SOMEC Frames...

Vector7

Sep 13, 2003
SOMEC FRAMES Has anyone had experience riding or racing these frames. I have never heard about this frame until I was on Token-USA.com buying some carbon parts. They look totally sweet and from what I gather, they are made in Italy.

Any insight would be helpful.

Tailwinds,
Vector7

Vector7 said:
SOMEC FRAMES Has anyone had experience riding or racing these frames. I have never heard about this frame until I was on Token-USA.com buying some carbon parts. They look totally sweet and from what I gather, they are made in Italy.

Any insight would be helpful.

Tailwinds,
Vector7
My friend got some stock option money before the Dot Bomb days here in the Bay Area. She bought a custom Somec with Campy Record. If you go custom expect to wait. I saw that site too, and was surprised at the time they said to wait. 60 days. That would have been nice. She waited more like 3-6 months. Maybe it is because hers was a real custom. Meaning ordered through Somec in Italy, and evey minute detail taken into consideration.

Anyhow it was a sweet bike. She recently sold it. Not riding road that much anymore. It was built with Dedacia; however spelled. Internal cables, Chromed stays, and nice blue paint mathcing to Velocity blue rims. I think she paid $5400 about 2-3 years ago.

Somec has a good reputation, has been around for some time.

sonomasp said:
My friend got some stock option money before the Dot Bomb days here in the Bay Area. She bought a custom Somec with Campy Record. If you go custom expect to wait. I saw that site too, and was surprised at the time they said to wait. 60 days. That would have been nice. She waited more like 3-6 months. Maybe it is because hers was a real custom. Meaning ordered through Somec in Italy, and evey minute detail taken into consideration.

Anyhow it was a sweet bike. She recently sold it. Not riding road that much anymore. It was built with Dedacia; however spelled. Internal cables, Chromed stays, and nice blue paint mathcing to Velocity blue rims. I think she paid $5400 about 2-3 years ago.

Thanks for the reply. I am really interested in the Black Dragon Frame. It looks bomb proof. I have been speaking with other cyclists in our club and they too had nothing but good things to say about SOMEC. I even learned that George Hincapie was sponsored by SOMEC as a pro coming up. I think I may have to give Token-USA.com a call to place an order. I think it will be well worth the wait. I'll keep everyone posted.

Tailwinds,
Vector7

sonomasp said:

I found out from Token-USA.com that SOMEC's production turn around time has improved significantly. They can get the frames even quicker if Customs Cooperates when the item is shipped.

I ended up going with a Custom Black Dragon. I'll keep everyone posted when I receive it.

Tailwinds,
Vector7

Cannot comment on the specific model you are interested in or delivery times, but they are a relatively well known and respected frame builder here in the Old Country!

Powerful Pete said:
Cannot comment on the specific model you are interested in or delivery times, but they are a relatively well known and respected frame builder here in the Old Country!

Are you from Italy? I think SOMEC frames are works of art. I have a frame on the way. I like how you can choose the paint scheme.

Vector7 said:
Are you from Italy? I think SOMEC frames are works of art. I have a frame on the way. I like how you can choose the paint scheme.
Yes I am from Italy. :D Somec are very nice frames (as are a number of others, just so we avoid getting anyone else angry! :p ).

Congrats on your choice. I do hope that you said ShimaNO and are setting it up with Campagnolo! ;)

All the best, happy riding!

Powerful Pete said:
Yes I am from Italy. :D Somec are very nice frames (as are a number of others, just so we avoid getting anyone else angry! :p ).

Congrats on your choice. I do hope that you said ShimaNO and are setting it up with Campagnolo! ;)

All the best, happy riding!

Yes! Full Campy Record 10 with all TOKEN Parts. =) I can't wait to race it.

Tailwinds,
Vector7

Powerful Pete said:
Congrats! Will be a joy to ride!

My friend who referred me to the www.token-usa.com website just got his SOMEC VORTEX. HOLY AWESOME FRAME!!! He's building it up right now. I can't wait to see it.

Tailwinds,
Vector7