Some very hilarious Baka quotes

R Brickston

Guest
160+ MPH with my Mustang, once racing a CHP at his request

and the one time of way over 160 on a motorcycle. I did get off and kiss the
ground
after that one.

I used to pass cars on the freeway at 65+ while doing a wheelie just
for the looks on their faces

a race prepped 1973 Kawasaki 750... Wheelied that one once at 120+

I once pegged a 160 MPH speedometer, but only once.

I rode a tricycle at nearly 50 when I was 4(5?) years old down a hill and
got brought home by the cops in like 1952

I actually have to agree with you this time.

am very safe and confident and have been riding since 1951. My first road
trip was in 1953 when I took my trike out on the highway to see haw fast I
could go down a big hill. About 35, feet off pedals, and
having a blast. At the bottom a local cop picked me up and took me back
home, saying I was the youngest rider he had ever seen on the road. 4.5
years old.

hat was basically the point since I grew up in Chicago and couldn't find
hills until I rode North to the Wisconsin border.

That's insane. 50 MPH downhill on pavement is my record and I am positively
not looking to break that on the side of a mountain.

There will be no convincing people of what I have done since there were no
witnesses other than myself. The trike speed was purely a provocation, the
motorcycle getting close to 200 MPH was not, and the Mustang I had was taken
past 160 by both me and my wife.

he bike had a 160 MPH speedo which pegged at about 170, after which the tach
continued to gain from that point, about 8,000 RPM to nearly 9,000.

I used to be a REAL biker when I rode a motorcycle and rode with the gang
types on Harleys.

the motorcycle getting close to 200 MPH

Anyway, my need for speed pretty much went away after that, and I have kept
it under 140 ever since, and that was only once in 1990.

I electrocuted myself once when I was maybe 12, climbing a tree and touching
a 12,000 volt wire, then getting a jump start hitting the ground flat on my
back

Doing 130MPH on a vacant road is a lot safer than lane splitting in a
traffic jam, and no I did not
mean to mislead people that I pedaled a bicycle that fast.

At one point I dreamed of getting my hands on a surplus F-104 to feed my
need for speed but the Air Force is kind of tight with surplus supersonic
jets.

I'm well above MENSA

Bowling 229, wifes bowling 289. 1966 Chrysler Newport with 1968 440 Police
engine, about 152

I have interests in sooo many subjects ranging from sub-atomic to
trans-universal that it is hard to focus on just one.

In person I am much more sociable than on this group

I am just tired of self proclaimed experts who don't actually know something
(or have been taught the wrong something) trying to rag on everything I say
about just about anything.

"R Brickston" <[email protected]> wrote in message

> a race prepped 1973 Kawasaki 750... Wheelied that one once at 120+

Don't know about the rest, or the 120 MPH part, but 1973 Kawasaki 750 Z2
would wheelie in any gear. It didn't turn for beans, but boy was it fast in
a straight line.

In article <2Qlkg.12364$hN2.4746@trnddc05>,
"R Brickston" <[email protected]> writes:

Mean-spiritedly publicly putting people down is not hilarious.

If you wanna take issue with someone, you should talk directly
to them, not to everybody else in a talking-around-them kind
of way. Eeww.

Maybe it seems like I'm overreacting, but I've seen too many times
where individuals have been singled-out, picked-on, pointed-at,
ganged-up on and dogpiled on ... and the good homies don't play
that ****.

It's victimization, man. And it's mean.

--
-- Nothing is safe from me.
Above address is just a spam midden.

Tom Keats wrote:

> Mean-spiritedly publicly putting people down is not hilarious.

He said nothing about Bill, he simply repeated Bill's words. So if you
found the text to be putting Bill down, it was Bill himself that did it,
as the words were Bills.

I found it hilarious.

Rich

In article <[email protected]>,
Rich <[email protected]> writes:
> Tom Keats wrote:
>
>> Mean-spiritedly publicly putting people down is not hilarious.

> He said nothing about Bill,

And he said nothing /to/ Bill.

> he simply repeated Bill's words.

Why?

--

Tom Keats wrote:
> In article <2Qlkg.12364$hN2.4746@trnddc05>,
> "R Brickston" <[email protected]> writes:

> Mean-spiritedly publicly putting people down is not hilarious.
>
> If you wanna take issue with someone, you should talk directly
> to them, not to everybody else in a talking-around-them kind
> of way. Eeww.
>
> Maybe it seems like I'm overreacting, but I've seen too many times
> where individuals have been singled-out, picked-on, pointed-at,
> ganged-up on and dogpiled on ... and the good homies don't play
> that ****.
>
> It's victimization, man. And it's mean.

I take it you don't hang out in RBT these days? (Maybe I copy and paste it
<eg> )

"Tom Keats" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:p[email protected]...
> In article <[email protected]>,
> Rich <[email protected]> writes:
>> Tom Keats wrote:
>>
>>> Mean-spiritedly publicly putting people down is not hilarious.

Unfortunately, no harm done; you can't hurt a narcissist. It's everyone
else's fault.

>> He said nothing about Bill,

> And he said nothing /to/ Bill.

I said nothing to Baka because what I found reading his posts is Baka turns
every thread about anything into a thread about Baka.

>> he simply repeated Bill's words.

> Why?

Don't you repeat a good joke when you hear one?

> --
> -- Nothing is safe from me.
> Above address is just a spam midden.
> I'm really at: tkeats [curlicue] vcn [point] bc [point] ca

"Frank Drackman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "R Brickston" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> >

>> a race prepped 1973 Kawasaki 750... Wheelied that one once at 120+
>>

> Don't know about the rest, or the 120 MPH part, but 1973 Kawasaki 750 Z2
> would wheelie in any gear. It didn't turn for beans, but boy was it fast
> in a straight line.

The machine's capability in not the funny part, it's the capacity for
braggadocio.

"Tom Keats" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:p[email protected]...
> In article <[email protected]>,
> Rich <[email protected]> writes:
> > Tom Keats wrote:
> >
> >> Mean-spiritedly publicly putting people down is not hilarious.

> > He said nothing about Bill,

> And he said nothing /to/ Bill.
>
> > he simply repeated Bill's words.

> Why?

For the same reason people compile "Bushism's"...it's illustrative, and
funny.

GG

> --
> -- Nothing is safe from me.
> Above address is just a spam midden.
> I'm really at: tkeats [curlicue] vcn [point] bc [point] ca

A life well imagined?

R Brickston wrote:
:: 160+ MPH with my Mustang, once racing a CHP at his request
::

R Brickston wrote:
> 160+ MPH with my Mustang, once racing a CHP at his request

Well, Moron, my wife did that race with me in the passenger seat.
The CHP just wanted to see if he could keep up with his lower geared car.

> and the one time of way over 160 on a motorcycle. I did get off and kiss the
> ground
> after that one.

Again, when you have a 160 MPH speedo and it is pegged and the tach
keeps climbing, you know damn well you are going FAST.

> I used to pass cars on the freeway at 65+ while doing a wheelie just
> for the looks on their faces

Throttle wheelies, no less.

> a race prepped 1973 Kawasaki 750... Wheelied that one once at 120+

Sorry, that bike would not break the rear tire loose, it just raised the
front end.

> I once pegged a 160 MPH speedometer, but only once.

Out in the desert where there were nothing but cactus and one really
****** off CHP chasing me.

> I rode a tricycle at nearly 50 when I was 4(5?) years old down a hill and
> got brought home by the cops in like 1952

I, at 4 or 5 really overestimated that one since I took a car on the
same road 35 years later and it only rolled to 25 MPH. Still, on a
tricycle it was like flying and all I could do was stick my feet out so
as not to hit the pedals.

> I actually have to agree with you this time.
>
> am very safe and confident and have been riding since 1951. My first road
> trip was in 1953 when I took my trike out on the highway to see haw fast I
> could go down a big hill. About 35, feet off pedals, and
> having a blast. At the bottom a local cop picked me up and took me back
> home, saying I was the youngest rider he had ever seen on the road. 4.5
> years old.

Like I said, my car verified that as 25 max, but the cop still took me home.

> hat was basically the point since I grew up in Chicago and couldn't find
> hills until I rode North to the Wisconsin border.
>
> That's insane. 50 MPH downhill on pavement is my record and I am positively
> not looking to break that on the side of a mountain.

That was verified by my bicycle speedo on a very long and steep
downhill. It is Highway 20 East out of Grass Valley from about 3 miles
east of Rough and Ready (real town). Try it sometime if you have the
balls for it.

> There will be no convincing people of what I have done since there were no
> witnesses other than myself. The trike speed was purely a provocation, the
> motorcycle getting close to 200 MPH was not, and the Mustang I had was taken
> past 160 by both me and my wife.

I don't know how close to 200 I actually came but after the 160 speedo
pegged the tach just kept climbing and I had no time to do the math.

> he bike had a 160 MPH speedo which pegged at about 170, after which the tach
> continued to gain from that point, about 8,000 RPM to nearly 9,000.
>
> I used to be a REAL biker when I rode a motorcycle and rode with the gang
> types on Harleys.

Of course they never took me seriously since I had a rice rocket but
they knew not to race me. The only Harley I have owned was a 350 Sprint,
and that hardly counts.

> the motorcycle getting close to 200 MPH
>
> Anyway, my need for speed pretty much went away after that, and I have kept
> it under 140 ever since, and that was only once in 1990.

I have mellowed by about 30 MPH.

> I electrocuted myself once when I was maybe 12, climbing a tree and touching
> a 12,000 volt wire, then getting a jump start hitting the ground flat on my
> back

That, unfortunately was true, and I went home with a big hole blasted in
my finger where I made contact. I am surprised I even have a fingerprint
left on that finger.

> Doing 130MPH on a vacant road is a lot safer than lane splitting in a
> traffic jam, and no I did not
> mean to mislead people that I pedaled a bicycle that fast.

I did do that on a motorcycle in the Bay Area on the left of all traffic
where the car pull off was until I noticed a lot of highway patrol guys
on bikes there in the mornings. After that I just got up earlier since I
knew what kind of ticket that would be.

> At one point I dreamed of getting my hands on a surplus F-104 to feed my
> need for speed but the Air Force is kind of tight with surplus supersonic
> jets.

At one time I wanted a P-51 Mustang but then decided an F-104 would be
nice and could have maybe bought one from the German air force in the
mid 70's.

> I'm well above MENSA

And I don't want to know by how much. Once it meant something, like
getting 99th percentile in all the pre-college tests, but not now.

> Bowling 229, wifes bowling 289. 1966 Chrysler Newport with 1968 440 Police
> engine, about 152 MPH

It does do that and floats like a boat at that speed but I would not
want to have to stop in a hurry with 4 wheel drum brakes.

> I have interests in sooo many subjects ranging from sub-atomic to
> trans-universal that it is hard to focus on just one.

Some of you, like Dolan and Brickhead just make interesting diversions.

> In person I am much more sociable than on this group
>
> I am just tired of self proclaimed experts who don't actually know something
> (or have been taught the wrong something) trying to rag on everything I say
> about just about anything.

If many of you had lived life like I have you probably wouldn't be
posting here, or anywhere else for all that matter. I am just absurdly
lucky when I put my life at risk. 57 year old teen-ager.
Bill Baka

Frank Drackman wrote:
> "R Brickston" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> a race prepped 1973 Kawasaki 750... Wheelied that one once at 120+
>>

> Don't know about the rest, or the 120 MPH part, but 1973 Kawasaki 750 Z2
> would wheelie in any gear. It didn't turn for beans, but boy was it fast in
> a straight line.

Yeah,
Boy can I attest to that. I owned 3 of them and 0-100 was in the blink
of an eye, and shifting too hard into fifth at 120-130 could put your
wheel well up into the air. They were totally fun but had to be rebuilt
about every 15,000 miles. One thing I could do that I would never
attempt with a 4 stroke bike was to start it with my hand and wrist. It
always started and never kicked back so I never got a broken wrist.
I did see one guy on a Harley straight leg it and it did kick back and
put him up into a convenient tree. He wasn't hurt so it was fall down
laughing time.
Bill Baka

R Brickston wrote:
> "Frank Drackman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> "R Brickston" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>> a race prepped 1973 Kawasaki 750... Wheelied that one once at 120+
>>>

>> Don't know about the rest, or the 120 MPH part, but 1973 Kawasaki 750 Z2
>> would wheelie in any gear. It didn't turn for beans, but boy was it fast
>> in a straight line.

> The machine's capability in not the funny part, it's the capacity for
> braggadocio.

What braggadocio? Hell man, I DID it. I gave one too much gas in a 135
MPH turn and would up going sideways by way of throttle. They didn't win
too many races since they were too squirrelly. Fun, but not racers.
Bill Baka

Rich wrote:
> Tom Keats wrote:
>
>> Mean-spiritedly publicly putting people down is not hilarious.

> He said nothing about Bill, he simply repeated Bill's words. So if you
> found the text to be putting Bill down, it was Bill himself that did it,
> as the words were Bills.
>
> I found it hilarious.
>
> Rich

Rich,
If you have never done some of the outrageous things I have done and
lived through to have the memories of doing them then there is only one
thing I can call you, well 2. A. *****. B. Coward.
Bill Baka

GaryG wrote:
> "Tom Keats" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:p[email protected]...
>> In article <[email protected]>,
>> Rich <[email protected]> writes:

>>> He said nothing about Bill,

>> And he said nothing /to/ Bill.
>>
>>> he simply repeated Bill's words.

>> Why?

> For the same reason people compile "Bushism's"...it's illustrative, and
> funny.
>
> GG
>
>> --
>> -- Nothing is safe from me.
>> Above address is just a spam midden.
>> I'm really at: tkeats [curlicue] vcn [point] bc [point] ca

If you want 8 years of funny just collect Bush's quotes and his dad's,
"Read my lips, no new taxes.".
Yeah, right.
Bill Baka

Claire Petersky wrote:
> "Tom Keats" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> In article <2Qlkg.12364$hN2.4746@trnddc05>,
>> "R Brickston" <[email protected]> writes:

>> Mean-spiritedly publicly putting people down is not hilarious.

> Publicly ridiculing someone else for ego self-indulgence is hypocrisy.

Claire,
I thank you.
I did not tell most of the stuff I have survived just because nobody
here would believe it or would label me a complete liar. I was both a
very hyperactive child and adult and could always find dangerous things
to do.
The only real stretch was the tricycle incident, but then at 4 or 5
years old it seemed like 40 or 50 MPH, later verified by car to have
been a max of only 25.
On the motorcycle I don't know and have no desire to repeat it since the
ticket would be insane and I now have kids and grandkids to take care
of, not to mention a wife of 27 years.
I have mellowed a lot in 30 years so I am not going to repeat anything
to prove a point. Now I just ride and if I get a chance to catch some
air on a bicycle mountain trail that is enough for now.
Thanks again Claire,
Bill Baka

Roger Zoul wrote:
> A life well imagined?

No, lived to the point of near self extinction.
Bill

R Brickston wrote:
> "Roger Zoul" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> A life well imagined?

> My vote would be for delusional.

You would have had to live it and my comment about you being a house pet
'sissy' still stands. Did your mother raise you in a padded room?
Wimp.
Bill Baka