Some things just make you smile...

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Tim Dunne, Mar 16, 2003.

  1. Tim Dunne

    Tim Dunne Guest

    Whilst enjoying a well-earned coffee in Lichfield this afternoon (lovely day for a ride), I was
    sitting at an outside table when a family passed me - mum and dad cycling and two little ones in a
    trailer towed by dad. The little ones looked so happy, it just brought a smile to my face.

    I don't know who you were, I never spoke, but thanks for brightening an already splendid
    afternoon...

    Tim

    --
    Sent from Brum, UK... ...scheduled completion Sept 2003 'What's keeping the White House white? Is it
    chalk, is it fog, is it fear?' Steve Skaith, 'America For Beginners' Look, mum, an anorak on a bike!

    Tags:

  2. Dave

    Dave Guest

    "Tim Dunne" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Whilst enjoying a well-earned coffee in Lichfield this afternoon (lovely
    day
    > for a ride), I was sitting at an outside table when a family passed me -
    mum
    > and dad cycling and two little ones in a trailer towed by dad. The little ones looked so happy, it
    > just brought a smile to my face.
    >
    > I don't know who you were, I never spoke, but thanks for brightening an already splendid
    > afternoon...
    >
    > Tim
    >
    > --
    > Sent from Brum, UK... ...scheduled completion Sept 2003 'What's keeping the White House white? Is
    > it chalk, is it fog, is it fear?' Steve Skaith, 'America For Beginners' Look, mum, an anorak on a
    > bike! Check out www.nervouscyclist.org

    ...and I was fortunate enough to see my first 'live' recumbent trike shooting through Telford Town
    Park (on the cycle path!), with 2 or 3 little tykes behind him, giving chase on assorted pseudo-BMX,
    little sisters old bikes etc, shouting catch 'im, catch 'im. I told them they'd got no chance but
    was delighted to see them putting the effort in regardless. What a lovely day ! cheers, Dave.

  3. Alec Spence

    Alec Spence Guest

    "Tim Dunne" <[email protected]> wrote:
    > Whilst enjoying a well-earned coffee in Lichfield this afternoon (lovely day for a ride), I was
    > sitting at an outside table when a family passed me - mum and dad cycling and two little ones in a
    > trailer towed by dad. The little ones looked so happy, it just brought a smile to my face.
    >
    > I don't know who you were, I never spoke, but thanks for brightening an already splendid
    > afternoon...

    From the other side, that's what I used to enjoy so much about my daily commute with the children in
    the trailer - you see so many smiles from folk you pass. I'm only sorry that my trailer is used so
    rarely now as they're bigger and we walk to school - though I don't miss lugging it & them up the
    short steep hill on the way home!