some weird stuff on my bike

Cycler6n

Jan 5, 2007
i was lookin at my bike as it was on its trainer, just looking it over makin sure everything was okay on it, and noticed this hard like material that was collecting in certain spots on it, I tried rubbing it off, but it didn't come off, so i used my shirt and wiped it off. now i don't know what it is, is it like old sweat stuck on it from training? does anyone have an idea?:confused:

You need to provide a better description.

Grease? Road Tar? Oil? Snot?

Yojimbo_ said:
You need to provide a better description.

Grease? Road Tar? Oil? Snot?
its clear, and hard and dry, and somewhat bumpy, i'm not sure how to explain it.

Cycler6n said:
its clear, and hard and dry, and somewhat bumpy, i'm not sure how to explain it.
where on the bike are you seeing this?

pics? (probably the only way to tell what it is)

reckon said:
where on the bike are you seeing this?

pics? (probably the only way to tell what it is)
sry, don't have adigital camera. um, its on the seat post, seat stay, chain stay, and top bar

alienator said:
Have you been masturbating on the bike?
ROTFLMAO! I was gonna say that it is kind of hard for sweat/snot to find its way to places such as seat post. If you can post pictures somehow (camera phone/borrow digicam from a friend), it would help...

TheDarkLord said:
ROTFLMAO! I was gonna say that it is kind of hard for sweat/snot to find its way to places such as seat post. If you can post pictures somehow (camera phone/borrow digicam from a friend), it would help...
I think its sweat, because sometimes when I get off my bike from the trainer, my legs will hit my frame, do you think the sweat sticks on my bike? if so, will that hurt my paint, how do i clean it?

Cycler6n said:
I think its sweat, because sometimes when I get off my bike from the trainer, my legs will hit my frame, do you think the sweat sticks on my bike? if so, will that hurt my paint, how do i clean it?
Normally sweat will leave sort of a white deposit after the moisture evaporates. These are the salts and minerals left behind after the moisture is gone. The best way to get rid of these is just plain old soap and water.

Next time you ride your trainer, place a fan in front of you. It will help cool you off so you don't sweat so much. It also helps simulate a real ride.

kdelong said:
Normally sweat will leave sort of a white deposit after the moisture evaporates. These are the salts and minerals left behind after the moisture is gone. The best way to get rid of these is just plain old soap and water.

Next time you ride your trainer, place a fan in front of you. It will help cool you off so you don't sweat so much. It also helps simulate a real ride.
thats what it looks like, and water did take it off. I'll try the fan. thx everyone!

Cycler6n said:
thats what it looks like, and water did take it off. I'll try the fan. thx everyone!
your probably good on mineral salts uptake on your trainer,...no worries there :D