riders in his area
(southeast) is that he actually believed he was on the team. He said something about being an
alternate for P-R the year Tafi won...delusional. Don't know what his connection to the team was,
but they said every year he would have the new Mapei kit and bike, the Lazer helmet, even the socks!

Chris

[email protected] (Deeznuts) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> [email protected] (Andrew Martin) wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
> > [email protected] (Bikerecker) wrote in message
> > news:<[email protected]>...
> > > Ran into Bostick on his bike commute tonight, we had a little chat. He says he will be on a
> > > DIII team out of Atlanta, with Gaggioli, Chad Gerlach, Cameron Hughes, and a few others. Don't
> > > think Gerlach and Gagg will leave the west coast all year, but they will do qute a bit of
> > > racing in the area, including the TdGeorgia. Team was put together by the infamous "Mapei
> > > Guy". Local 1,2 riders know who I am talking about. We will see if it all comes together. Greg
> >

> > I was at Northbrook track a few years back for "Stock Bike Night" with a bunch of other clowns.
> > Some guy pulls up with a nice ass Colnago track bike – full Mapei kit down to the socks and
> > gloves. We think we're in to get smoked, and as the race gets called to line – the ******'s got
> > his helmet on backwards. What the hell is that? Word was he was some Mapei exec or some **** who
> > was on their "club" team. I hope that's not the same guy because I would not want a team
> > director with the backwards helmet. How could you take him seriously. -a
>

> Holy ****! An RBR story that didn't suck donkey balls.
>
> Deez

That double negative is about the most positive thing you've ever posted.

[email protected] (Andrew Martin) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> [email protected] (Deeznuts) wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
> > [email protected] (Andrew Martin) wrote in message
> > news:<[email protected]>...
> > > [email protected] (Bikerecker) wrote in message
> > > news:<[email protected]>...
> > >

> > > I was at Northbrook track a few years back for "Stock Bike Night" with a bunch of other
> > > clowns. Some guy pulls up with a nice ass Colnago track bike – full Mapei kit down to the
> > > socks and gloves. We think we're in to get smoked, and as the race gets called to line – the
> > > ******'s got his helmet on backwards. What the hell is that? Word was he was some Mapei exec
> > > or some **** who was on their "club" team. I hope that's not the same guy because I would not
> > > want a team director with the backwards helmet. How could you take him seriously. -a
> >

> > Holy ****! An RBR story that didn't suck donkey balls.
> >
> > Deez
>
> That double negative is about the most positive thing you've ever posted.

Andy Mart -

Do you know what a double negative is?

-RJ

[email protected] (Ronaldo Jeremiah) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> [email protected] (Andrew Martin) wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
> > [email protected] (Deeznuts) wrote in message
> > news:<[email protected]>...
> > > [email protected] (Andrew Martin) wrote in message
> > > news:<[email protected]>...

> > > Holy ****! An RBR story that didn't suck donkey balls.
> > >
> > > Deez
> >
> > That double negative is about the most positive thing you've ever posted.
>
> Andy Mart -
>
> Do you know what a double negative is?
>
> -RJ

RJ-

"Holy ****! An RBR story that >>>> didn't suck<<< donkey balls."

"Didn't" - negates the adjective it describes. "Suck" - is a negative adjective describing the noun.
In this case the story.

-a

Andrew Martin wrote:

> "Didn't" - negates the adjective it describes. "Suck" - is a negative adjective describing the
> noun. In this case the story.

We repeat the question: "Do you know what a double negative is?" Or we restate it in alternative
terms: "You don't got no clue what a double negative is" STF

THis infamous Mapei guy, if it's the dark skinned dude i think we're talking about, does ride tafi's
old bike. He rides for the club team and he buys his bikes off of the mechanic for mapei or
something. He did manage to weasel in to Olympic qual race. I wasn't there, but if you watch the
footage closely you will see him, also I heard from a friend whom was there he did blow his load a
quarter into the race, or he crashed <it was raining, and i'm sure he was really shaky and
****>.... CHips chapman last year told him he could no longer race in
the mapei stuff, haven't seen the dude since....

Robert

[email protected] (vicintini) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> THis infamous Mapei guy, if it's the dark skinned dude i think we're talking about, does ride
> tafi's old bike. He rides for the club team and he buys his bikes off of the mechanic for mapei or
> something. He did manage to weasel in to Olympic qual race. I wasn't there, but if you watch the
> footage closely you will see him, also I heard from a friend whom was there he did blow his load a
> quarter into the race, or he crashed <it was raining, and i'm sure he was really shaky and
> ****>.... CHips chapman last year told him he could no longer race in
> the mapei stuff, haven't seen the dude since....
>
> Robert

This is the guy. He did the 2000 Olympic Qual race and he did the Elite Natz RR too in Natchez,
MS. Funny....

Wonder if he'll race for Quickstep now....

Chris

ANyone seen andy crater lately? I saw him in Octiber, but didn't really talk... Did he move
back out west?