Somehow No One Seems To Think

On Apr 1, 3:04 am, Howard Kveck <[email protected]> wrote:

>    Well, that's based on your "The Left are all monsters" mindset, Bill. I said that
> based on my own experiences - having family friends, neighbors and relatives die over
> there was eye-opening for all of us. Watching as a neighbor was informed her husband
> was killed. My dad being on flights bringing back coffins. Those are a fewof the
> reasons people I knew got more and more vocal in their oppostion to the war - we
> wanted the soldiers home. Why on earth do *you* think there was so much public
> opposition to the war in Vietnam?

Howard you KNOW that's not my mindset. The mindset is that many of
them have done a lot of really shitty things, that had some really
horrendous consequences, and some continue to do them.
You keep telling me none of that happened.
I really think the biggest factor driving the anti-war effort was the
draft. Pure self interest, Combine that with a boatload of propaganda
from the other side that sounds great and it's an easy sell.
I know there were plenty of the people you describe. We both know a
bunch. You try and paint the left as 99.9995% saints, I disagree.
There're a ton of decent people from the center to the right too, but
you'd never know it listening to you either.

> > >Second, it's worth taking a look at who has spent more time focused on the
> > > conditions of troops, during and after they've been over in Iraq. The most
> > > vocal people talking about the various issues that are involved in that have
> > > been left-leaning. In fact, the rightwing parts of the media have steadfastly
> > > denied there are problems with the care of returning wounded soldiers,the
> > > quality of the armor (yeah, I think you know one fine example of that in here), etc.

> > I totally agree with you on this. No question that this has happened.
> > I also think the major reason, for most of them, is that they are
> > convinced they can't win an election on the "Hate the babykillers"
> > platform today. If not for that I don't think you'd see much in the
> > way of support.

>    Please name a successful politician who ran on this "hate the baby-killer"
> platform. Politicians for the last couple of years have done well by opposing the
> Iraq war because it is pretty obvious that the war is incredibly unpopular..

John Kerry all through the 70s.

> > >    Yeah, I suppose that's going to be very hard to combat, especially when
> > > the military has Rush on but blocks any broadcast that seems to lean too far
> > > left, as well as left-leaning websites. So the troops are only hearingone
> > > perspective. Who benefits from that?

> > I know you want them to hear 24/7 that what they are doing is totally
> > useless, illegal, immoral, and worthless.

>    You have a very distorted idea of what goes on in the blogosphere. I want them to
> have a choice  in where they get their info. That is the American way, no?

Yes it is, and almost alI hear coming from the left is how worthless
everything going on there is.

> > I think they know what's going on, most think they are doing good thingswith
> > the giant pot of **** they were handed, and don't want to see the folks they've
> > been trying to help slaughtered when Obama or someone else yanks them out
> > like Vietnam, and abandons them and the people there.

>    Essentially you're saying that limiting the troops' sources of infois okay
> because you don't want them exposed to the words of someone who'll call them
> "babykiller" in the future. Sad... You know, there are many guys over there who do
> read left-leaning news sources and blogs (or would if they aren't being blocked) -
> what's wrong with letting them read about, for instance, the bad care theyseem to be
> destined for by the VA? There have been surveys out fairly recently that indicate
> that a large percentage still believe they're in Iraq to defeat the peoplewho caused
> 9-11. That kind of thing is perpetuated by limiting their info sources to those that
> are pro-Bush administration.
>
> --
>                               tanx,
>                                Howard
>
>                         Whatever happened to
>                         Leon Trotsky?
>                         He got an icepick
>                         That made his ears burn.
>
>                      remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?- Hide quoted text -

Yes they should be allowed to hear everything and it needs to be
balanced. If you want to create another generation of military who
hate the left keep telling them everything they sacrificed for,
everything they gave up, when they are convinced they are gaining on
it, and they are helping people, is worthless, and then yank them out
and let all the people they were dying and getting maimed to help get
slaughtered and abused. The troops are big folks and should read all
of it, but you have to admit the effect on morale, and mental health,
even now, is very negative. We support you is a slogan, that's got to
be combined with something other than what you are doing is useless,
worthless, and we're going to totally destroy any good you've done by
re-enacting Vietnam.
It happened once, and Obama in particular, along with the anti-war
movement wants a replay.
Bill C

On Apr 1, 3:04 am, Howard Kveck <[email protected]> wrote:
> In article <14e762a3-7c8c-43fa-8071-d04254665...@u10g2000prn.googlegroups.com>,
>  Bill C <[email protected]> wrote:

> > > For the record, I did a 4 year hitch during the Vietnam war, doing my
> > > duty while George Bush was AWOL.  No one ever abused me, nor did
> > > anyone I served with ever mention being abused for being in the
> > > military. And I spent several years in Marin, surrounded by the most
> > > liberal of the liberal.  Given human nature, I'm sure somewhere and
> > > someplace someone did or said uncalled for things to someone in
> > > uniform, but it's been greatly exaggerated for political purposes.

> > > In fact I went over to Napa when George Wuss was there on one of his
> > > record-setting vacations. There was one Marine there in uniform,
> > > supporting his Wuss-in-chief, and a zillion protesters. Lots of people
> > > chatted with him, but no one was rude or abusive. That's reality- it's
> > > the conservatives that wave guns and spout threats. The liberal slogan
> > > during the Vietnam war was "make love not war", and by and large they
> > > did.
> > > -Paul

> >  My first response was ********, but maybe that was your experience.
> > It sure as hell doesn't match a shitload of others including mine
> > growin up watching people spit on the veterans day parade while
> > screaming things at the folks who fought in WW2 and Korea too.
> >  Howard has claimed this too. That there might have been one or two,
> > but that's all. That's BS!

>    Bill, I went to Veteran's Day parades in Tacoma, Tucson and Santa Rosa and never
> saw *anything* even remotely like you describe. The streets were lined with people
> and there was no spitting, much less any kind of hate directed at vets of earlier
> wars. A few times there were anti-war protestors but they never directed anything at
> the people in these parades. My dad drove in and out of Travis AFB every day (except
> when he was overseas) and he never saw any kind of the stuff you're talking about.
> And I went along on many trips to pick him up and didn't see anyone viciously
> attacking the airmen or soldiers. We went out in public with him in uniform
> frequently enough - there was never an adverse reaction.
>
> --
>                               tanx,
>                                Howard
>
>                         Whatever happened to
>                         Leon Trotsky?
>                         He got an icepick
>                         That made his ears burn.
>
>                      remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?- Hide quoted text -

I saw it here, and have heard, and read the stories, both from vets
and the folks treating them from large areas of the country. There's
been plenty written on it. I don't think there was much in military
towns Howard. I have heard stories of troops, and their supporters,
also attacking "those little pinko commie faggots" over peaceful
protests too. I'm sure you'd say THAT happened.
Bill C

In article <2d186d2d-37a1-46b2-83d4-7e89fc24072b@i29g2000prf.googlegroups.com>,
Bill C <[email protected]> wrote:

> On Apr 1, 3:04 am, Howard Kveck <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >    Well, that's based on your "The Left are all monsters" mindset, Bill. I
> > said that based on my own experiences - having family friends, neighbors and
> > relatives die over there was eye-opening for all of us. Watching as a neighbor
> > was informed her husband was killed. My dad being on flights bringing back
> > coffins. Those are a few of the reasons people I knew got more and more vocal
> > in their oppostion to the war - we wanted the soldiers home. Why on earth do
> > *you* think there was so much public opposition to the war in Vietnam?
> >

> Howard you KNOW that's not my mindset. The mindset is that many of
> them have done a lot of really shitty things, that had some really
> horrendous consequences, and some continue to do them.
> You keep telling me none of that happened.
> I really think the biggest factor driving the anti-war effort was the
> draft. Pure self interest,

I think you choose that because it fits in with your self-professed "everyone is a
scumbag" scheme. I'm sure there was a lot of that among draft age males, but you seem
to have missed the fact that there were a ton of people of all ages that disagreed
with the war. That's a gross oversimplification.

> Combine that with a boatload of propaganda
> from the other side that sounds great and it's an easy sell.
> I know there were plenty of the people you describe. We both know a
> bunch. You try and paint the left as 99.9995% saints, I disagree.
> There're a ton of decent people from the center to the right too, but
> you'd never know it listening to you either.

You'd never know it from listening to me because I haven't brought it up - you've
been leading the charge to condemn"the left" for all kinds of stuff so we haven't
really had much time to talk about any of what may have gone on on the right.

> >    Please name a successful politician who ran on this "hate the baby-killer"
> > platform. Politicians for the last couple of years have done well by opposing
> > the Iraq war because it is pretty obvious that the war is incredibly unpopular.
> >

> John Kerry all through the 70s.

Well, I have to disagree with that.

> > > I know you want them to hear 24/7 that what they are doing is totally
> > > useless, illegal, immoral, and worthless.

> >    You have a very distorted idea of what goes on in the blogosphere. I want
> > them to have a choice  in where they get their info. That is the American way, no?
> >

> Yes it is, and almost alI hear coming from the left is how worthless
> everything going on there is.

I think you're wrong there, Bill. In fact, I'd say you haven't spent much, if any,
significant time looking at left side blogs or news sources.

> > > I think they know what's going on, most think they are doing good things with
> > > the giant pot of **** they were handed, and don't want to see the folks
> > > they've been trying to help slaughtered when Obama or someone else yanks them out
> > > like Vietnam, and abandons them and the people there.

> >    Essentially you're saying that limiting the troops' sources of info is okay
> > because you don't want them exposed to the words of someone who'll call them
> > "babykiller" in the future. Sad... You know, there are many guys over there who
> > do read left-leaning news sources and blogs (or would if they aren't being
> > blocked) - what's wrong with letting them read about, for instance, the bad care
> > they seem to be destined for by the VA? There have been surveys out fairly recently
> > that indicate that a large percentage still believe they're in Iraq to defeat the
> > people who caused 9-11. That kind of thing is perpetuated by limiting their info
> > sources to those that are pro-Bush administration.

> Yes they should be allowed to hear everything and it needs to be
> balanced. If you want to create another generation of military who
> hate the left keep telling them everything they sacrificed for,
> everything they gave up, when they are convinced they are gaining on
> it, and they are helping people, is worthless, and then yank them out
> and let all the people they were dying and getting maimed to help get
> slaughtered and abused. The troops are big folks and should read all
> of it, but you have to admit the effect on morale, and mental health,
> even now, is very negative. We support you is a slogan, that's got to
> be combined with something other than what you are doing is useless,
> worthless, and we're going to totally destroy any good you've done by
> re-enacting Vietnam.

Bill, this is so wrong it isn't funny. Firstly, you more or less condone the
censorship of any non-admion. approved news sources because you think it might be
"demoralising." But you base your idea of the "bad for morale" on a a completely
spurious vision of what is on sites like Think Progress, Daily Kos, TPM, etc.
Secondly, you're doing a great job of setting up "the left" as the scapegoat for
whatever bad things may happen in Iraq in the future. As I've said before, just about
every bad thing going on in Iraq was predicted *prior* to the war and the people
who were saying those things were mocked, derided as fools or called traitors. Things
under Saddam were terrible, but things don't look very good for the average Iraqi
*now*, do they? Here is a fact: things will be bad for most Iraqis whether we're
there or not and everyone would be better off if the US had not gone into Iraq. Go
here [1] for the man-on-the-ground perspective. It's from an officer in our military,
serving in Iraq.

> It happened once, and Obama in particular, along with the anti-war
> movement wants a replay.

What the hell are you talking about? That is such an incredibly offensive
statement. Precisely describe what Obama said or did that makes you think he *wants
to see* a disaster in Iraq, and why you think that.

[1]
http://toohotfortnr.blogspot.com/2008/03/why-it-have-to-be-like-this-mama-said.html

--
tanx,
Howard

Whatever happened to
Leon Trotsky?
He got an icepick
That made his ears burn.

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

Howard we agree that the handful of folks on the anti-war side had it
right in the beginning. The vast majority, including lots of folks on
the left bought the cooked intel, and the UN's miserable failure to
get transparent cooperation. As TK has pointed out a lot of Clinton
officials were making a lot of the same arguments before Bush came in.
The fact that Hussein tried to keep everyone guessing what he had did
him in. Maybe it was foresight, maybe it was just prejudice and dumb
luck that the anti-war folks were right this time when lots of
knowledgeable, experienced people that totally disagree with Bush were
fooled too.
You and I obviously take note of, and see things in a different light
on those blogs you are talking about. I admit I'm reading them, and
inclined to a critical point of view. You will never admit to the rose
colored glasses.
As for the withdrawal disaster. You might find it offensive, you also
have denied that the withdrawal from Vietnam was a disaster for a ton
of people.
Obama and the anti-war folks are insisting on pulling the troops out
ASAP with little to no regard to the situation on the ground. The
Iraqis, and a ton of others have repeatedly voiced the same concerns
and accusations I am.
We shouldn't be there. Bush stuck us there. We can't just pull out,
leave a power vacuum, and then ignore the results, again.
If you find it offensive, I find what was done to our troops, our
allies there, and the people still living in Vietnam really offensive.
Go look at Anmesty, HRW, and Freedom House.
I've got this thing about abandoning friends and allies too.
Bill C

"Bill C" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> Howard we agree that the handful of folks on the anti-war side had it
> right in the beginning. The vast majority, including lots of folks on
> the left bought the cooked intel, and the UN's miserable failure to
> get transparent cooperation. As TK has pointed out a lot of Clinton
> officials were making a lot of the same arguments before Bush came in.

And yet not one of the other side has admitted to that or else they've done
something considerably worse - they claim that it was the correct thing to
do nothing if you knew your self-proclaimed enemy is developing a nuclear
weapon to use against you.

> The fact that Hussein tried to keep everyone guessing what he had did
> him in.

I don't think that you appreciate the problem of a President, Bill. The real
problem is that you couldn't tell what way he was going to react.

Hussein had SUCCESSFULLY bribed most of the important UN officials. He not
only appeared to be developing WMD but in fact had most of the R & D out of
the way and merely needed the UN Sanctions removed in order to actually
build them. In order to build his image in the eyes of the Muslim world he
was very likely to pass some of those weapons on to terrorist organizations.
He absolutely HAD to be stopped before it reached those limits.

We had no choice and the lefties are more interested in attacking Bush than
in observing the world around them.

> You and I obviously take note of, and see things in a different light
> on those blogs you are talking about. I admit I'm reading them, and
> inclined to a critical point of view. You will never admit to the rose
> colored glasses.

Surely you understand that he would argue until his dying day anything
opposite of you or I? He doesn't take a position related to knowledge and
thought but "in oppositions of".

On Apr 2, 9:01 am, Bill C <[email protected]> wrote:

>  We shouldn't be there. Bush stuck us there. We can't just pull out,
> leave a power vacuum, and then ignore the results, again.
>  If you find it offensive, I find what was done to our troops, our
> allies there, and the people still living in Vietnam really offensive.
> Go look at Anmesty, HRW, and Freedom House.
>  I've got this thing about abandoning friends and allies too.
> Bill C

http://www.boatpeople.org/

We don't care where you find your dream land, but Vietnam will never
be forgotten in our hearts.
A few things about our country: Located in Southeast Asia,
Vietnam is a well known little country in the world. China is to the
North, Thailand, Laos, Cambodia are to the West. The East is the
Pacific Ocean separating Vietnam by a shoreline running North to
South.
Fighting between North and South for over 30 years, finally the
war ended in April 1975, and the Communist took over the entire
country.
By rejecting the iron power of Communism, and total control over
the people, we decided to flee Vietnam a few years later. Boat people
were born.
Read my True Story and let me know what you think.

http://www.vietka.com/

According to the report of United Nations High Commissioner For
Refugees, 1/3 of Vietnamese boat people died at sea by killing,
storms, illness,and food shortage. Out of a total 250,000 mixture
ages of men, women, and children.
However, there were 160 people died on Kho Kra island, 1,250
rescued within a year. Currently, there are over 1.6 million boat
people spread all across the world : USA, Australia, Canada, France,
England, Germany, Japan, Hong Kong, South Korea, Philippines.
Vietnamese Boat People Casualty Statistics

Bill C

http://www.reason.com/news/show/125432.html

The Short Goodbye
Samantha Power and Democratic Lies about Iraq

Michael Young | March 17, 2008

Interesting read. If Obama gets elected, and chooses to avoid genocide
by putting his timetable away, how are you, Code Pink, and the rest
going to handle that? Scream "He lied like Bush did!!" and protest
him. I know Code Pink would since they are even going after Pelosi.
Bill C

On Apr 2, 2:46 am, Howard Kveck <[email protected]> wrote:

> Bill, this is so wrong it isn't funny. Firstly, you more or less condone the
> censorship of any non-admion. approved news sources because you think it might be
> "demoralising." But you base your idea of the "bad for morale" on a a completely
> spurious vision of what is on sites like Think Progress, Daily Kos, TPM, etc.
> Secondly, you're doing a great job of setting up "the left" as the scapegoat for
> whatever bad things may happen in Iraq in the future. As I've said before, just about
> every bad thing going on in Iraq was predicted *prior* to the war and the people
> who were saying those things were mocked, derided as fools or called traitors. Things
> under Saddam were terrible, but things don't look very good for the average Iraqi
> *now*, do they? Here is a fact: things will be bad for most Iraqis whether we're
> there or not and everyone would be better off if the US had not gone into Iraq. Go
> here [1] for the man-on-the-ground perspective. It's from an officer in our military,
> serving in Iraq.
>
> > It happened once, and Obama in particular, along with the anti-war
> > movement wants a replay.

> What the hell are you talking about? That is such an incredibly offensive
> statement. Precisely describe what Obama said or did that makes you think he *wants
> to see* a disaster in Iraq, and why you think that.
>
> [1]http://toohotfortnr.blogspot.com/2008/03/why-it-have-to-be-like-this-...
>
> --
> tanx,
> Howard
>
> Whatever happened to
> Leon Trotsky?
> He got an icepick
> That made his ears burn.
>
> remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?- Hide quoted text -

Howard you claim that the folks fighting are being kept in the dark.
Here's a bit from the military.com forums and I'm gonna steal it for
you:

Posted Wed 02 April 2008 03:09 PM
www.chicagotribune.com/news/opinion/chi-oped0402keillorapr02,0,527978.column
chicagotribune.com
Not self-conscious about idiots who declare war

Garrison Keillor

April 2, 2008

As our story continues, we find Sen. John McCain resting in his tent,
plotting his fall campaign, as the Democrats continue the longest
primary in human history, which has left the pundit club and the
blogoswamp with nothing new to say whatsoever. You might as well write
about your sock drawer. Hillary Clinton is a great woman and a leaden
campaigner who makes even loyal supporters want to crawl behind the
couch, and Barack Obama has lost his charisma--it wore off him like
tread off a tire. I love him like a brother, and my brothers have no
charisma either.

Nor do I. What I have is self-consciousness, far from the same thing.
I sometimes (realizing that someone is looking at me, say, in the
library or at a cafe or even on the train) purse my lips and furrow my
brow to make myself appear to be thinking about something important
such as Canada rather than trying to remember the first verse of
"Ghost Riders in the Sky."

When I go in a store, I almost never look at price tags for fear the
sales clerks will consider me cheap, and so I have once or twice paid
phenomenal sums for a T-shirt or pair of socks. Like 30 bucks. When I
pose for a snapshot, I never smile because what I had thought was a
smile turned out, on film, to look like a pained grimace, as if I'd
just taken a shot to the kidneys.

The cure for self-consciousness is to get engrossed in something of
consequence, which is why so many people work so hard: They like it,
and they like not thinking so much about their hair.

A couple weeks ago I was feeling trapped at a party of perfectly nice
people and their self-conscious blither-blather and fake concern and
gushiness of the sort that drove poor Holden Caulfield out of town,
and I snuck into the kitchen and there stood a man and a woman in
their early 30s gazing out the window and comparing the back yard with
one they'd had in Utah. They were friendly, straight-talking, no-
nonsense people, nothing whimsical or sardonic or attitudinous about
them. Unlike everyone else, they weren't working to make a big
impression. And it didn't surprise me at all when they turned out to
be professional military, husband and wife, full-time National Guard.
Good people.

So we talked about Iraq, where they'd done two tours of duty, which
they considered a big mess. But they talked about it in more measured
terms than those of us would who managed to not be there. It was a
mess, but it was their job. They were loyal to the mission, though
honest about its failure.

What is mysterious to us civilians about the military is the Semper
Fidelis part, the discipline to march into extreme danger to carry out
wholeheartedly a mission about which you yourself are deeply
skeptical. "Theirs not to reason why, theirs but to do and die," as
the poet Tennyson wrote of the Light Brigade that rode into the valley
of death on the orders of an arrogant idiot, and men have been riding
off to death in behalf of many arrogant idiots ever since, including
the ones who are in the White House at the moment. This is a heroism
that is not expected of you or me, and it's the expectation of heroism
that gives the two in the kitchen the gravity that was so appealing to
me.

Many men have been carried to the cemetery with honor guards and rifle
salutes who, if the truth be known, knew their missions were not worth
the price but went anyway. Many, many of our honored dead were
dissenters.

What makes no sense at all is when the arrogant idiot expects us
civilians to support his unprincipled policy as a way of "supporting
our troops." The troops are not mercenaries, they are American
soldiers in a long, proud tradition going back to Gen. Washington's
Continental Army at Valley Forge, and what gives their mission dignity
and meaning is that it comes from a constitutional government in which
war is not a point of personal privilege but a matter to be openly
debated, opposed, protested, reported. For the troops to fall into
line is a noble thing; for civilians to fall into line is shameful.

Tribune Media Services

Garrison Keillor is a radio host and book author. E-mail: old
[email protected]

Copyright (c) 2008, Chicago Tribune

Here're the links both to this particular forum, and the general
link:
For this piece:

http://forums.military.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/672198221/m/8290063771001

The forums in general:
http://forums.military.com/eve/forums/a/cfrm/f/81519858

and current events:
http://forums.military.com/eve/forums/a/frm/f/672198221

So tell me again how they don't know what's going on?

> "Theirs not to reason why, theirs but to do and die," as
> the poet Tennyson wrote of the Light Brigade that rode into the valley
> of death on the orders of an arrogant idiot

Too bad Garrison never bothered to find out what happened at the Charge of
the Light Brigade. Apparently he'd be surprised to discover that it was a
communications problem that sent them down the WRONG valley.

On Apr 2, 7:40 pm, "Tom Kunich" <cyclintom@yahoo. com> wrote:
> "Bill C" <[email protected]> wrote in message

> > "Theirs not to reason why, theirs but to do and die," as
> > the poet Tennyson wrote of the Light Brigade that rode into the valley
> > of death on the orders of an arrogant idiot

> Too bad Garrison never bothered to find out what happened at the Charge of
> the Light Brigade. Apparently he'd be surprised to discover that it was a
> communications problem that sent them down the WRONG valley.

He's an entertainer. I like his work in that field a lot. I don't
listen to Charleton Heston, or Sean Penn for expertise in world events
and politics. Two people, one I did, and one I do, even though I
disgree with most of their positions, listen to are Ed Asner, and much
more so Mike Farrell.
Farrell may very well be the best I've seen at advocating and selling
a position. He's done his homework, is incredibly articulate, and
really quick witted.
Bill C

In article <3aedf039-f173-4d4b-b8d4-04e2e6e12c46@q27g2000prf.googlegroups.com>,
Bill C <[email protected]> wrote:

> Howard you claim that the folks fighting are being kept in the dark.
> Here's a bit from the military.com forums and I'm gonna steal it for
> you:

(snip)

Nice article, but does it accurately partray the average soldier in the field
right now?

> So tell me again how they don't know what's going on?

Bill, I said that the military is blocking sites that didn't agree with the
admin.'s position. I did not say they didn't know what's going on. I said that many
of the guys over there believe they are there to fight the people who did 9-11. With
Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity doing all they can to portray "the left" as traitors
and that's who is on Armed Forces Radio, can you honestly say that the average
soldier over there is getting the variety of info that he or she should get to form
opinions, particularly about "the left?" Donald is completely correct to point out
that we can't ***** about China censoring news sources if the US is doing the same.

--
tanx,
Howard

Whatever happened to
Leon Trotsky?
He got an icepick
That made his ears burn.

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

In article <[email protected]>,
"Tom Kunich" <cyclintom@yahoo. com> wrote:

> Hussein had SUCCESSFULLY bribed most of the important UN officials. He not
> only appeared to be developing WMD but in fact had most of the R & D out of
> the way and merely needed the UN Sanctions removed in order to actually
> build them. In order to build his image in the eyes of the Muslim world he
> was very likely to pass some of those weapons on to terrorist organizations.

You continue to disseminate this line of ********, Tom. Saddam was a secular guy,
very much opposed to having Islamic fundamentalist and their terrorist allies have
anything that could be used against him.

--
tanx,
Howard

Whatever happened to
Leon Trotsky?
He got an icepick
That made his ears burn.

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

On Thu, 03 Apr 2008 00:09:24 -0700, Howard Kveck <[email protected]>
wrote:

>In article <[email protected]>,
> "Tom Kunich" <cyclintom@yahoo. com> wrote:
>
>> Hussein had SUCCESSFULLY bribed most of the important UN officials. He not
>> only appeared to be developing WMD but in fact had most of the R & D out of
>> the way and merely needed the UN Sanctions removed in order to actually
>> build them. In order to build his image in the eyes of the Muslim world he
>> was very likely to pass some of those weapons on to terrorist organizations.

> You continue to disseminate this line of ********, Tom. Saddam was a secular guy,
>very much opposed to having Islamic fundamentalist and their terrorist allies have
>anything that could be used against him.

And that is why he changed the flag to proclaim Allah and his prophet?

According to your sort of thinking communists and nazis could never cooperate.

You'll find that people are considerably more complex and flexible that the
weirdly restricted pigeonholes you're trying to stuff them into.

Honest, narrow caricatures like yours restrict your own thinking more than they
define others.

On Thu, 03 Apr 2008 00:09:23 -0700, Howard Kveck <[email protected]>
wrote:

>In article <3aedf039-f173-4d4b-b8d4-04e2e6e12c46@q27g2000prf.googlegroups.com>,
> Bill C <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> Howard you claim that the folks fighting are being kept in the dark.
>> Here's a bit from the military.com forums and I'm gonna steal it for
>> you:

> (snip)
>
> Nice article, but does it accurately partray the average soldier in the field
>right now?
>
>> So tell me again how they don't know what's going on?

> Bill, I said that the military is blocking sites that didn't agree with the
>admin.'s position. I did not say they didn't know what's going on. I said that many
>of the guys over there believe they are there to fight the people who did 9-11.

Howard, you're a smart guy. That you are smart does not make other people
stupid. In fact, that presumption makes you stupid. The troops know exactly who
they are fighting and why - better than you apparently do.

"Bill C" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> I've actually had
> interaction by e-mail with Hannity, or one of his flunkies and his
> "patriotic" BS is just that.

I hate to point this out but Hannity is a RADIO PERSONALITY. He isn't a
politician and he isn't very bright either. That he has a radio show that is
popular doesn't make him an expert in anything.

> Limbaugh is like a lot of
> the rest of the visible conservative talking heads; some good points,
> and a ton of vitriolic BS that's totally one sided.

Now this I have to wonder about. Since reading all this sort of **** I
started listening to Limbaugh and for the life of me I've heard NONE of what
you're talking about. He doesn't poke fun at Democrats upon occassion and
often when necessary (you explain to ME Hillary running for President!) but
"a ton of vitriolic BS that's totally one sided" is so far out in left field
that I have to wonder if you've ever actually listened to him.

> O'Reilly is a little better, but you've got to be a paying member to
> actually even get a question answered. I like the fact the he is friends
> with, and will put on people like Farrell, Wrangel, Sharpton, etc

Now there's a real recommendation - he's FRIENDS with Al Sharpton - the man
who wants all white people murdered.

In article <[email protected]>, Hobbes@spnb&s.com wrote:

> On Thu, 03 Apr 2008 00:09:24 -0700, Howard Kveck <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
> >In article <[email protected]>,
> > "Tom Kunich" <cyclintom@yahoo. com> wrote:
> >
> >> Hussein had SUCCESSFULLY bribed most of the important UN officials. He not
> >> only appeared to be developing WMD but in fact had most of the R & D out
> >> of
> >> the way and merely needed the UN Sanctions removed in order to actually
> >> build them. In order to build his image in the eyes of the Muslim world he
> >> was very likely to pass some of those weapons on to terrorist
> >> organizations.

> > You continue to disseminate this line of ********, Tom. Saddam was a
> > secular guy, very much opposed to having Islamic fundamentalist and their
> > terrorist allies have anything that could be used against him.

> And that is why he changed the flag to proclaim Allah and his prophet?

Well, he did that just prior to the first Gulf war. It was an attempt to
ingratiate himself to the various Islamic countries (note: not Islamic fundies) in
the region in the hopes of getting some of them to try to convince everyone else to
not come kick his ass.

> According to your sort of thinking communists and nazis could never
> cooperate.

In Germany (and Italy) prior to WWII, there were great populist movements
featuring socilaists, communists and the guys who went on to be the Nazis (obviously
Italy didn't have Nazis - they had Mussolini's proto-fascists). Once the Nazis (and
Mussolini) took charge the first people to get rounded up were the socialists and
communists.

> You'll find that people are considerably more complex and flexible that the
> weirdly restricted pigeonholes you're trying to stuff them into.
>
> Honest, narrow caricatures like yours restrict your own thinking more than
> they define others.

Hmm, there is weirdly restricted pigeonhole stuffing going on in this thread, but
not by me...

--
tanx,
Howard

Whatever happened to
Leon Trotsky?
He got an icepick
That made his ears burn.

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

In article <[email protected]>, Hobbes@spnb&s.com wrote:

> On Thu, 03 Apr 2008 00:09:23 -0700, Howard Kveck <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
> >In article
> ><3aedf039-f173-4d4b-b8d4-04e2e6e12c46@q27g2000prf.googlegroups.com>,
> > Bill C <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> >> Howard you claim that the folks fighting are being kept in the dark.
> >> Here's a bit from the military.com forums and I'm gonna steal it for
> >> you:

> > (snip)
> >
> > Nice article, but does it accurately partray the average soldier in the
> > field
> >right now?
> >
> >> So tell me again how they don't know what's going on?

> > Bill, I said that the military is blocking sites that didn't agree with
> > the
> >admin.'s position. I did not say they didn't know what's going on. I said
> >that many
> >of the guys over there believe they are there to fight the people who did
> >9-11.

> Howard, you're a smart guy. That you are smart does not make other people
> stupid. In fact, that presumption makes you stupid. The troops know exactly
> who they are fighting and why - better than you apparently do.

I think you're mistaken - I haven't been saying the soldiers are stupid, however
polls of them back up what I said.
_______________
"Nearly nine of every 10 - 85% - said the U.S. mission is "to retaliate for
Saddam's role in the 9-11 attacks," while 77% said they believe the main or a major
reason for the war was "to stop Saddam from protecting al Qaeda in Iraq.""
_______________

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/john-zogby/on-a-new-poll-of-us-sol_b_16497.html

There was a more recent poll that I haven't found that showed almost the same
results. Zogby's polls have been pretty good.

--

Howard Kveck wrote:
> Hmm, there is weirdly restricted pigeonhole stuffing going on in this
> thread, but not by me...

Belgian pigeons.

> --
>                               tanx,
>                                Howard
>
>                         Whatever happened to
>                         Leon Trotsky?
>                         He got an icepick
>                         That made his ears burn.
>
>                      remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?- Hide quoted text -

Thanks Mr Rove.

http://carcino.gen.nz/images/index.php/00b9a680/463c5922