Some things just make you smile...

Tim Dunne

Guest
Whilst enjoying a well-earned coffee in Lichfield this afternoon (lovely day for a ride), I was
sitting at an outside table when a family passed me - mum and dad cycling and two little ones in a
trailer towed by dad. The little ones looked so happy, it just brought a smile to my face.

I don't know who you were, I never spoke, but thanks for brightening an already splendid
afternoon...

Tim

--
Sent from Brum, UK... ...scheduled completion Sept 2003 'What's keeping the White House white? Is it
chalk, is it fog, is it fear?' Steve Skaith, 'America For Beginners' Look, mum, an anorak on a bike!

"Tim Dunne" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Whilst enjoying a well-earned coffee in Lichfield this afternoon (lovely
day
> for a ride), I was sitting at an outside table when a family passed me -
mum
> and dad cycling and two little ones in a trailer towed by dad. The little ones looked so happy, it
> just brought a smile to my face.
>
> I don't know who you were, I never spoke, but thanks for brightening an already splendid
> afternoon...
>
> Tim
>
> --
> Sent from Brum, UK... ...scheduled completion Sept 2003 'What's keeping the White House white? Is
> it chalk, is it fog, is it fear?' Steve Skaith, 'America For Beginners' Look, mum, an anorak on a
> bike! Check out www.nervouscyclist.org

...and I was fortunate enough to see my first 'live' recumbent trike shooting through Telford Town
Park (on the cycle path!), with 2 or 3 little tykes behind him, giving chase on assorted pseudo-BMX,
little sisters old bikes etc, shouting catch 'im, catch 'im. I told them they'd got no chance but
was delighted to see them putting the effort in regardless. What a lovely day ! cheers, Dave.

"Tim Dunne" <[email protected]> wrote:
> Whilst enjoying a well-earned coffee in Lichfield this afternoon (lovely day for a ride), I was
> sitting at an outside table when a family passed me - mum and dad cycling and two little ones in a
> trailer towed by dad. The little ones looked so happy, it just brought a smile to my face.
>
> I don't know who you were, I never spoke, but thanks for brightening an already splendid
> afternoon...

From the other side, that's what I used to enjoy so much about my daily commute with the children in
the trailer - you see so many smiles from folk you pass. I'm only sorry that my trailer is used so
rarely now as they're bigger and we walk to school - though I don't miss lugging it & them up the
short steep hill on the way home!